The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Likely today wednesday , Thursday is heresy , Friday is Forge world preorder.

Hope to see at least a model rendering and some info on roadmap, please no more maps after almost three years ! 

Today would be good. (But do I need to get hopeful expectations/crushing disappointment memes ready?)

Ok. After looking at the rumour engines, I'm calling it now. Next year we are getting fairly sizable  updates, as in at least Sylvaneth sized,  for Seraphon and FEC. This year has been a bit of a dud minis wise to the extent that I've put my money into non gw minis for the first time in a long time. Next year, however, is looking a lot more promising even if it is a 40k new edition year. 

• Like 9

Just now, Chikout said:

Ok. After looking at the rumour engines, I'm calling it now. Next year we are getting fairly sizable  updates, as in at least Sylvaneth sized,  for Seraphon and FEC. This year has been a bit of a dud minis wise to the extent that I've put my money into non gw minis for the first time in a long time. Next year, however, is looking a lot more promising even if it is a 40k new edition year. 

Is the 40k new edition thing a fact?

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah, there are some possible FEC rumour engines that have been around since before the original Cursed City release. Plus the whole faction is, like, 5 kits. If they were to redo the basic ghouls and crypt guys, that could shake up the look of the faction a lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MiNibbler said:

Not a fact. But they are spread around by some of the most high level rumormongers in the entire warhammer community. Btw,  they can still miss the mark, but that's why they talk about rumors and not facts.

27 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I agree. Im also hoping for a range refresh for BOC in 2024 and a Gloomspite Wave 2 next year.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MiNibbler said:

40k 8th edition, AoS first and second edition, warcry 1st edition, Kill team, middle earth and Blood bowl were all 3 years. It's not completely set in stone that 10th edition is next year but it would be a major surprise if it wasn't. GW also just announced their new 40k campaign series which looks just like psychic awakening and Broken Realms. 

Personally I think they should move everything to a 4 year cycle but I don't see that happening any time soon. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

AoS Battlescroll day, please... that thing was supposedly coming soon two weeks ago, in the metawatch article on September 29.

Warcomm are now saying “later this month”.

That’s probably October 31st. More than 120 days since the last scroll when they are meant to be quarterly.

Also means that the next quarter will be less than 90 days. Does the next scroll have a short life span? Will there be one at all? Will we abandon the quarterly schedule and just push one out sometime between 80-120 days after the last one?

Answers on a postcard 

3DF96520-4E82-4504-ACDD-C35ECAFEF9C8.jpeg

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Warcomm are now saying “later this month”.

That’s probably October 31st. More than 120 days since the last scroll when they are meant to be quarterly.

Also means that the next quarter will be less than 90 days. Does the next scroll have a short life span? Will there be one at all? Will we abandon the quarterly schedule and just push one out sometime between 80-120 days after the last one?

Answers on a postcard 

3DF96520-4E82-4504-ACDD-C35ECAFEF9C8.jpeg

Personal feeling is that next "battlescroll" is just the end of the year points update. So the schedule would look like: GHB (summer) - battlescroll (autumn) - point updates (winter) - battlescroll (spring).

22 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Personal feeling is that next "battlescroll" is just the end of the year points update. So the schedule would look like: GHB (summer) - battlescroll (autumn) - point updates (winter) - battlescroll (spring).

I think the upcoming Battlescroll will be mainly points adjustments, but I believe they are now also giving themselves the option to adjust rules as well. So we might still see some tweaks. 

• Like 1

I mean we always hype about the battlesroll only to end up disappointed in the end. Even if they are aware of the problem historically they have not made any sweeping changes for underpowered army for them to really be fixed.

And some point you just need you new book

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, EntMan said:

For 40k Votann you needed the newer book before you even got the new book!

Yeah, though I do feel the votann nerf was both premature and heavy handed. Also I dislike that a handful German TO had such power to force that change before the actual release happen.

though my comparisons would be between Gitz and Imperial guard where at some point all the online update can’t really fix you and you need a total overhaul to play in the edition.

Well I for one was pretty disappointed with the Warcry Monday reveal, but at least we learned : 

• Chamelons Skinks are not "wild beasts" like Furies and Raptoryx but a true, new Warband (probably with a Kroxigor or Saurus looking at current Rumor engines). 
  • There will apparently be new Gnarlwood terrain in the box (and not a reprint of the - admittedly very nice - exact same terrain like Kill team got + an accessory sprue).

I still wish we got more news but I guess it'll come closer to the "End November" release slot... 

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

That wouldn't be unreasonable, but they announced a different schedule. And the last battlescroll was issued in June, along the GHB.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Yeah, though I do feel the votann nerf was both premature and heavy handed. Also I dislike that a handful German TO had such power to force that change before the actual release happen.

OT but I think that handful of German TOs were just using their standard approach "no FAQ no play" for a new Codex

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, there are some possible FEC rumour engines that have been around since before the original Cursed City release. Plus the whole faction is, like, 5 kits. If they were to redo the basic ghouls and crypt guys, that could shake up the look of the faction a lot.

I would hope that if they redo the faction, they concentrate on some additional units and not just remake the older sculpts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

OT but I think that handful of German TOs were just using their standard approach "no FAQ no play" for a new Codex

I don't play 40k (not since 1st!) so I'm not familiar with how the rules work. But I've been following the Votann chat on Bolter and Chainsword and it does seem pre nerf the Space Dwarves had rules which meant certain units could dish out tonnes of unblockable mortal wounds. The feeling seemed to be it was broken rather than just super over powdered.