The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, EntMan said:

STDs - a rare collaboration between Slaanesh and Nurgle.

In other news, what do we think today’s preview will be? My heart screams for the rest of the Slaves to Darkness range, but I’m also willing to put an unholy amount of money on GW pushing World Eaters ahead of us to keep the Arks of Omen hype train going.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/08/sunday-preview-the-slaves-to-darkness-pour-forth-across-the-mortal-realms/

Spoiler
Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Rex & Esmeralda (Forgeworld)
Big Goliath Dude (Forgeworld)
Outlander Beastmaster (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Squigboss, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome
General's Handbook Gallet Season 2

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Horus Ascendant
Ultramarines heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Sons heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)

Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown
Boarding boxes (CSM & Ultramarines)
Battleforce CSM Boarding

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Bruce

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

Glad StD are finally getting released but I've realised how much I'd been hoping the Start Collecting Warriors sprue would be included in the vanguard box. Hopefully the new multipart ones has a mix of helmetless heads of different genders like that one did.

• Like 1

I think the only strange thing now is that GW kept the old Marauders kit and haven't replaced them through this update nor through Warcry - esp when the Warcry sets (which fill a similar army role) are just outstanding compared to the Marauders which are seriously showing their age. 

Otherwise super fantastic to see Slaves getting this release at last and rounding out the army with a big chunky release. 

Interestingly the Vanguard set is also pretty neat, you get warriors, knights, chariot and a lord. Which is a pretty good set to start off a core and also to double up on 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think the only strange thing now is that GW kept the old Marauders kit and haven't replaced them through this update nor through Warcry - esp when the Warcry sets (which fill a similar army role) are just outstanding compared to the Marauders which are seriously showing their age. 

Otherwise super fantastic to see Slaves getting this release at last and rounding out the army with a big chunky release. 

Interestingly the Vanguard set is also pretty neat, you get warriors, knights, chariot and a lord. Which is a pretty good set to start off a core and also to double up on 

Personally I think that GW's plan is to keep on pushing out Warcry units with the intent to "replace" the Marauders kit without updating it. Each warband is directly tied to a specific realm, and now we're seeing cult units directly tied to each god faction, as the roomier creed and jade obelisk war bands have pdf rules tying them directly to the Maggotkin and Disciples armies.

• Like 4

By the article, the dameon prince is the same kit for 40k, meaning it needs AN ENTIRE DIFFERENT UPPER BODY for power armor. Like look at the warhammer fest reveal, it barely look like the same model. 

I'm patiently waiting for community to put out a strip whit a prince that it's summoned....and  realizes it's wearing the wrong amror and weapons. Maybe even goes all "death to the false emperor!" before seeing that he's fighting stormcasts and asks whispering to another daemon "whats the catchphrase here?". 

• Haha 3

It could also be that the Marauder kits make more sense to save for a future starter set similar to Blood Reavers, Poxwalkers, Chainrasps, Necron Warriors and Hobgrots. Something that's fairly simple equipment wise but can also have some semi-interesting poses to fill out whomever is fighting the Stormcast whilst also not drawing attention to whatever big and more exciting thing is in the box on that side.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I could see the traditional marauder kit being something that gets updated for The Old World, where it ‘fits’ better. Leaving the higher fantasy maurauder types in the various Warcry warbands for AoS. In much the same way that many traditional archetypes are getting dialled up for AoS (Vampire centaurs, flaming dwarfs, the whole Ossiarch range, literal sea elves etc), helping to differentiate them from the more recognisable, lower fantasy WHFB. 

• Like 2

The thing is that the existing Maruaders are already pretty high fantasy in that they're brawny unclothed Conan-style barbarians with horned helmets. If GW really wanted to make them more low fantasy or to distinguish them for WHFB, they could make them something like the various historical Viking/Saxon/etc minis on the market, but I'd be surprised.

Moreover even putting aside the excellent diversity of aesthetics you get through the Warcry range, you still have a fairly pure update to the existing normal marauders kit in the form of the Darkoath Savagers. Granted they have a classically Warcry mix of weapons and there's no flails but otherwise they could work as 1:1 replacements. Same to a lesser extent with the Spire Tyrants.

Little bit surprised GW didn't just roll with that.

60010299030_EngWCRedHarvestGroup01.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Now I have to convince myself not to get Chosen, or MESBG... I wish I wasn't broke 😑

Chosen are horrible to paint. I went „quick and clean“ and that took me approximately 2 hours per model. (The gold ornaments themselves took about an hour)

I hope that helps :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Chosen are horrible to paint. I went „quick and clean“ and that took me approximately 2 hours per model. (The gold ornaments themselves took about an hour)

I hope that helps :D

They’re such lovely models but I don’t enjoy painting and I know they just wouldn’t get done. 

• Like 2