The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

Fomo boxes and disappointment is what await us. Unless there really is more Nighthaunt left unreveal

I doubt they will reveal stuff past summer anyway since Autumn release are usually reserve for NOVA in September. adepticon is for whatever in the next three months (Necromunda Ash waste for example)

Hopefully not disappointment. I honestly believe we will see a bit more for Age of Sigmar!

However I’m sort of expecting (and hoping… sorry) to hear a lot more about Horus Heresy as it will be my old man historical game 🤣

I think Ash Wastes will be later this year and we won’t hear much about it now.

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/07/find-out-why-nagash-is-absolutely-furious-yet-again-in-arena-of-shades/

Lore article about Arena of Shades box and will be up for preorder very soon

Cool! This could be in the next few weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw it up for Preorder next week so it would be on sale at Adepticon.

• LOVE IT! 1

One would hope but given how 40K still has Tyranids, CSM, chaos Knights, and now a Imperial Guard refresh in the rumor mill, one wonder how they fit AoS stuff in the next three months outside of battleboxes and tomes. That also not taken into account the leaked Horus heresy box

Daughters of Khaine and Nighthaunt are aesthetically my two favourite armies in AOS... this is going to be a horribly tempting box for me. I have held off of both factions so far lets hope I can stay strong going forward. Malerion/Morathi soup would absolutely break my will power so lets hope for my sake that doesn't come about 😓

I do wonder if we are going to see more for nighthaunt it could even tie into cursed city.

Edited by Neverchosen

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

Arena beastie when (probably not anytime soon) 

FAEC2476-56C1-422C-B378-204B5597929C.jpeg.82bc75bf3045da1491e891b0c7326a4d.jpeg

(that croc looks quite similar to the necromunda sumpcroc lol)

Please GW, please give us some crocodiles/alligators for the Mortal Realms!!! I swear to god I would buy at least three kits of them if you did.

38 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

TPVY7hOyf6753BAm.jpg

Wouldnt mind if this is the new battletome cover art.

I’m really starting to love the “gothic bone armor” thing the Ossiarch Bonereapers introduced. It gives the entire range a bit more of a macabre feeling to it, though I’m still wishing for some nehekharan influences as well.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

Daughters of Khaine and Nighthaunt are aesthetically my two favourite armies in AOS... this is going to be a horribly tempting box for me. I have held off of both factions so far lets hope I can stay strong going forward. Malerion/Morathi soup would absolutely break my will power so lets hope for my sake that doesn't come about 😓

I do wonder if we are going to see more for nighthaunt it could even tie into cursed city.

I too want some new ghosts to play with @Neverchosen, especially since those crossbow bois are the first proper ranged unit in the entire Grand Alliance (catapults and dragons don’t count) since the Tomb Kings were squatted. Let’s just wait until after Adepticon and all the sweet reveals to see if it’s worth it.

• LOVE IT! 1

With the Battletome roadmap out and the big reveal for Adepticon almost certainly being the new edition of Horus Heresy, I would not get my hopes up for anything major when it comes to AoS unless you count the new Underworld warband. 

With the Fyreslayer Battletome using recycled art, I think it's fair to assume the Nighthaunt cover is similarly just reused and not because a new model would be 'spoilt' on it. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

Interesting to see the next dual box on the horizon so quickly, perhaps suggesting the DoK/nighthaunt tomes are an early summer release rather than waiting till the very end like idk/fyreslayers?  Maybe they want the summer slot mostly free for bigger 40k/Heresy releases?  Though trying to guess at the release schedule right now is like trying to read tea leaves, so I dunno!

2 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Interesting to see the next dual box on the horizon so quickly, perhaps suggesting the DoK/nighthaunt tomes are an early summer release rather than waiting till the very end like idk/fyreslayers?  Maybe they want the summer slot mostly free for bigger 40k/Heresy releases?  Though trying to guess at the release schedule right now is like trying to read tea leaves, so I dunno!

