The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I do think the bottom image for Underworlds looks like dark elves - the classic 'skull' look of the executioners mixed with a new draconic crest.

I do hope all of the Gloomspite rumours aren't just an Underworlds band...

s-l1600.jpg

Dark-elf-symbol-warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-the.jpg

Screenshot_20221021_153727.jpg

RDT_20221021_1532308372376527115481196.jpg

My first thought was executioners but not sure if they fit this setting well.

Malerion  Shadow Aelves... Was the edited Community post not confirmation of the Umbraneth as being the name?? Sounds like a good counter part to the Lumineth.

16 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I do think the bottom image for Underworlds looks like dark elves - the classic 'skull' look of the executioners mixed with a new draconic crest.

s-l1600.jpg

The crown is too similar to the crowns the Khainites wear to be anything else than new elves.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, CDM said:

My first thought was executioners but not sure if they fit this setting well.

Malerion  Shadow Aelves... Was the edited Community post not confirmation of the Umbraneth as being the name?? Sounds like a good counter part to the Lumineth.

The Umbraneth part was never part of the article, it was an edited post that made its way round the internet. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I would take this even further... I so hope that we are done with this constant stream of Underworld & Warcry and finally get a proper Battlescroll, proper units (no, a warband is not a proper unit, even with AoS rules provided) and some info on the next tomes. Just AoS, please - no offshoot side games.      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I would take this even further... I so hope that we are done with this constant stream of Underworld & Warcry and finally get a proper Battlescroll, proper units (no, a warband is not a proper unit, even with AoS rules provided) and some info on the next tomes. Just AoS, please - no offshoot side games.      

When and what was the last "proper" new unit in AoS. "Proper" as in 10+ models of the same type in a unit? 

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I agree with your overall point, but the warbands =/= proper units may be changing, for Warcry at least. We'll have to see what the Seraphon warband actually looks like, but if it is 5-10 chameleon skinks or even something like 5 skinks + 3 kroxigor I see that as an acceptable (if not ideal) way for some armies to be updated.

If they constructed the warbands to intentionally work for regular AoS units (even if they did have specific rules as well) then it would be a great way of updating units outside of battletome releases.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Not even sure... I think Sylvaneth Archers and Seekers, before that Nighthaunt crossbow guys.

While the treedudes on bugs are cool, they are in 3s, which doesn't fit 'proper new unit' to me...

But Nighthaunt crossbows fits.

Guess we wait for Slaves and then new Cities humans?

Really happy to know Moonclan will be the next Warband.

I wonder what models we will get. Usually of course we tend to get unique sculpts of a Hero and some troops but we've already had both for Gloomspite, with the shaman and even a fanatic, so I wonder if they're using this to fill a slot that's not had a plastic kit or it's an entirely new unit! Both are exciting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

I agree with your overall point, but the warbands =/= proper units may be changing, for Warcry at least. We'll have to see what the Seraphon warband actually looks like, but if it is 5-10 chameleon skinks or even something like 5 skinks + 3 kroxigor I see that as an acceptable (if not ideal) way for some armies to be updated.

If they constructed the warbands to intentionally work for regular AoS units (even if they did have specific rules as well) then it would be a great way of updating units outside of battletome releases.

Yeah, I know - at the same time this approach always feels a bit like a GW's cheap excuse or distraction tool, like "We know very well that some armies are in dire need of an update and other should get additional units, but look, look! So many cool minis for Warcry and Underworlds! You can even use some of them for your AoS games or proxy our 20-years old model here and there".

Not cool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flippy said:

Yeah, I know - at the same time this approach always feels a bit like a GW's cheap excuse or distraction tool, like "We know very well that some armies are in dire need of an update and other should get additional units, but look, look! So many cool minis for Warcry and Underworlds! You can even use some of them for your AoS games or proxy our 20-years old model here and there".

Not cool.

Yeah, this. For example, those sweet new Skaven models didn't make up for a lack of a range refresh. I think they actually make it more obvious that one I is needed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Not cool.

You're not wrong unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, EntMan said:

While the treedudes on bugs are cool, they are in 3s, which doesn't fit 'proper new unit' to me...

But Nighthaunt crossbows fits.

Guess we wait for Slaves and then new Cities humans?

no tree bugs are a AoS proper unit, 3s is GW min size for elite unit of cav and they are for Age of Sigmar the game.

underwarbands for the most part (maybe with the exception of Mollog) are not really consider as proper units in AoS often because their janky weapon load out, unit size, named hero being part of a small unit, and their warscroll and points being an afterthought sometime.

Warcry warbands also suffer from this problem though some time you get a sleeper utility unit like Untamed beast

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Zarbag from the first gitz warband was a madcap shaman.

Could be spiderfang or squig themed? Maybe with a new "skarsnik" or on foot webspinner shaman.

Guess thats true.

More Gitmob or something including snotlings would be great too.

Edited by Gitzdee

2 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

Okay, here comes another weekend. Let's see that Ogor book preorder!

Or at least Sunday preview announcement for pre-order the following Saturday (along with the new Maneaters after showing us the new minis next week?)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Just in time for Xmas! Hype! 

Cant wait to see what subfaction it will be. My guess is a new Madcap Shaman.

Hoping for anything with a Troggoth!!

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

s-l1600.jpg

I agree mate I want Gloomspite Wave 2 and not just an Underworlds Warband.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

MyBhUqsiumMMv005.jpg

I hope this is not another DoK warband because it would be silly to have more of the same thing, like another battletome for LrL and DoK or one more dual box with aelves vs (x) or... OKAY this is definitely another DoK Warband ! 😅

Edited by Sigmarusvult
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

I can understand your frustrations, but I pretty much feel the opposite. I've liked the "side games" a lot for a long time, and it's great to see the support they are getting. There is no reason why a couple of mass battle games should be the flagship product beyond them being more expensive and thus lucrative . I love that th whole catalogue is getting pretty even support.

I can see why that is annoying for everyone who is used to one game getting the lion's share, and play that game. I hope you get your army updates soon.

• Like 4