The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

Or GW are repackaging them with new box art. Don't forget any change to a product pings the store to replace the "old" with a new code and thus models are removed and added. 

It is one of those kits that GW could do with multipart plastic and replace a chunk of finecast very fast with a single kit. Plus a Maneater kit with enough optional parts would sell really well for Ogre fans. 

None of the previous resin models were repacked.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

Or GW are repackaging them with new box art. Don't forget any change to a product pings the store to replace the "old" with a new code and thus models are removed and added. 

It is one of those kits that GW could do with multipart plastic and replace a chunk of finecast very fast with a single kit. Plus a Maneater kit with enough optional parts would sell really well for Ogre fans. 

Do finecast kits even come in boxes with art anymore? Or are they just white boxes with a sticker. Been a while since I bought any. I don’t think they get repackaged the way plastic kits do though. 

2 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Looks like the entire 40k preview is being leaked on the 40k subreddit.

Urgh! Leaks are fun but as it’s preview day I was hoping nothing gets spoilt! I was going to watch later along with Moon Knight. Best keep off social media from now then

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Urgh! Leaks are fun but as it’s preview day I was hoping nothing gets spoilt! I was going to watch later along with Moon Knight. Best keep off social media from now then

Horus kills the emperor! 

Skaven blow up the moon! 

Morathi gets away with it! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.PNG.49cfd40a673472a0b875ff12948e100e.PNG

Only two Maneaters are still available at UK/EU warehouse. I think it is possible we see the new kit next Friday.

WHATS HAPPENING NEXT FRIDAY!? 

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly a multi part plastic kit for Maneaters would do absolute wonders for Mawtribes. Its an absolute knockout idea that would sell gangbusters.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

You know Moon Knight and he's a warhammer fan?! How did he feel about the tomb kings being squatted?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All the "leak" I could find was a picture of part of one model, which has peaked my excitement and actually made me more likely to watch the official reveal video later.

(I'll be out but presume warcom will have the option to watch later?)

Edited by EntMan

• Subscriber

The 40k day is the one I'm least invested in, but I can't deny I'm interested to see what they're going to do with Squats. Plus any daemon things that can repurposed to become Gal Vorbak would be welcome. 

If I can get Twitch to work on my TV, I'll have it on the big screen after work. If only they streamed it on Youtube as well as Twitch, it'd be much easier. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Still looks goofy but now I see it looks like a broken trash can on his head. This guy's about as threatening as tazer face from guardians 2. 

There are more heads included. At least one without a helmet and four god specific ones (one each). The fact there's an option to use one without wings for additional utility is neat too as I do not see it primarily as a beatstick model.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

WHATS HAPPENING NEXT FRIDAY!? 

Honestly a multi part plastic kit for Maneaters would do absolute wonders for Mawtribes. Its an absolute knockout idea that would sell gangbusters.

Warcry. I think we are wrong thinking that Legionaires is the other warband.:)

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Is that a daemon prince or a possessed? It's hard to tell without scale.

Hm, might be. The armour on closer inspection does look different.

Edit: Could be different armour plates or shoulder pads though + it is supposed to include non-wing options.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Guy posted a helmetless model on reddit and mentioned there would be more god specific ones included.

494537013_Screenshot2022-05-04at16_49_04.png.ef1e2187f053bfc5b938be4aa72190e3.png

I saw that on my Facebook group, thanks for the picture though! I'm saving my "likes" and what not for later today, otherwise I'd like your post.

10 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

It looks different enough from the AoS prince that they could be different kits. To have all of the options for both 40 and AoS, the daemon prince would have to be a huge kit? 

They could share the same sprue as corrupted power armour shoulders/back pack + the alternative front plates (and the various heads). At least in my mind that seem like an efficient way to save space while also adding options for AoS and 40k.