The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They need a stormcast-type redesign. There's never been a bigger mismatch between the narrative and the models imo. 

You buy into them because of the axes and beards, and then you realise you've been sold badly-proportioned middle aged men in nappies.

I painted about 30 of them and then had some sort of existential crisis. They're just too weird.

I'd love for them to get a full rework.

Yeah, I think they could be done really well if they were redesigned. Personally I'd drop the naked part (at least for most of them: perhaps have a unit that keeps it, but even here I'd give them bloody trousers) and give them armour. They aren't Slayers, they aren't trying to die in glorious battle to atone for past sins, I am sure there's a lore reason why they are naked now but just quietly ditch that and give them cool gold armour (perhaps they've collected enough Ur Gold to make armour from it). Go look at the Auric Flamekeeper for inspiration: just extend his helmet/facemask and giant belt-buckle to the rest of his body and you'd have something that looks good.

Beyond that they need more unit variety: mini-magmadroth cav, some sort of Ur Gold Golem, perhaps even a warmachine? Again, they're not slayers, they can do things other than fight in melee.

If GW did this, and did it well, I think I'd be interested in the army.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, I think they could be done really well if they were redesigned. Personally I'd drop the naked part (at least for most of them: perhaps have a unit that keeps it, but even here I'd give them bloody trousers) and give them armour. They aren't Slayers, they aren't trying to die in glorious battle to atone for past sins, I am sure there's a lore reason why they are naked now but just quietly ditch that and give them cool gold armour (perhaps they've collected enough Ur Gold to make armour from it). Go look at the Auric Flamekeeper for inspiration: just extend his helmet/facemask and giant belt-buckle to the rest of his body and you'd have something that looks good.

Beyond that they need more unit variety: mini-magmadroth cav, some sort of Ur Gold Golem, perhaps even a warmachine? Again, they're not slayers, they can do things other than fight in melee.

If GW did this, and did it well, I think I'd be interested in the army.

Agreed, trousers should be at the top of the list if GW is ever considering a redesign. 

Also, I'd like them to have actual hair, rather than hair sprouting from their helmets.

They could even create a narrative reason with them remodelling themselves in Gotrek's image. 

Edit: but yeah, they could totally go in the opposite direction and move away from the old world slayer design, and I'd be fine with that too. But I don't think anyone is over the moon with how they currently look

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Agreed, trousers should be at the top of the list if GW is ever considering a redesign. 

And bring the ladies to the party!

Dwarves are like ogors for me. I like them and id pick some up but the current lines just don't do it for me. 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Personally I've always felt that the supposed unpopularity of Fyreslayers is heavily overstated. Any AoS community I've visited regardless of size always has at least a couple of Fyreslayer players. Their tournament meta percentage is in the middle range (Looks like about 3.5% currently, in between Realm Lords and SoB) and seems pretty stable edition to edition even though they're rarely considered a true top tier army. On GW's side they do get featured quite in bit in stories and art and such, I don't get any feeling that GW secretly hates Fyreslayers or wants them to disappear.

Of course, they do have drawbacks, mostly just the absolutely crippling lack of meaningful unit options. I have some gripes with the existing units but they're not that bad, it's actually quite impressive what a good painter can do with Fyreslayers. They just desperately need options beyond painting the same two models over and over again to fill out an army.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Personally I've always felt that the supposed unpopularity of Fyreslayers is heavily overstated. Any AoS community I've visited regardless of size always has at least a couple of Fyreslayer players. Their tournament meta percentage is in the middle range (Looks like about 3.5% currently, in between Realm Lords and SoB) and seems pretty stable edition to edition even though they're rarely considered a true top tier army. On GW's side they do get featured quite in bit in stories and art and such, I don't get any feeling that GW secretly hates Fyreslayers or wants them to disappear.

Of course, they do have drawbacks, mostly just the absolutely crippling lack of meaningful unit options. I have some gripes with the existing units but they're not that bad, it's actually quite impressive what a good painter can do with Fyreslayers. They just desperately need options beyond painting the same two models over and over again to fill out an army.

I think in my experience Fyreslayers aren't unpopular they are simply somewhat divisive. Most people I know either really like them or dislike them. I personally really like them, although I do not love GW's choice of having them all have the same hair colour and skin tone as it does make them feel overall much more monotonous.  I also wish they had more unit variety as the majority of the army consists of heroes that which cannot all be fielded at once. 

