The Rumour Thread

They really needed to end on something other than the two bad reveals.

The Corsair model for Kill Team was inferior to the art, to the point that they just put the art up for a bit instead of looking at the model any longer. And the Necromunda reveal was a lot of watching shoddy 'animation' (great little comic, but I think the 'animation' actually took away from it) for a PNG logo and the hosts saying "Ash Wastes are coming soon(TM)"

The rest of the preview was actually pretty solid, 3 new units for AoS, like 4+ new things for Eldar and a cool multi-game Bloodthirster. They just backloaded the worst reveals and let that be everyone's last impression.

We have cleared out literally anything even teased now though, so hopefully there's something planned after this battlebox releases, or we're sitting high and dry.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

We saw a Khaderon ship in the hype shillouettes earlier in the week. Why? Maybe something was pulled …

6 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Nope. Nothing, zilch. Most curious as to why they chose a Kharadron ship as a silhouette for their countdown of days.  

People already pointed out they use the Kharadron ironclad ships as a fancy travel logo. It started with Hammerhal Herald “joke” and then they kept using it for deliveries and Christmas stuff.

image.jpeg.75f59d592b04ee5e0dde2ea45027222b.jpeg

It was likely their way of saying safe travels to Vegas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some nice minis but I think it might be a new low for Warhammer previews. Not a single book announcement for any system. I'm pretty sure that's a first.  The new box set is nice especially the new unit for Nighthaunt, but it feels like the IDK and Fyreslayers players have already been forgotten. 

The Corsair mini is cool but why show off just one? 

The new Khorne demon is cool but I'm not a fan of resin and they should have sold it as a model for every system. 

I'm intrigued by ash wastes but no real info is annoying. 

I still don't really have any idea what the next three months of this hobby is going to look like. 

2 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I'd like to point out that despite the reveal od two new units for Nighthaunt, these rumour engines reamin unsolved, leading me to believe *snorts copium/warpstone* that our beloved spooky ghosts are going to receive more with their battletome (or a Cursed City expansion)

FJJ0R5S0dzpFS1iJ.jpg

4nBFRKTb69w1Ntir.jpg

Ulfenkarn is a Death port city(thus the Kosargi zombie Ogors being sea raiders). It would make sense for the Duke to call in a NightHaunt fleet for a favor since the “have the city pulled into the Nadir” plan fell short.

• Like 1

Well, that was unexpexted. And disappointing. The new Gladiatrix looks kind of cool, the Nighthaunt stuff just as well. But what's next? Where are we going? It's just again some new minis for armies that don't really need them. 

Let's hope they don't use the box to give DOK the Fyreslayers treatment and nerf Witch Aelves to the ground...

On a side note: Yelena is very ... covered, considering that Witch Aelves are supposed to enjoy blood hitting their skin. Is this the beginning of a new aesthetic direction for DOK?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

Does this kill all rumours for malerion aelfs any time soon or did me have any more rumours?

The most optimistic rumour said Malerion in Summer. Warhammer previews usually cover up to three months of releases so I would never have expected to see anything here. The total lack of book news does suggest that there will be a fee delays though. If they originally planned for Malerion in Summer, I could see the release being pushed quite a way back. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I'd like to point out that despite the reveal od two new units for Nighthaunt, these rumour engines reamin unsolved, leading me to believe *snorts copium/warpstone* that our beloved spooky ghosts are going to receive more with their battletome (or a Cursed City expansion)

FJJ0R5S0dzpFS1iJ.jpg

4nBFRKTb69w1Ntir.jpg

Regarding the last picture showing the front of what should be a ship, it seems more "boney" than what Nighthaunt usually are.

Could it be related to OBR?

I’m still calling Malerion for 4th edition Order vs Order, Stormcast Angel/Prosecutor revamp vs devil shadowkin. :D 

9 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

On a side note: Yelena is very ... covered, considering that Witch Aelves are supposed to enjoy blood hitting their skin. Is this the beginning of a new aesthetic direction for DOK?

I wouldn’t mind. I really like the heavier direction on golden face-masks too for both their infantry and Melusai. Nice blend of their decadence and a mirror to the Stormcast with Morathi-Khaine being the darker side of Order. (Also goes with one of my favorite minor Stormhosts the Thunder Barons who get along really well with the Daughters of Khaine so the idea of both marching/flying/slithering out in golden masks is a really cool image :) )

As a Nighthaunt player im happy with new models. But i cant help feel like almost every other army needed a unit and hero more than Nighthaunt does. Already have a bunch of heros sitting on the shelf and already had plenty of unit chooses imho. We just needed a tome really (or a monster). I hope the new ranged unit is any good. They do look good next to the other Nighthaunt stuff.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 4

I was expecting them to release the DoK and nighthaunt heroes. So not dissapointed at all, that's a really nice box which could be the next thing I get. 

No tomr covers is surprising, but I've been expecting the worldwide  disasters of the last couple of years to have an effect on the schedule further down the line. I guess this is it.

Wow ****** me for playing Idoneth right. Toss me a FOMO hero and weird unit update then don't announce my book. Optimist me says it's because we're getting something more than just a book. Realist me says it's because GW hate my army.

Also poor DoK players, two FOMO boxes in little over a year. The new character is cool though, I wonder if she has Idoneth armour in lore that she got from fighting them / with them. The paint scheme is the same as the GW Idoneth armour and doesn't match the normal colours for DoK.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The new Khorne demon is cool but I'm not a fan of resin and they should have sold it as a model for every system. 

Did they mention it is just for heresy? Cause in the article on WarCom they say the guy is also around in 40k and AoS.

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Waking up at 6 was most definitely worth it just to see this beaut revealed. Detailed Forgeworld monster are very much my hobby passion (The wife still asleep and the dog doesn’t understand my frantic joy).

On the flip side, these Battle boxes are killing the hobby for me. I honestly zone out when I see one now no matter how cool the characters. 

2A803777-20E9-4339-A1B8-32DBC445F46B.png

A1F161FD-09E1-4700-B84C-839D27B97EBA.png

9A9E9CED-065F-4F6D-952B-AECA78D14647.png

this is the stupidest wing pose I have ever seen, so much so that I used my pro image edit skills to FIX this monstrosity:

image.png.29ee71de41a81d30fd264761939e43cc.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Nighthaunt crossbowmen are very cool. Not like they needed a new unit so much as reworked rules but still, new death ranged unit is a fun one.

The eldar stuff is great, all the better for being refurbishments to the most timeless designs in the GW catalogue rather than something new and random, though the wind was taken out of the reveal's sails more than a bit by the avatar pics coming out early.

Considerably more exciting than this reveal (and honestly as thin as it was, I do think folks hype themselves up into a frenzy way too much and place too much emotional investment in product reveals), is this other reveal: a loading screen from Total War Warhammer III.

n7osli5dkae81.png

Shout out to the real Dawi-Zharr heads of the forums, it's happening! I for one am going to disregard my previous statement and go into emotional investment overdrive.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 5