The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, novakai said:

It more like should have wait to see if they where truely broken or that they identify some of the specific problems. Doing it prematurely and with just a blanket approach can cause more problem then they solve. Example is that the change really ****** one league main ability and create weird interactions with ability that proc on wound rolls.

it also doesn’t feel good that your army got change because the competitive scene felt they where broken before the release even happen and games where played.

Normally I would agree but the concern for Votann united the 40k community in a way you don't see very often. I'm not going to say it was unanimous, but the majority opinion based on their points and mathing out interactions was pointing to them being heinously overperforming. The fact that they were op isn't really debatable. Its simply how OP they were that was the subject of debate.

And keep in mind this is coming off a tournament season where multiple armies were hitting 85% win rates and the game required a blanket hotfix to address it (armour of contempt). Most folks did not want that to happen again. Myself included. It absolutely kills RTT event attendance and makes the community toxic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Careful, lest we once again confuse wishes and hopes for rumours. I'd love to see FEC get a bigger release but I also remember FS and nothing much happened there at all. That said, FEC seem to be attract attention of a wider scale so perhaps GW could see more potential there.

On the other hand, sod it, FEC is going to return more glorious than ever. Hail to the King and Queen! Long may they reign over our fair and fertile lands! Onwards, brother/sister, to a brighter tomorrow!

I'm not basing it on wishes. We have several rumour engines that have a distinctly FEC vibe which have turned out not to be for Cursed city. At this point I will be very surprised if FEC don't get at least a warcry warband. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Any gossip about the book you've heard yet? Weighing up whether to sell off my stonehorn army I'm just finishing up, while they're perhaps still worth something. (And no, I didn't bother to magnetise the heads)

Just a general comment that all 3 books they have reviewed (Lumineths, Sons of Behemats and Ogor Mawtribes seem to have a good external balance, nothing on the internal balance.

Edited by KarrWolves
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm not basing it on wishes. We have several rumour engines that have a distinctly FEC vibe which have turned out not to be for Cursed city. At this point I will be very surprised if FEC don't get at least a warcry warband. 

I think we'll probably still get a soulblight second wave at some point. With new grave guard and perhaps also a vampire unit similar to the vykros blood born. So there's a chance the rumour engines could be those.

12 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I think we'll probably still get a soulblight second wave at some point. With new grave guard and perhaps also a vampire unit similar to the vykros blood born. So there's a chance the rumour engines could be those.

I think every army will invariably recieve a second wave. I feel like Soulblight will get patched up via the likes of Warcry and Underworlds for the time being though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think every army will invariably recieve a second wave. I feel like Soulblight will get patched up via the likes of Warcry and Underworlds for the time being though. 

I mean in this edition is probably too late for Fyreslayer, Deepkin and Ironjawz to get one at this point in time

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean in this edition is probably too late for Fyreslayer, Deepkin and Ironjawz to get one at this point in time

It’s been less than a year for FS and IDK, basically a year for IJ. This edition isn’t even half over with yet, from my understanding. I’d imagine there’s a good chance for any army to get some kind of update as we pass the halfway point and see some prep for actual end of edition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sahrial said:

It’s been less than a year for FS and IDK, basically a year for IJ. This edition isn’t even half over with yet, from my understanding. I’d imagine there’s a good chance for any army to get some kind of update as we pass the halfway point and see some prep for actual end of edition.

Historically once you get your tome your about done in terms of mainline releases (realmlords was sort of a special case)

most normal army just get one update per edition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KarrWolves said:

Just a general comment that all 3 books they have reviewed (Lumineths, Sons of Behemats and Ogor Mawtribes seem to have a good external balance, nothing on the internal balance.

Really? 

I had the feeling that some of the worst Lumineth units had a buff in their battletome (maybe not enough to be the next fotm, but that's not the point). 

I'm really curious about Ogors, because there is a rumor that their battletome is one with the most changes, and I'm happy for them. Of course they can turn to be bad in competitive play, but most of the time, they are made to make it more interesting and fun to play.

7 hours ago, novakai said:

Historically once you get your tome your about done in terms of mainline releases (realmlords was sort of a special case)

most normal army just get one update per edition

Ever since late second edition, what happens normally is that GW releases a model wave for an army, and then follows that up not too much later with a second wave and a book.

For instance Lumineth wave 1 and wave 2, then Slaanesh, Sylvaneth etc. Which is why I think we're due a second wave for soulblight and bonereapers. 

As much as I'd love a FEC release, I think they will likely stay in the fyreslayer doldrums for a while longer.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

Really? 