I still would like to see some expansions on the theme.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

Here's my two cents regarding this whole fyreslayer discussion (which probably doesn't belong in rumour thread but since it's here might as well say it): Why are some people so keen on changing army simply because THEY don't like it? I like my pantless fyreslayers very much thank you and if GW were to give them pants, I would see it as cowardly move to please these "imaginary" masses and betrayal to many existing players. I never ask for any army to be changed simply because I don't like it. Different people have different tastes, yeah sure fyreslayers are arguably in the nichiest niche there is probably but that is no reason to change them, there is room after all for some niche factions.

With all that said, they do need desperately new models to spice up the faction and hopefully at some point more dynamic better looking infantry models.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I can't sleep so was going over the old list of gitmob units. 1707914153_Screenshot_20221130-012444_FreeAdblockerBrowser.jpg.7246161d03cfa7e4480b6252cc3db13d.jpg

I'd love to see a shaman on snarlfang hero and a warlord/named on a chariot. I'm so damn excited to see if we get anything else. 

I know there's fans but they can keep the snotling stuff imo. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I can't sleep so was going over the old list of gitmob units. 

I'd love to see a shaman on snarlfang hero and a warlord/named on a chariot. so damn excited to see if we get anything else. 

Work is slow today so came up with some ideas.

image.png.3da6fd197eb6a263872655b35af6d3dd.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 6

3 hours ago, angrycontra said:

I never ask for any army to be changed simply because I don't like it.

People aren't asking for the faction to be changed, they are sharing what they would do if the faction were changed. I can pretty much guarantee GW aren't lurking on these forums, sourcing ideas for where to take AoS next. If they did change Fyreslayers (and I doubt they will to be honest) it'll be because they've done some genuine market research as a result of poor sales, not because of what a few people are saying on a forum.

As to why people are talking about this, I can't speak for others but for me it's because Fyreslayers are a faction I want to like. I loved Dwarfs in WFB, and whilst I liked both aspects of them, I preferred their martial side to their engineering side. I want to love a martial focused AoS Duardin force, but Fyreslayers don't hit the mark for me. That said, there are loads of factions in AoS that I like, so if Fyreslayers remain the way they are now that's fine. I won't collect them myself, but I have more armies I want to collect than I'll ever have time to so no worries. But if Fyreslayers did change then I'd probably jump on them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

People aren't asking for the faction to be changed, they are sharing what they would do if the faction were changed. I can pretty much guarantee GW aren't lurking on these forums, sourcing ideas for where to take AoS next. If they did change Fyreslayers (and I doubt they will to be honest) it'll be because they've done some genuine market research as a result of poor sales, not because of what a few people are saying on a forum.

As to why people are talking about this, I can't speak for others but for me it's because Fyreslayers are a faction I want to like. I loved Dwarfs in WFB, and whilst I liked both aspects of them, I preferred their martial side to their engineering side. I want to love a martial focused AoS Duardin force, but Fyreslayers don't hit the mark for me. That said, there are loads of factions in AoS that I like, so if Fyreslayers remain the way they are now that's fine. I won't collect them myself, but I have more armies I want to collect than I'll ever have time to so no worries. But if Fyreslayers did change then I'd probably jump on them.

Yes. Give me something like this and i'll start collecting Duardin.

Iron Hills Armored Dwarves | World of warcraft characters, The hobbit  movies, Fantasy dwarf

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies | The hobbit, The hobbit movies, Lord of  the rings

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition |  cinegasmsandbroomsticks

ArtStation - The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies - Dwarves

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

And bring the ladies to the party!

Dwarves are like ogors for me. I like them and id pick some up but the current lines just don't do it for me. 

And both have an easy fix - add some Duardin and Ogor women! I know it goes well with Bugman's brew, but we can't have a 'sausage fest' 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, novakai said:

I also don’t know why specifically  their an argument that KO just need rule update and that plastic won’t help them when they have the Tau problem and could use more plastic to help them out

Because they don't?

We have four troop units. 

Arkanauts can be given an anvil/chaff/objective sitting role, with a better melee profile.

Thunderers can be upgunned to hit harder/more consistently in range, but maybe with penalties when on boats.

Endrinriggers/Skywardens split into two roles - one (and I don't care whichever way around) good in long range and ship support, the other a proper hammer in melee.

That would already build an internally well-balanced army, before we even get to the boats.

