The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

A NEW MODEL MONDAY FOR AOS?! WHAAAAAT?! WHAT COULD IT BE!?

Dawnbringers first look? Gloomspite Gitz?

Great ! Well I'll get the Gorechosen even if I don't play WHU (I try to get at least one warband each season to mark my support for the game, great creativity going there lately in terms of models). Looking forward to the new setting ! 

Re : Monday reveal. If the next Battletomes indeed are 1 new model each, then we know everything until Slaves to Darkness (which we also kinda know everything about) : DoT = Curseling, LRL = new mage, Mawtribes = new hunter, SoB : KING BRODD.

I guess we could see something more for MT or SoB (maybe from Warcry). Alternatively : another leaked unit for StD, or indeed something for Cities of Sigmar.

Slight hope for the latter, as people asked about WHQ Cursed Cities and CoS (and TOW) at NOVA and GW revealed soon after the Nightwar expansion. So we could very well get a small snippet of something for CoS...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

they said reveal and not models so it could just be formally revealing the LRL and Tzeentch battletome or revealing how the SOB and Mawtribe tomes cover looks like

SOB and Mawtribes covers are a good shout. Fingers crossed tightly for new Tome Covers.

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

Yeah, maybe there's a little too much excitement seeing the words "reveal" and "aos" side by side ^^.

Maybe also the next season of war chapter ?

This would be even better than a model for me personally!!

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

A NEW MODEL MONDAY FOR AOS?! WHAAAAAT?! WHAT COULD IT BE!?

Dawnbringers first look? Gloomspite Gitz?

I hope it's something exciting, but I expect them to just keep revealing Slaves to Darkness stuff we already know about. Sadly, that makes the most sense as a response to the leak, salvage all the marketing value you can...

• Sad 3

Was ther not a rumor of a spider like incarnet?

27 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Great ! Well I'll get the Gorechosen even if I don't play WHU (I try to get at least one warband each season to mark my support for the game, great creativity going there lately in terms of models). Looking forward to the new setting ! 

Re : Monday reveal. If the next Battletomes indeed are 1 new model each, then we know everything until Slaves to Darkness (which we also kinda know everything about) : DoT = Curseling, LRL = new mage, Mawtribes = new hunter, SoB : KING BRODD.

I guess we could see something more for MT or SoB (maybe from Warcry). Alternatively : another leaked unit for StD, or indeed something for Cities of Sigmar.

Slight hope for the latter, as people asked about WHQ Cursed Cities and CoS (and TOW) at NOVA and GW revealed soon after the Nightwar expansion. So we could very well get a small snippet of something for CoS...

Edited by Fellman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Ok! It is time to dream... MANEATERS

Oh man imagine we get new Maneaters for mainline AOS opening uo the chance for new Ogors in Warcry!! Win win!!

28 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Sorry, I had to hijack this thread for some real news. Someone created the coolest theme for the new army already.

image.png.1bd830a7bcdbe93ae9dacac2a3ed8d52.png

Awww man as a massive TMNT fan this is epic and so badly tempting!!

27 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Was ther not a rumor of a spider like incarnet?

There is!! Alongside Seasons of War Gallet!!

Ive had a thought about Seasons of War Gallet.

Nothing is confirmed right now but from lots of Like Reactions from our resident seer would have it seem the next Seasons of War will be set in Gallet.

Its appeared quite heavily recently in the Lore being full of tunnels and sweeping caverns to be used by the Dawnbringer Crusades to escape from the razor winds, tornadoes and other beasts lurking above.

Inside these caverns and tunnels are untold horrors of creepy crawlies and monsters. Imagine the Spider Pit from Peter Jacksons King Kong.

Alongside this book is heavily rumoured to be a 'spider-like' Incarnate.

What likes to live underground in tunnels and caverns and hangs out with arachnids? Gloomspite Gitz.

