The Rumour Thread

On 6/10/2022 at 2:29 PM, KingBrodd said:

Isnt there supposed to be another 2 Warbands for Underworlds?

If I recall correctly there where only 6 warband this season giving the card numbers and the roadmap just ended. 

it would have to be next season at this point in time and believe

6 hours ago, Mutton said:

I may be an idiot, sorry, but what does that actually mean? Isn't that basically what contrast is? Isn't the first coat you put on a model technically a "basecoat"? Is it just highly opaque paint?

Without the first layer of (special) paint (the basecoat) the other layers  of color won’t adhere to the Model. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

That's a lot of new stuff, that doesn't leave much that we know about in the pipeline does it? Just the upcoming but not soon Slaves to Darkness and warcry right?

And the 2 summer tomes chaos and order. Any hints of wath they might be?

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Without the first layer of (special) paint (the basecoat) the other layers  of color won’t adhere to the Model. 

Do you mean undercoat? As in what is normally sprayed/airbrushed/hand painted on and is normally black, white or grey? 

I can't see it being a paint that replaces that as an undercoat does more than provide adhesion, but also provides the basis of shadow and light. 

My wish for it is to be a range of highly pigmented, vivid and bright colours. I find its something that lacks in the citadel range. 

The brightest purples and reds from citadel I find to still be quite desaturated and I often use the pro acrylic range instead. 

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Cannot wait to see the other Destruction Factions Vanguard boxes. Wouldnt be surprised for the Sons of Behemat to be 2 Mancrushers!!

Isn’t that already a thing with the new kit being 2 Mancrushers at the vanguard price of $130?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Mancrusher-Gargants-2020

I’d imagine something like a Mega-Gargant + 1 Crusher so they can be used together as 2 units or also grab the 2 Mancrusher kit for the full 3 Gargant mob and mega-Gargant leader ready to go.

Edited by Baron Klatz

8 hours ago, novakai said:

If I recall correctly there where only 6 warband this season giving the card numbers and the roadmap just ended. 

Not true, there is still 8 warbands total split into 2 seasons per year.

Card numbers from Nethermaze have same numbers like Harrowdeep(starter +ogor+zombies). So there is still 2 warbands left for Nethermaze and we got rumour for Witch hunters and GW gave artwork with hunter and pets. Last is khorne warband if roumour is true.

• Like 2

I really don't like the direction GW took with faction dice. They used to be original. Leafs, waves, bones instead of dots. Were they harder to read? Sure but were a lot more fun. Now they just make one side of the dice different, with a faction symbol. I used to collect most of those "original" dice and have more than 10 Warhammer sets of them for multiple factions. Wish they returned to what they did in the past.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Not true, there is still 8 warbands total split into 2 seasons per year.

Card numbers from Nethermaze have same numbers like Harrowdeep(starter +ogor+zombies). So there is still 2 warbands left for Nethermaze and we got rumour for Witch hunters and GW gave artwork with hunter and pets. Last is khorne warband if roumour is true.

True !

I really hope last warband is Shadow daemons from ulgu instead of khorne.

Edited by cyrus
Spelling

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Isn’t that already a thing with the new kit being 2 Mancrushers at the vanguard price of $130?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Mancrusher-Gargants-2020

I’d imagine something like a Mega-Gargant + 1 Crusher so they can be used together as 2 units or also grab the 2 Mancrusher kit for the full 3 Gargant mob and mega-Gargant leader ready to go.

Of course, thanks mate I was exhausted yesterday when I made that post.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, novakai said:

No, Harrowdeep was season 1 and Nethermaze is season 2. Both seasons have 4 warbands and 1 deck (308 cards each season).

13 hours ago, Mutton said:

I may be an idiot, sorry, but what does that actually mean? Isn't that basically what contrast is? Isn't the first coat you put on a model technically a "basecoat"? Is it just highly opaque paint?

Before painting plastic models it's best to prime them using special paint that has a corrosive agent added, which causes the paint to adhere to the plastic better by making it more grippy. Regular paint in turn sticks better to this grippy primer. If you paint a plastic model with regular acrylic paint and no primer, the paint will rub off or peel over time.

People often refer to the layer of primer as the base coat, so if you use the term "base coat" this way, then it makes sense that GW could be working on special paint for it (coloured brush-on primer, essentially). But painting terminology is not unified, and some people call the first layer of primer the undercoat instead, and the first layer of paint on top of that the base coat.

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Besides STD and Swamp Nurgle Warcry Warband, is there anything left to be released for AOS or any boxed games that we know of?

We've got the two remaining Underworlds warbands of this season which are probably witch Hunters and Khorne. If gw holds to their schedule we should see another starter set before the end of the year. I seem to remember Lumineth being rumoured. 

30 minutes ago, Nos said:

These already exist.

Take a good metal paint and mix in contrast paint.

Voila. 

You can do that. You can also put the contrast on a metallic base. But, mind you, that is how you paint and not how you do the business on paints. If GW can deliver quality armour paints (i.e. colourful metallics) they will have another success. 

3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

You can do that. You can also put the contrast on a metallic base. But, mind you, that is how you paint and not how you do the business on paints. If GW can deliver quality armour paints (i.e. colourful metallics) they will have another success. 

I would buy this to be honest. Could use some coloured armour paints but hope they dont make them very glittery, it would look like pixie dust XD.

26 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Oh absolutely 

Vastly superior paint lines and tools already exist (for cheaper than GW's inferior stuff) but GW have a ready made audience to sell existing products at a mark up. I'm frankly a bit baffled as to why they've been so slow to do so if anything.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1