The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, novakai said:

I don’t think keyword bingo is going away entirely, rather they loosen up some restriction for the moonclan keywords (like an ability works on all moonclan units not specifically a hero or grot unit) but I doubt there will be many true universal buff as that not even common among newer books either.

like your spider buff and trogg buff are not going to work on other units other Spiderfang and Troggoths. Your moonclan buff are still for mostly moonclan units but now includes squigs.

This makes sense. Like you say I wouldn’t expect a Troggboss to buff spider riders, but I think the difference with the current GG book is that nearly all the allegiance ability’s and sub-faction ability’s are locked into the same unit type keywords, which means that it’s almost always quite pointless to take a unit of one type in a sub-faction that’s specifically geared towards a different unit type. Other armies have keywords like “summonable”, “daemon” “mortal” which are playable throughout the different sub factions, but GG keywords, combined with sub-faction allegiance ability’s are a bit more restrictive. Moonclan is a good example of one that covers more than one unit type, and I think that’s a good thing. I don’t think everyone wants to build “trog army” “squig army” or “spider army” and it would be nice to be able to combine these units to some effect within a sub-faction. 

3 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

This makes sense. Like you say I wouldn’t expect a Troggboss to buff spider riders, but I think the difference with the current GG book is that nearly all the allegiance ability’s and sub-faction ability’s are locked into the same unit type keywords, which means that it’s almost always quite pointless to take a unit of one type in a sub-faction that’s specifically geared towards a different unit type. Other armies have keywords like “summonable”, “daemon” “mortal” which are playable throughout the different sub factions, but GG keywords, combined with sub-faction allegiance ability’s are a bit more restrictive. Moonclan is a good example of one that covers more than one unit type, and I think that’s a good thing. I don’t think everyone wants to build “trog army” “squig army” or “spider army” and it would be nice to be able to combine these units to some effect within a sub-faction. 

Books have been getting more modular in nature IMO, but I think that'll be tough to pull off in gitz. For modular design you flatten out the synergies and make each "piece" (could be a solo unit, or a unit + a hero) operate independently.
You run into a few issues with Gitz, grots are supposed to be weak narratively, but they have numbers and fight dirty. It doesn't make sense for 60 grots to be dangerous without a ton of support. spiders, troggs, and squigs can get away with it though. troggs run into the elite issue of modular design, where the package costs too much for the unit + the hero, so either that hero needs an aoe buff to justify their points (which creates a linear incentive) or the units need to all be independent operators, which leaves the troggboss with little to do if he's not directly competing with the other trogg units. Squigs and spiders are probably fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Weird if it's beastmen though. Considering they're just around the corner. Rumour engines tend to be a way off. 

Unless it's a range revamp planned for the next Broken Realms series.

We've had REs that related to models revealed literally a couple of weeks later (not many, but has happened), so I wouldn't be betting my money on that in particular ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Sorry guys I literally wrote this after almost being in an accident caused by an older lady and I took it out on my beloeved TGA!! Thats 100% my bad my anger had risen 😅

Better us than her lol

Also I too am very curious if Hastings is still a credible rumor source.

That shield has all the markings of being for beasts but then the bits of other armies stuff strapped to the gargant kit kind of ruined the RE anyway since they can literally just show us the base decorations of other models.

Edited by The Red King
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

Ive been out the hobby for a bit, i see there is new chameleon skinks, I know they are warcry but are they also a replacement for the current molds? Or something different? Thanks. 

It can replace current sculpts: judging from all the preview pics, you can make 5 blowgun and 5 melee chameleons. They come in 5s on tabletop so the 5 blowgun sculpts you can fit right in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm calling gitmob.
Destruction are the only ones that "loot" stuff quite frequently, and this shield looks pretty battered. The rope at the top makes it look like its tied to something, rather than being held by someone, and gitz are the only destruction army left, and are probably getting a gitmob release.
This is probably strapped onto a chariot or pump wagon as an armor plate.

Id love a few more Gitmob units!! Maybe a Troggoth has slapped it on like a sombrero for use as a hat!! Its a step up from rocks!!

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

More Hobgrots but for Chorfs?

There's even some rope and little spikes...

01-01.jpg

Oh sweet baby Hashut!! Let it be!!

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

And who do we know that has a history with Chaos and is Destruction...

KING THROGG

Cleansed in the fires of the World that Was he returns!!