I believe the reason Gitz arent one of the next Destruction books is because they will be releasing alongside Seasons of War Gallet. 

Updated Spider Riders and Scuttleboss to go with the cavernous locale, maybe even a new Troggoth?!

Its Era of the Beast and perhaps Gitz will be getting their own time to Shine in Da Bad Moon as they take centre stage in this Narrative.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Nothing is confirmed right now but from lots of Like Reactions from our resident seer would have it seem the next Seasons of War will be set in Gallet.

Its appeared quite heavily recently in the Lore being full of tunnels and sweeping caverns to be used by the Dawnbringer Crusades to escape from the razor winds, tornadoes and other beasts lurking above.

Inside these caverns and tunnels are untold horrors of creepy crawlies and monsters. Imagine the Spider Pit from Peter Jacksons King Kong.

What likes to live underground in tunnels and caverns and hangs out with arachnids? Gloomspite Gitz.

I believe the reason Gitz arent one of the next Destruction books is because they will be releasing alongside Seasons of War Gallet. 

Updated Spider Riders and Scuttleboss to go with the cavernous locale, maybe even a new Troggoth?!

Its Era of the Beast and perhaps Gitz will be gettig their own time to Shine in Da Bad Moon as they take centre stage in this Narrative.

I hate to say it but this would be my worst nightmare. I mean literally my worst nightmare.  More realistic giant spiders is not something I want to have to endure.😧😧😧

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Its Era of the Beast and perhaps Gitz will be gettig their own time to Shine in Da Bad Moon as they take centre stage in this Narrative.

I am totally on board with this. I have a feeling Spiderfang is getting a redesign to avoid the native american discussion though. I would love for Gitz to take centre stage again. 

Gitz vs New CoS would be a great box.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I hate to say it but this would be my worst nightmare. I mean literally my worst nightmare.  More realistic giant spiders is not something I want to have to endure.😧😧😧

Trust me mate as an Aussie and an Arachnaphobe its a daily struggle I know.

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I am totally on board with this. I have a feeling Spiderfang is getting a redesign to avoid the native american discussion though. I would love for Gitz to take centre stage again. 

Gitz vs New CoS would be a great box.

An amazing box it would be. Though I think GW know the dire state of the Gitz Tome and know it needs to be released sooner rather than later.

I was expecting SOW Gallet at Nova and was surprised it didnt appear (Obviousily my attention was diverted at something Royal!!) I imagine it will release early next year alongside Gitz and we know that Dawnbringer/COS update wont be till late 2023/2024.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I was expecting SOW Gallet at Nova and was surprised it didnt appear (Obviousily my attention was diverted at something Royal!!) I imagine it will release early next year alongside Gitz and we know that Dawnbringer/COS update wont be till late 2023/2024.

Good point. Do u think Gitz will be a single release accompanying SoW Gallet? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Good point. Do u think Gitz will be a single release accompanying SoW Gallet? 

Realistically I unfortuantely think Gitz will be a single model release, which sucks as Mawtribes also apparently will be.

Though I think itll be a Scuttleboss Rider model update.

Then in Warcry we may get a Spider Rider Warband, whilst not AOS they will definitely be used as.

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Realistically I unfortuantely think Gitz will be a single model release, which sucks as Mawtribes also apparently will be.

Though I think itll be a Scuttleboss Rider model update.

Then in Warcry we may get a Spider Rider Warband, whilst not AOS they will definitely be used as.

I'm hoping for a new multi part kit for the Spider Riders that can be used in the same fashion as Squig Hoppers. 1x10 battleline unit or 2x5 elite. That would give the Spiderfang a little more variety. It could be a Warcry kit i guess but i hope it will be a Sylvaneth/ Nighthaunt sized release. A scuttleboss could be nice but i am still happy with the finecast one to be honest. I'd rather have a Troggoth to go along with them or a named Scuttleboss Webspinner shaman version instead of the basic boss type hero we already have.

• Like 1