The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Less than 11 hours to go! 

Finial predictions? 

• Khorne Underworlds.
  • Underworlds next season name reveal.
  • StD Chosen and that Varangard guy who's name I forget.
  • Reboxed Mega-Gargant with a new sprue which lets you make Brodd and/or new generic variant. Plus Battletome.
  • Ogor Mawtribes Battletome with Maneater Hero.
  • No-thrills reveal of the Lumineth/Tzeentch Battletomes or it's like FS/IDK and they get revealed on a Community article.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

There absolutely MUST be something for Sons of Behemat. Why else would GW pull everything SoB from the webstore (except the Tome and Mr Oversized Centaur)

Not "temporarily unavailable" but GONE!

A sacrifice to replace Squats now they're back.

Henceforth, Being Squatted shall instead be Being Garganted. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Tyrannids burst into the Mortal Realms. Nom up all the Gargants and take their rightful place as the new Destruction faction?

23 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

For KingBrodds sake, I hope we get another triple gargant kit. One where you can make a melee character, a caster character, and another generic giant. 

With halloween coming up, I'd love to see some of the Cursed City releases announced. 

Lastly, I like Slaves to Darkness to get something special for their winter release. That faction is inundated with mortal followers of chaos, especially with all the warcry warbands. I want a modern centerpiece model, like a re-imagined Chaos Warshrine, or perhaps a big beastie from Ghur that's been captured and enslaved. Kind of like a modern twist on the old chaos mammoth, but with a more fantastic monster in place of the elephant. 

I deeply appreciate this.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Unless it’s a plastic icebrow Hunter, sound like it a brand new hero character

It's very GW to update the finecast Hunter model with a different hero that doesn't replace the old one. Or maybe it's just an entirely new warscroll because the gear loadout has changed, the old Hunter had a club, javelins, and a crossbow and was kinda janky ruleswise because of it.

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

"the new ogor miniature" sounds very singular 😞

I'm not too worried about it. I don't think they'd squat the old Maneaters without a replacement, and the new Warcry book apparently references Ogor Butchers about 50 times. Could be that they're getting both of those as a Warcry band.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, madmac said:

It's very GW to update the finecast Hunter model with a different hero that doesn't replace the old one. Or maybe it's just an entirely new warscroll because the gear loadout has changed, the old Hunter had a club, javelins, and a crossbow and was kinda janky ruleswise because of it.

That probably what they will do, I think the reason they didn’t do the butcher is that there currently 2 version and load out for him and they are not ready to redesign the model. So I though it could have either been the icebrow or firebelly but a new hero was also on the table. 

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'm not too worried about it. I don't think they'd squat the old Maneaters without a replacement, and the new Warcry book apparently references Ogor Butchers about 50 times. Could be that they're getting both of those as a Warcry band.

if they are not update, I think it going the way of those random Drukari units where they are not squated but they are not available to be bought in the store due to range rotation

Edited by novakai

31 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

No description available.

Whoops, I think GW posted this a little too early.... the link doesnt work btw

New Ogor as well!! I wasnt expecting this!! Its like GW have heard my Prayers to GorkaMorka!! NEW GARGANT AND OGOR MODEL I AM SO HYPED RIGHT NOW MY LADZ ARE GETTING FED!!

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

"the new ogor miniature" sounds very singular 😞

I was only expecting the single mini update. Its unfortunate but remember we are always 100% confirmed getting new Maneaters for Warcry!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

You are very confident. I’m afraid it’s exactly as it sounds, a single new ogor mini alongside the new book as we’ve seen with plenty of other factions that are in need of an update. Ogors are definitely in competition with the Seraphon for the leat updated factions in AoS. 
Ogors and Skaven both have two underworlds warbands, Seraphon have one. They all have scenery but only skaven have endless spells. Ogors  and Skaven will have two new heroes while the  Seraphon only have one, the Seraphon one is big though. With the upcoming Warcry warband, Seraphon may fall out of contention for the least supported prize but we may yet see something Warcry related for Ogors and Skaven too. 

Regarding the preview show I stand by my previous prediction.

A new mini each for Ogors and Sons of behemat. Books will be separate but maybe not mentioned at all. 

New season of war book plus mini.

Maybe something for Slaves to Darkness but not a full reveal. 

Khorne underworlds warband and new underworlds starter set. Maybe a small tease for the new season with minis in silhouette. 

Leagues of Votann full reveal. World eaters new minis but not a full reveal.

Horus Heresy. I only care about the books and they just showed off the last book except that it isn’t the last book. 

• Like 1

So Ogors before Gloomspite eh?

Monkey’s paw curls on people who wanted to be impatient, it likely is just one hero figure then. Good for future Gloomspites, maybe we will see something big for them next year like the Grotbag Scuttlers as a sub-faction? (Could the squig hook be a Grot pirate’s arm?)

But lo! A Hunter means Beastclaw Tribes are still wintry kings!

So my Vanguard prediction is we’ll see an expansion on the Start collecting:

Stonehorn

Mournfang Pack 

Icebrow Hunter

Frost Sabres x 2

$200 worth of minis now with ambush options to support the big beasties and freeze everything in their path(and later be a quick proxy to the Bloodpelt Hunter).

And yeah, Bloodpelt Hunter does seem like someone who might employ Man-Eaters in Warcry’s upcoming “Bloodhunt” expansion…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd argue that we should call it being Buried, in honor of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! But that's just me.

41 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

No description available.

Whoops, I think GW posted this a little too early.... the link doesnt work btw

@KingBrodd and @Neverchosen! It looks like meats back on the menu boys! SING IT WITH ME NOW:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDiskn8XwCE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Mutton said:

We already had a new hunter model with the Underworlds warband. Of all the models that could be resculpted or reimagined, ogres didn't need this one. But I'm sure it'll look cool and I'll want it, because it's an ogre.

Shush, we'll get another Shadowstalkers unit if they hear you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

So Ogors before Gloomspite eh?

Monkey’s paw curls on people who wanted to be impatient, it likely is just one hero figure then. Good for future Gloomspites, maybe we will see something big for them next year like the Grotbag Scuttlers as a sub-faction? (Could the squig hook be a Grot pirate’s arm?)

But lo! A Hunter means Beastclaw Tribes are still wintry kings!

So my Vanguard prediction is we’ll see an expansion on the Start collecting:

Stonehorn

Mournfang Pack 

Icebrow Hunter

Frost Sabres x 2

$200 worth of minis now with ambush options to support the big beasties and freeze everything in their path(and later be a quick proxy to the Bloodpelt Hunter).

And yeah, Bloodpelt Hunter does seem like someone who might employ Man-Eaters in Warcry’s upcoming “Bloodhunt” expansion…

I assuming they don’t put resin models in any box (for obvious reason) so unless they get plastic update the icebrow and frost saber can’t be in the box, maybe the bloodpelt hunter is in it just like how the Eternal master for TSons was put in the combat patrol