The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Garrac said:

If someone is wondering why this configuration for the battlebox: is just all the Eshin units. A deathmaster, the runners, and the Eshin Verminlord I presume

Verminlord Deceiver - Multiverso: War

Btw don't you notice there's something missing? We haven't had the Rumour Engine! (yet) 

Uh?

Gutter runners are not there, and they're metal. Not the it's the first time gw has passed a metal model up 

6 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Gutter runners are not there, and they're metal. Not the it's the first time gw has passed a metal model up 

I think that, having in mind that GW loves multi-kits, it wouldn't be surprising if the box turns out to let you build them as gutter o night.

I mean, well, it's literally what all skaven players have been doing for 20 years: using models with capes from the night runners box to use them as gutter runners. I think GW workers themselves have done that on a pair of battle reports. I haven't seen the original gutter runners in years

(and let's remember that nowadays they're discontinued on GW's shop. And I don't think GW will stop producing them having in mind that Eshin only has literally two units)

I expect something like the boingrot/riders box, ideally. I hope

Edited by Garrac

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

(and let's remember that nowadays they're discontinued on GW's shop. And I don't think GW will stop producing them having in mind that Eshin only has literally two units)

no they aren't, they're still available in the us shop at least 

48 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

no they aren't, they're still available in the us shop at least 

Um, yes, they are. And at the spanish shop. 

But then, if they're being discontinued, GW would have put them out of order, like Underworlds warbands or the Mutilator (that has disappeared from CSM codex according to the leaks)

39 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Um, yes, they are. And at the spanish shop. 

But then, if they're being discontinued, GW would have put them out of order, like Underworlds warbands or the Mutilator (that has disappeared from CSM codex according to the leaks)

What exactly do you mean by discontinued? I don't really understand what you're saying anymore

11 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

What exactly do you mean by discontinued? I don't really understand what you're saying anymore

Quiting them from the shop. Like what has happened with CSM's mutilators, now (in theory) taken out from the codex, as an example of GW's strategy of discontinuing products

11 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Someone on reddit altered the image of the DP and with a less busy paint job it is already looking a lot better.

16154233_Screenshot2022-05-03at12_55_48.png.839714dda90fe79e6f9657783aa45afb.png

Still looks goofy but now I see it looks like a broken trash can on his head. This guy's about as threatening as tazer face from guardians 2. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

My unrealistic but still grounded hopes for Warhammer Fest:

40K: Chaos Space Marine full reveal. Major Squat preview featuring an example of their vehicles and tech. World Eater hint! I want Empreror's Children more but hints indicate Khorne Flakes for Breakfast and Rock and Roll for dessert.

Kill Team: New Boxset featuring something more creative like the rogue trader set. Actually a direct sequel with Elucia Vhane’s crew fighting Exodites on some far flung world would be really awesome.

Warcry: New Box featuring Horns of Hashut and Chaos legionaries with the Centurion marshal as an additional hero for some sort of new hero based scenarios. I also want this set to come with a cool ziggurat terrain piece. Also the promise of more Chaos to come! 

AOS: Sylvanth and Skaven: I am hoping and expecting a dual box with an emphasis on Spites and Eshin. Ideally I would want Kurnothi and a massive skaven range refresh but I am trying to keep realistic expectations. A reveal for the rest of the tomes between now and S2D listed and some hints as to which will get more attention in terms of releases. I am extremely hopeful but skeptical that this will include Beasts of Chaos, Ogors and Seraphon with major model releases. Obligatory same day reveal of Malerion and his trusty crew of Silent Chaos Dwarf Vampirates!

Horus Heresy: I think they will just showcase the boxset, but I hope they indicate some more of the cross over between 30k and 40k. Custodes, Sisters of Silence, heck this might be a cool way to introduce some new Imperial guard! In essence just enough info to believe that this game will not be Space Marines the game.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Didnt the skaven also recently thwart Nagash, presumably for old times sake? :D

Eshin box would be awesome, just hoping its new Night runners...

I just hope, they aren’t just putting out a dual box with the already existing night runners.

that would be a boxset I wouldn’t buy.

presuming, eshin will be the next gene foe in the dual box, they might have to redo almost every unit, if they follow their own policy of only including good looking plastic miniature in their dual boxes

Edited by Skreech Verminking

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.PNG.49cfd40a673472a0b875ff12948e100e.PNG

Only two Maneaters are still available at UK/EU warehouse. I think it is possible we see the new kit next Friday.

I still insist that Warcry is the best avenue to release Maneaters, make 3 boxes of 3 Ogors based on the different realms and the Eightpoints. Give them unique rules in warcry and a shared warscroll for aos. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Or GW are repackaging them with new box art. Don't forget any change to a product pings the store to replace the "old" with a new code and thus models are removed and added. 

It is one of those kits that GW could do with multipart plastic and replace a chunk of finecast very fast with a single kit. Plus a Maneater kit with enough optional parts would sell really well for Ogre fans. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1