The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m so hyped for Adepticon this year! I turn 20 next Tuesday, so I’ll just count these reveals as an unintentional gift from GW.

Good to know us oldheads aren't the only ones still using forums!!! Hopefully Adepticon reveals don't disappoint your birthday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

OZT8cm6XIEgE29IX.jpg.a1eeb719f1226acb9a6f545f46f2379e.jpg

Welcome back, Attilan Rough Riders!!

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

That is the most hilariously 40k thing I have ever heard... thanks for the info and I am glad to have finally gotten a 40k prediction seemingly correct. 😄

You are both wrong.

Any fool can see that it's a chaos dwarf grenade pike.

You can upgrade them to be a bound daemon infernal grenade pike.

I mean really... 

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m officially in charge of all the clans, although clan eshin has been doing their own thing lately.

I fear-fear they are looking for the grim blade, slayer of Nagash

Speaking as a representative of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! I do not see how that is a bad thing. Now then, here's hoping Skaven get an update, some new mortals (Skyre and Eshin), and daemons (Since he's now a major god and all).

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

You are both wrong.

Any fool can see that it's a chaos dwarf grenade pike.

You can upgrade them to be a bound daemon infernal grenade pike.

I mean really... 

34012554_Rumourengine.jpg.182dadef01a08c79ac3574e96e85a76f.jpg
You know what upon revisiting the image if I squint a little and rotate it slightly then I can just make out what looks like an amazing hat... I think you might be onto something. 

It must be hard for 40k players, we keep getting all these great rumour engines and they are stuck with nothing. 

• Haha 21

50 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

34012554_Rumourengine.jpg.182dadef01a08c79ac3574e96e85a76f.jpg
You know what upon revisiting the image if I squint a little and rotate it slightly then I can just make out what looks like an amazing hat... I think you might be onto something. 

It must be hard for 40k players, we keep getting all these great rumour engines and they are stuck with nothing. 

@Neverchosen, you win today sir, you win.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/16/an-important-note-on-russia-and-ukraine/

Not a Rumour but quite important in light of global events. GW's stance on Russia.

A bit late, but still good. Sad for all the Russian people who suffer because of their 'leader' and his decisions, but with every sanction and stance we might be getting closer to the end of this craziness.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/16/an-important-note-on-russia-and-ukraine/

Not a Rumour but quite important in light of global events. GW's stance on Russia.

UK announced a couple of days ago that it's sanctions on Russia would include luxury goods, so it's probably a decision motivated more by the bean counters than anything else. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

One week till Adepticon!! Hedge your bets on what we may see unveiled!!

Chaos Dwarfs!  OK, I'm being hopeful there 😂  Could see confirmation of the next GHb with a bit more on the upcoming battletomes and associated armies.  More combat patrol style boxes would be on my "highly likely" list.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

One week till Adepticon!! Hedge your bets on what we may see unveiled!!

Limiting myself to models here, but I am going to guess:

• Underworlds zombie warband
  • First Cursed City expansion
  • Something out of left field for main-line AoS?

I don't know what AoS proper could get, to be honest. We know the contents of the DoK vs. Nighthaunt box already. It is possible that there are more new Nighthaunt and DoK models coming though. In the case of Nighthaunt we have a bunch of rumour engines that could be pointing that way, and in the case of DoK it would help justify their new book a bit more.

• Like 4

The Underworlds Frankenstein warband seems a given.

I don't think we'll see a Cursed City expansion yet because the full re-release isn't until the end of the year, right?

There was some theorising that Nighthaunt were using recycled art because it would spoil a new model reveal, but after Fyreslayers ended up 100% using a recycled cover that seems far less likely now. Still, Adepticon would be the place to reveal it if that were true.

Maybe another pair of War Cry warbands...? Although Red Harvest wasn't that long ago.

All I can really think of is them announcing a Wrath of the Everchosen/Vigilus-esq splatbook which will contain rules for a few models which won't be getting Battletomes in the immediate future.

A whole new army (Chorfs WYA???) seems unlikely when Horus Heresy is presumably going to take up a lot of the momentum until the second half of 2022.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't think we'll see a Cursed City expansion yet because the full re-release isn't until the end of the year, right?

I was considering that, but my reasoning is that they might have done the made-to-order run even though a full rerelease is planned for later so that they can start pushing out the explansions earlier. You know, pre-empt "You can't even buy the game but there are already expansions out" types of comments.

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was considering that, but my reasoning is that they might have done the made-to-order run even though a full rerelease is planned for later so that they can start pushing out the explansions earlier. You know, pre-empt "You can't even buy the game but there are already expansions out" types of comments.

I think they where nodding to the fact that the expansion won’t happen until the game is officially rereleased