The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

And only the aelves box is still available. Maybe would have bought the underworlds box. Hasnt even been a full day.

I had just decided to buy the Underworlds one when it sold out. Bit miffed about that. as there are enough new and old Warbands that I'd love to get my hands on that I'd be happy to take the chance on it. Ah well, probably for the best.

I know this isn't the case but the value boxes are giving me some horrific flashbacks to my days as a Warmachine/Hordes player. I'm sure GW wants to clear out a bunch of space for the launch of 10th plus whatever other big releases are coming. Privateer Press had a terrible problem of devaluing it's product to the point of costing them a spot on the shelves at a lot of LGS. 

I'm curious to see what is in those boxes that people are getting. I hope folks that ordered one or more tell us what they end up getting. My assumption would be terrain and some models from older/less popular factions. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, EntMan said:

These are the most expensive Lucky Dips I have come across. You don't even know what faction you're getting (if it even is one faction)

The savings on what you get would have to be phenomenal to even begin to tempt me!

Someone posted last year on Reddit that they got nothing but old space marine kits and 3 Tor garadons in their lootbox, i don't want to make such a bet.

The only one that might be tempting is the underworlds one, since you're guaranteed (?) to get complete packs of warbands. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I know this isn't the case but the value boxes are giving me some horrific flashbacks to my days as a Warmachine/Hordes player. I'm sure GW wants to clear out a bunch of space for the launch of 10th plus whatever other big releases are coming. Privateer Press had a terrible problem of devaluing it's product to the point of costing them a spot on the shelves at a lot of LGS. 

I'm curious to see what is in those boxes that people are getting. I hope folks that ordered one or more tell us what they end up getting. My assumption would be terrain and some models from older/less popular factions. 

I mean, they have "Order" and "Aelf" boxes, if those aren't filled to the brim with old CoS models that are about to get the boot I'll be genuinely shocked. Underworlds is a safer bet, but I remember the last time the underworld boxes had a lot of like playmats and underworlds terrain, don't assume you're getting actual warbands.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Someone posted last year on Reddit that they got nothing but old space marine kits and 3 Tor garadons in their lootbox, i don't want to make such a bet.

The only one that might be tempting is the underworlds one, since you're guaranteed (?) to get complete packs of warbands. 

The Imperium one a little over a year ago contained:

Australia:
Knight Castellan
Kor'saaro Khan
Kayvaan Shrike
Scouts
Scouts with sniper rifles

UK:
Marine bikes
Arco-flagellants
Fenris wolves
Adrax Agatone
Master Lazarus
Mephiston
Kor'saaro Khan

Ireland: same as the UK but with Kor'sarro Khan swapped out for the EtB Redemptor Dreadnought.

So a reasonable mix in all honesty from a painters perspective but not what you want to buy to build a specific army.

For me I have small amounts of Daughters of Khaine, Sylvaneth and Dark Elves/Har Kuron in various stages of being worked on. I also plan to eventually start an Idoneth army. So Aelves was a reasonable gamble for me (especially considering most of the stuff I have is in the form of units for use in Warcry and not characters). If it's all CoS Aelves then I'll be very happy as I was planning to focus on them ahead of a risk of them being rotated anyway.

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/01/sunday-preview-celebrate-the-new-year-with-arks-of-omen-battleforces-and-the-horus-heresy/

40k and Horus Heresy 

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Rex & Esmeralda (Forgeworld)
Big Goliath Dude (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Slaves to Darkness Full Release
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Squigboss, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices
Spring Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Summer Order Battletome
General's Handbook Gallet Season 2

Warcry
Bloodhunt
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Second warband + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Horus Ascendant
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Full Release
Chapter approved 
Space Marines Battleforces (Ultramarines, White Scars, Salamanders, Iron Hands)
World Eaters Full Release
Arks of Omen: Abaddon
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Nobbla
Scrappa

Bruce

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I mean, they have "Order" and "Aelf" boxes, if those aren't filled to the brim with old CoS models that are about to get the boot I'll be genuinely shocked. Underworlds is a safer bet, but I remember the last time the underworld boxes had a lot of like playmats and underworlds terrain, don't assume you're getting actual warbands.

last time underworlds got:

- beastgrave terranin

- gaming mat

- box for cards

- carry case

- Godsworn Hunt warband

- Ironsoul condemnors vs Lady harrow mournflight box

- tokens

Edited by Gotz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gotz said:

last time underworlds got:

- beastgrave terranin

- gaming mat

- box for cards

- carry case

- Godsworn Hunt warband

- Ironsoul condemnors vs Lady harrow mournflight box

- tokens

Oh god they can give you old cards/tokens in those boxes? Drastically reduces any interest I had xD

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

These are the most expensive Lucky Dips I have come across. You don't even know what faction you're getting (if it even is one faction)

The savings on what you get would have to be phenomenal to even begin to tempt me! 

Description says double the face value. 

For my aelf one I'm guessing 

A spray can (said dangerous shipping, probably old white spray). 

Wood elf Prince 

2 boxes eternal guard 

2 boxes wild riders 

I'll be happy with that. 

Or could be dark elves which I'll be even happier with. 

Gold mine would be old High Elf kits 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Ogregut

I've snagged one of the underworlds ones. Will be good for my cursed city games (fingers crossed for death warbands!) If not I'll proxy it dind some of Peter coopers rules to use. Hopefully theres agood few models in there

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

What has been all the aos anniversary models?

Nighthaunt 

Kruleboyz

?...

Guesses on next? Ill say a CoS or StD model. They seem to follow newer releases. 

I think at least 3 knight questors. But I'm not sure if all were for store anniversaries 

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

What has been all the aos anniversary models?

Nighthaunt 

Kruleboyz

?...

Guesses on next? Ill say a CoS or StD model. They seem to follow newer releases. 

2017:

40k only

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/27/birthday-battle-brothergw-homepage-post-4/

2018:

2019:

2021:

2022:

Couldn't find one for 2020, maybe that year didn't have one because of Covid?

I could see StD but since every model so far has either been Stormcast or the other side in the starter sets I expect another Stormcast this year, especially because there isn't one in the new Stormcast design yet

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I could see StD but since every model so far has either been Stormcast or the other side in the starter sets I expect another Stormcast this year, especially because there isn't one in the new Stormcast design yet

Edited 27 minutes ago by Matrind

For that one time in the entirety of aos I am really really hoping it is skaven vs. Dark elves.

or at least no more stormcast for a while.

at this point stormcast have literally a unit with every single kind of weapon twice to thrice.

And the heroes are even worse 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's not Necromunda, but it is Blood Bowl.

I'm sure it could make for an amusing Nighthaunt proxy though.

875MqyA3Ioo0KSO3.jpg

H8t2xb55KnUJFHae.jpg

XDquU9HlQVTMPYYX.jpg

Oh wow, they kind of didn't succeed with this model, didn't they? It's been a while since I last saw a modern GW model that I thought looked bad, but this is just a skeleton covered in green chewing gum, right?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1