They are suppose to be release sometime in the spring according to the roadmap, summer is whatever the two mystery order and chaos tome are going to be, how big those summer release are is a mystery.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

However I’m sort of expecting (and hoping… sorry) to hear a lot more about Horus Heresy as it will be my old man historical game

That's exactly what I'm waiting for.

I only play KOs and Kruleboyz, and appart from a few exclusive miniatures (let me buy that Orruks /sadface), it seems that I'm not going to spend a lot this year...

3 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy a minimum of 10 stoneguard, 10 wardens, and 10 sentinels, the lumineth warcry box is actually a great deal.

Already got my Lumineth army, but I bought the warcry box for Kruleboyz since it was everything I needed at a "discount". Bought also the vampire hero.

No more models for me. Waiting until it gets warmer outside so that I can start painting again! (Need to prime the models).

I also managed to stay away from cursed city.

Anyone know if the tome celestials will get released as pdf/digital updates? I could totally pay for it, but I don't feel that I need the rest of the white dwarf.

It seems unlikely that khornflakes will get updated this summer given that they got the white dwarf update.. I guess the skaven hint by whitefang is the most likely candidate?

PS. Are there rumors for a Tyranid refresh? Seems to me like the will just get a new tome?

Edited by Howdyhedberg

1 hour ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy a minimum of 10 stoneguard, 10 wardens, and 10 sentinels, the lumineth warcry box is actually a great deal.

He wanted hammer elves and swordmasters not a box containing 2/3rds of models he wasn't looking for. He's effectively paying 50% more for the models he wanted while getting a bunch of stuff wasn't going to buy. That is not a good deal. That's called being had by a salesman.

I know you just wanted to help but it is boxes like this which contribute to our "piles of shame" since they trick people into buying stuff they never wanted in the first place while making it seem like an excellent deal. Not to mention it ropes him in to buy those expensive swordy boi later which means he'll pay even more in the end. Because that cost doesn't go away.

Point is, if you are paying more and buying more than you intended you're not saving money. Kinda like how GW got tons of people to buy more models than intended (if they intended to buy anything at all) when announcing their price increase.  A price increase they probably were going to do regardless. I am sure many a hobbyists piles got larger with a very low chance of ever being assembled.

The saddest part of all this is I am hearing a lot of people leaving the hobby now... Often to the tune of "good riddance", "it is a luxury and you don't deserve it", or variations thereof. I'm not painting the entire community with this brush though, not even close, but I haven't seen this much toxic stuff coming from fellow hobbyists before.

I'm not 100% but I think I'm done with GW. The decision is somewhat brought on by friends who were on the fence noped out completely now. Admittedly, I was probably half-way on my way out anyway but after having measured the new prices and the reactions it nudged me the rest of the way.

Happy hobbying, you all.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

He wanted hammer elves and swordmasters not a box containing 2/3rds of models he wasn't looking for. He's effectively paying 50% more for the models he wanted while getting a bunch of stuff wasn't going to buy. That is not a good deal. That's called being had by a salesman.

I know you just wanted to help but it is boxes like this which contribute to our "piles of shame" since they trick people into buying stuff they never wanted in the first place while making it seem like an excellent deal. Not to mention it ropes him in to buy those expensive swordy boi later which means he'll pay even more in the end. Because that cost doesn't go away.

Point is, if you are paying more and buying more than you intended you're not saving money. Kinda like how GW got tons of people to buy more models than intended (if they intended to buy anything at all) when announcing their price increase.  A price increase they probably were going to do regardless. I am sure many a hobbyists piles got larger with a very low chance of ever being assembled.

The saddest part of all this is I am hearing a lot of people leaving the hobby now... Often to the tune of "good riddance", "it is a luxury and you don't deserve it", or variations thereof. I'm not painting the entire community with this brush though, not even close, but I haven't seen this much toxic stuff coming from fellow hobbyists before.