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Better us than her lol

Oh I may have vented at her as well, nobody was injured but she did ruin a perfectly nice lamp post and had the gall to blame the school crossing, which was 50 metres away and caused her to swerve across traffic? Im not sure a school crossing should encourage dangerous driving!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m thinking a Khorne gong for their upcoming tome next year. Destruction loot tends to be more messy and extra bits hammered on. (Khorne has been getting a lot of love lately across the warhammer universes)

But anyway, new UnderWorlds fortress cards post and the Rivals card flavor continues to be a blast.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/22/the-best-defence-isnt-a-good-offence-its-fearsome-fortress-the-new-rivals-deck-for-warhammer-underworlds/

image.jpeg.997dd465d528a2d514ac1ce3d4f1f8bf.jpeg

image.jpeg.c6b243e28f9d85c55cbfeebc3999b12f.jpeg

image.jpeg.463a4f0398091bceb68f3e40e51c1873.jpeg
image.jpeg.02c6889da33aae8b77c51f2b154e78b8.jpeg
image.jpeg.e9479fed8bbbec7435dc8e065e9b38e6.jpeg

Fun ideas for how crazy a AoS siege can get with living obstacles and even when first seeing the Loon Knights warband my first thought was how cool they could do a defensive scenario with the squig-a-pult and armored infantry blocking a spikey Gnarlwood  choke point so the squig knight can bounce in and pick off attackers.

it could also happen in the next cycle of Warcry boxes after Nightmare quest.

since I feel like both Bloodhunt and Nightmare quest will have Khorne and Slaanesh Warband respectively if the trend continues. 

Edit also if its a Khorne vs FEC/Soulblight warband for Bloodhunt i assume that the last one would be Slaanesh vs some destruction warband for the last box

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, novakai said:

it could also happen in the next cycle of Warcry boxes after Nightmare quest.

since I feel like both Bloodhunt and Nightmare quest will have Khorne and Slaanesh Warband respectively if the trend continues. 

Edit also if its a Khorne vs FEC/Soulblight warband for Bloodhunt i assume that the last one would be Slaanesh vs some destruction warband for the last box

Slaanesh is not on the map 

HYxSm9D.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Slaanesh is not on the map 

HYxSm9D.jpg

well, it is not the be-all-end-all for predicting Warcry bands though given past maps have leaded to nothing. the Map doesn't exactly disprove my point

if the next one does have a Khorne Warband and we already got Nurgle and Tzeentch, I don't see why the last box Nightmare Quest wouldn't have  Slaanesh at that point in time, it would just needlessly buck the trend.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Hmm

20221122_195848.jpg

For the sake of everything sacred to the big 4 please be something like this if not Chaos ogres(that would make a nice warband)....
They already renewed Chameleon skinks, Centigors coming back in plastic would be a blessing (and i don't even play beasts)...and also it would confirm that warcry will become something like kill team: a game where we could se updates for old units.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, novakai said:

would any myriad of Beastmen infantry be more likely then Centigors considering Warcry and Killteam have been infantry specific?

I could see the Seraphon chameleon treatment, 10 Gors who live in the shifting meat forest supported by three centigors from the plains nearby.

They seem like charging (drunk) glass cannons anyway so they’d fit as a fragile lance unit.

On the subject of Hedonites, remember the contingent that went to attack Excelsis became a rabble as Sigvald and the Glutton fought eachother so there’s bound to be remnants of those Slaanesh forces wandering around(I still think that’s the upcoming UnderWorlds warband with Malerion’s mask horns as a cruel jest since he’s technically the father of the Slaanesh god-twins)

Edited by Baron Klatz

Not a particularly current rumour , but on Peachy's new youtube channel (Or at least the one he joined) he revealed a Dwarf tank got as far as being painted by the army painter team before getting cancelled in late 8th ed warhammer. 

Boooo, that would have been cool, hopefully itll return one day, though probably not in OW, maybe in revamped dispossessed? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

would any myriad of Beastmen infantry be more likely then Centigors considering Warcry and Killteam have been infantry specific?

Centigors would be a poor fit for Warcry, yes. You can take Cavalry technically but they're pretty hamstrung trying to navigate 3D terrain via the rules. OTOH, Centigors are resin, so it makes a lot more sense for them to be coming than any of the infantry kits which are all plastic and hold up reasonably well.