As much as I love new models, 'want' and 'need' are two very different things. And KO really doesn't need new models _as_much_ as they need better rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, novakai said:

there  is nothing that GW ever did or implied that Ironjawz or FEC would not get second waves, that notion itself is rubbish. 

Neither they ever implied that these armies would get a second wave. What I'm saying is that there is no rule here and we should not expect that every army will reach the Lumineth or Seraphon size. At the same time, I agree that GW does not state such things and, unfortunately, we have to read between the lines.

Elsewhere you mentioned Harlequins and that is a very good example. They even had their own book last edition - but did you ever expect them to grow beyond their current size? Lore-wise they are what they should be, another flavour of Aeldari, not to be recommended for anyone looking for a deep army.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Because they don't?

We have four troop units. 

Arkanauts can be given an anvil/chaff/objective sitting role, with a better melee profile.

Thunderers can be upgunned to hit harder/more consistently in range, but maybe with penalties when on boats.

Endrinriggers/Skywardens split into two roles - one (and I don't care whichever way around) good in long range and ship support, the other a proper hammer in melee.

That would already build an internally well-balanced army, before we even get to the boats.

As much as I love new models, 'want' and 'need' are two very different things. And KO really doesn't need new models _as_much_ as they need better rules.

This is pretty much where I stand. Don't get me wrong, if KO get more minis I'm not going to be upset: I love KOs aesthetic. But they need them far less than some other factions.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

This is pretty much where I stand. Don't get me wrong, if KO get more minis I'm not going to be upset: I love KOs aesthetic. But they need them far less than some other factions.

I do agree armies like Fyreslayers need variety a lot more, but I'm not going to buy new Kharadron when I already have that box.

7 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I do agree armies like Fyreslayers need variety a lot more, but I'm not going to buy new Kharadron when I already have that box.

To be honest I wasn't even thinking about Fyreslayers. I'm thinking Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Ogors, Seraphon etc.

And unfortunately the same will apply to every other faction that doesn't get new models. No one's going to buy new Ogors when they already have them (and far fewer new players are going to buy them than, say, KO, because the minis just aren't as good in comparison).

I honestly do not get the constant complaint about "we deserve new models" from some fireslayers players here. 

Not only is it quite an entiteled statement to make in general and for any hobbyist, it is also not like GW tricked anyone into believing there were more models to come ( remember when Armybooks had rules for units that didnt exist?)

Some of the FS players i know actually started their project because of the small scope. "its just two Start Collecting and a few blisters". 

Now dont get me wrong: we are all in need of a new plastic fix. But at least give some pretend reason why your things are more releveant: "the army sure would look more interesting with an axthrower artillery", "those clanrats sure are old and it Shows", "make Brettonia a faction again". 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Koala said:

I honestly do not get the constant complaint about "we deserve new models" from some fireslayers players here. 

Not only is it quite an entiteled statement to make in general and for any hobbyist, it is also not like GW tricked anyone into believing there were more models to come ( remember when Armybooks had rules for units that didnt exist?)

Some of the FS players i know actually started their project because of the small scope. "its just two Start Collecting and a few blisters". 

Now dont get me wrong: we are all in need of a new plastic fix. But at least give some pretend reason why your things are more releveant: "the army sure would look more interesting with an axthrower artillery", "those clanrats sure are old and it Shows", "make Brettonia a faction again". 

I am a Fyreslayers player and I fully endorse this message. 

Not sure how I'm going to fold it under the rumours thread now, so let me share this latest leak on Fyreslayers: (most likely) not to be expanded any time soon.

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Whether it's Ulgu or not, it's pretty exciting. It doesn't resemble anything we already have. The closest I could find is the chaos Legionnaires, which is similar but clearly not the same. Screenshot_20221130-183716.png.34e0437c8c4ff0747e98aed9d0671652.png

Yes right , it doesn't resemble anything we know yet , It really looks like a new faction

For the chaos legionnaires the icon is definitely Belakor face such as new character Eternus has on mount's chest.

Eternus-Blade-of-the-First-Prince.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I can't sleep so was going over the old list of gitmob units. 1707914153_Screenshot_20221130-012444_FreeAdblockerBrowser.jpg.7246161d03cfa7e4480b6252cc3db13d.jpg

I'd love to see a shaman on snarlfang hero and a warlord/named on a chariot. I'm so damn excited to see if we get anything else. 

I just want new Troggoths!! Plateau or Mountain faring variety.

• Like 3