I had the feeling that some of the worst Lumineth units had a buff in their battletome (maybe not enough to be the next fotm, but that's not the point). 

I'm really curious about Ogors, because there is a rumor that their battletome is one with the most changes, and I'm happy for them. Of course they can turn to be bad in competitive play, but most of the time, they are made to make it more interesting and fun to play.

Sorry I just meant the reviewers have just mentioned that the external balance for the 3 books was good, but they haven't talked about the internal balance for the Ogors specifically (they have for the Lumineths and SoB in their book review, and it's pretty good, or at least better than it used to be).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Ever since late second edition, what happens normally is that GW releases a model wave for an army, and then follows that up not too much later with a second wave and a book.

For instance Lumineth wave 1 and wave 2, then Slaanesh, Sylvaneth etc. Which is why I think we're due a second wave for soulblight and bonereapers. 

As much as I'd love a FEC release, I think they will likely stay in the fyreslayer doldrums for a while longer.

i am not really talking about those army from my post, the army with already a 3rd edition battletome are not likely to get anything more until 4th. majority of army (LRL (and Slaanesh) is a specific case where they split the initial release into two seperate release with the same edition, Sylvaneath initial model release was back in 1st edition) follow this trend

OBR and Soul Blight don't have 3rd edition tomes so they still have chance of a wave of models because models are often tied by rule book launch. 

40K follow this trend to as Sister got their initial wave in 8th but only in 9th did they get their second wave. if Votann got a second wave, they wouldn't get them until 10th. but then there alway case like Harequins who never got a second wave.

34 minutes ago, novakai said:

OBR and Soul Blight don't have 3rd edition tomes so they still have chance of a wave of models because models are often tied by rule book launch. 

I'd love to see SoulBlight gain a second wave, where they offer the mounted WightKing singly, new graveguard, and new Black Knights kit. Oh and some sort of skeletal foot hero whether wight king or something completely new (a vampire skeleton would be nice ala the Underworlds kit)  Basically revamp the entire deathrattle sub faction. 

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I'd love to see SoulBlight gain a second wave, where they offer the mounted WightKing singly, new graveguard, and new Black Knights kit. Oh and some sort of skeletal foot hero whether wight king or something completely new (a vampire skeleton would be nice ala the warcry kit)  Basically revamp the entire deathrattle sub faction. 

If there is, my bet would be they flesh out Vykros dynasty as it seem that one was the most lacking compare to the other dynasty despite the focus it got with characters and cursed city.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

If there is, my bet would be they flesh out Vykros dynasty as it seem that one was the most lacking compare to the other dynasty despite the focus it got with characters and cursed city.

I think Legions of Blood needs the most attention. Vrykos got all the cursed city models, as well as the new dire wolves, bats and synergy with zombies. Legion of blood needs help, and its connection to deathrattle forces would allow a revamp of those models to revitalize an old favorite, and boost one of the weaker options in the army. 

But as a soul blight player, i'd be happy with anything new, Vrykos, Blood, Night or something entirely new. There's still those death-like rumor threads out there that look like flesh eater courts, or possibly vampires. I'm hoping for something death related. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I'd love to see SoulBlight gain a second wave, where they offer the mounted WightKing singly, new graveguard, and new Black Knights kit. Oh and some sort of skeletal foot hero whether wight king or something completely new (a vampire skeleton would be nice ala the Underworlds kit)  Basically revamp the entire deathrattle sub faction. 

In general: Yes please.

But the more I think about it the less excited I get. Since we all know it will look like this:

Future Wight King Profile:
W5, A3, Armor 3+
+Lame Command Ability and maybe MWs on a 6 to wound. - Very durable Elite Bodyguard, at least he should be

Future Vampire
W5, A3, Armor 3+
+Command ability to buff skeletons. - Undeath has its perks, at least that's the rumor on the wind

Future Human Captain
W5, A3, Armor 3+
+Great command ability and 2 MWs on a 6 to hit. - Apparently simply refusing the blood kiss is preferable stats- and point-wise

Next iteration will be called: Sole-Human Gravelords - The living rule the dead here.

Unless they finally make Vampire and Wight units actually feel like supernatural, powerful entities (instead of human-shaped-buff-wagons) I'll be excited.
However: This edition they mostly copy and paste Warscrolls and rules while adding the latest FAQ to the mix - so we all know it will stay the same (lame) way it currently is. 

Vampire Lord lazily waves his hand and mutters: "Send the tarpit-units in."
His Thrall asks, slightly confused: "But that's the entire army my lord?"
The Vampire Lord *cries in Nagash*

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1