I'm not 100% but I think I'm done with GW. The decision is somewhat brought on by friends who were on the fence noped out completely now. Admittedly, I was probably half-way on my way out anyway but after having measured the new prices and the reactions it nudged me the rest of the way.

Happy hobbying, you all.

I know this is your opinion and thats fine but i dont agree with it at all. 

I will never buy minis or boxed sets if i dont want all the minis included. It is a choice. GW doesnt force u to buy these boxes in any way. Warcry boxes are meant for people who play Warcry. They dont need full units, they just need a bit of everything to get started. Dont buy Warcry thats not what u aim to play. 

People are allowed to do their own research before buying something. If its not what u are looking for u are allowed not to buy things. GW is a company trying to sell their stuff. Ofcourse they are trying to make deals look good. They wont ever tell u that a deal is trash XD.

Everything is getting more expensive and so are some minis. Cant expect them to stay the same price if the economy is really bad. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Already got my Lumineth army, but I bought the warcry box for Kruleboyz since it was everything I needed at a "discount". Bought also the vampire hero.

No more models for me. Waiting until it gets warmer outside so that I can start painting again! (Need to prime the models).

I also managed to stay away from cursed city.

Anyone know if the tome celestials will get released as pdf/digital updates? I could totally pay for it, but I don't feel that I need the rest of the white dwarf.

It seems unlikely that khornflakes will get updated this summer. I guess the skaven hint by whitefang is the most likely candidate?

PS. Are there rumors for a Tyranid refresh? Seems to me like the will just get a new tome?

Khorne is getting WD update

Edited by Aleser

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Please GW, please give us some crocodiles/alligators for the Mortal Realms!!! I swear to god I would buy at least three kits of them if you did.

someone asking for plastic krossigors?? yes plsss

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Doko said:

So as allways 40k is getting without problems the combat patroll now of tyranids but meanwhile nothing about the vanguard box of sc,orks,fyreslayers or idoneths

Can we talk about Lumineth and Ossiarch not getting a Start Collecting in the first place 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m really starting to love the “gothic bone armor” thing the Ossiarch Bonereapers introduced. It gives the entire range a bit more of a macabre feeling to it, though I’m still wishing for some nehekharan influences as well.

8 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

someone asking for plastic krossigors?? yes plsss

Give me massive Crocodillians GW. My Ogors need mounts!!

4 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I know this is your opinion and thats fine but i dont agree with it at all. 

I will never buy minis or boxed sets if i dont want all the minis included. It is a choice. GW doesnt force u to buy these boxes in any way. Warcry boxes are meant for people who play Warcry. They dont need full units, they just need a bit of everything to get started. Dont buy Warcry thats not what u aim to play. 

People are allowed to do their own research before buying something. If its not what u are looking for u are allowed not to buy things. GW is a company trying to sell their stuff. Ofcourse they are trying to make deals look good. They wont ever tell u that a deal is trash XD.

Everything is getting more expensive and so are some minis. Cant expect them to stay the same price if the economy is really bad. 

I really didn't consider what you would do when replying to someone else.

The person I replied to suggested to buy a warcry box because it was good value for AoS. The rest of it isn't an opinion as much as it is sales tactics, used by retail and e-commerce alike to inflate perceived value. I also do not see how me encouraging people to make more informed decisions means I'm disallowing them doing more research on making better purchases. Yes, GW is a company and they want to sell stuff. Does that mean we should just applaud them and buy anything without critical thought? I'm getting mixed messages here.

8 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

I really didn't consider what you would do when replying to someone else.

The person I replied to suggested to buy a warcry box because it was good value for AoS. The rest of it isn't an opinion as much as it is sales tactics, used by retail and e-commerce alike to inflate perceived value. I also do not see how me encouraging people to make more informed decisions means I'm disallowing them doing more research on making better purchases. Yes, GW is a company and they want to sell stuff. Does that mean we should just applaud them and buy anything without critical thought? I'm getting mixed messages here.

I cant see GW doing anything wrong. They just use sales tactics like any other company would.