The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Magnusaur said:

I don't interpret - as others seem to do - the meagre amount of new models as proof that GW is unwilling to further invest in and expand on Fyreslayers and Idoneth. On the contrary. When Blood of the Phoenix (although rightfully criticized) came out, a lot of people were certain the 'feedback loop' would doom the range and ensure no other Eldar models would see the light of day. And now look!

History isn't over - neither that of the Mortal Realms or our own world. 2022 will not be the final batch of model releases from GW and in the grand scheme of things a model range released in '16 or '18 is still new. Recovering from the virus in these days, I feel privileged to be around for another spin of the old planet, eager to see what the new year (and hopefully many more) holds in store for us as hobbyists. Stay safe, stay positive, and happy new year to all.

There is something poetic--making me muse over faction stereotypes--that the Seraphon player descends middle of a fight, offers sage advice, shows reverence to the rotation of cosmic objects and then leaves.

Thank you, Magnusaur. Sincerely, I wish you have a happy new year and that your 2022 is great. Thank you for visiting TGA today.

• Like 11

MODERATOR NOTICE

Please  return to rumours and leave the subject of dwarf popularity and genders alone. This is not the place for such discussion and I do NOT want to see any thread or place on TGA devolve to the point where we have to impose rules against the discussion of different genders within armies - such as some 40K groups have had to do with the subject of "female marines". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

In rumour news isn’t the Fyre, Deepkin and then Death the exact rumour we had a few weeks ago? Looking like it’s playing out. And if there’s more than 1 model for each (I think 2 and 3 were mentioned) then it could be the “big” model other people are speculating on. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

So what do rumours say about that female Idoneth hero with the two falchions and shield? Was it just a mistake from the new Gotrek novel? Surely they won't release another foot hero for Idoneth? 

Characters in novels rarely get models. Even Malineth, who is a key character next to Gotrek, hasn't got a model and from the original Gotrek and Felix series only a few of the many characters they interacted with got models. And of them only Boneripper and Thanquol ever became key models for the game. Gotrek only really appeared as a proper model for armies in AoS. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

So what do rumours say about that female Idoneth hero with the two falchions and shield? Was it just a mistake from the new Gotrek novel? Surely they won't release another foot hero for Idoneth? 

I'm guessing the book has a female nemarti character in it as a villain maybe? The cover artists then made her look like a thrall master to help sell models.

But yeah, was kinda hoping we'd have the nemarti hero at least. Ofc you can just head swap and paint the model grey, the hat is kinda dumb so I might do that anyway.

Honest to God both of these models seem like the laziest they could come up with.

The Fyreslayer looks like all their other heroes. For deepkin, even if doing a single hero, you could have at least had another cool unique sea creature instead of another eel.

You could make an idoneth hero standing on a battle crab or riding a sting ray for the same amount of plastic as a magister on disc or squig hopper boss.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

Characters in novels rarely get models. Even Malineth, who is a key character next to Gotrek, hasn't got a model and from the original Gotrek and Felix series only a few of the many characters they interacted with got models. And of them only Boneripper and Thanquol ever became key models for the game. Gotrek only really appeared as a proper model for armies in AoS. 

I heard thanquol had a warplighting vortex arround him for a bit so slowed him down a bit... That or nurgle rats on computer eating the cad designs up... 

To be fair though, a lot of times at least one side in battlebox pairings often gets an expanded range with their book. Here's hoping that both do. I would love to see at least some foot akhelians for Idoneth and cavalry or a "weird" unit for nudist dwarves, Like, fyreslayers that are literally on fire would be awesome, especially if they were large multi-wound infantry.

Edited by CeleFAZE

2 hours ago, Lurynsar said:

In rumour news isn’t the Fyre, Deepkin and then Death the exact rumour we had a few weeks ago? Looking like it’s playing out. And if there’s more than 1 model for each (I think 2 and 3 were mentioned) then it could be the “big” model other people are speculating on. 

I was just thinking the same!! If Idoneth got another Battleline unit and a Beast and Fyrelsayers another troop unit, siege weapon and Beast I think all our Hope's would be met!! I for one am holding out hope that there is more coming for both the Fyreslayers and the Idoneth Deepkin.

• Like 2

I’m a bit confused. Somehow a different rumour went out about Ossiarch battletome being january and fyreslayers and deepkin being april. Theres no way this is true right? Like why would we not have heard anything about ossiarch if it was supposed to come out 3 months before the announced fyre+deepkin box?

If i remember correctly last time we got battleboxes with new hero for each faction and battletome they often came with an endless spell or terrain piece. Idoneth still dont have spells so that could be a possibility.

Im just now starting to put my redharvest set together and the whole S2D whitedwarf update along with the darkoath warband not having the cultist keyword really perplexed me but im starting to think that S2D's next tome (whenever that is) is gonna be split up a la orruk warclans where there is very distinct factions. One being vanilla archaon, others being darkoath, cultist/idolater, belekor, possibly chorfs with a big waagg style option.

FYI Vince does not believe that AoS is going to get a big release of models anytime soon (like until later next year) and that they are going to just release Hero/Battletomes for a while.

which mean people are probably reading too much on his comment from the last video where i believe he was promoting his game that he and Tabletop Minion wrote and he probably doesn't have insider information

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

If i remember correctly last time we got battleboxes with new hero for each faction and battletome they often came with an endless spell or terrain piece. Idoneth still dont have spells so that could be a possibility.

Im just now starting to put my redharvest set together and the whole S2D whitedwarf update along with the darkoath warband not having the cultist keyword really perplexed me but im starting to think that S2D's next tome (whenever that is) is gonna be split up a la orruk warclans where there is very distinct factions. One being vanilla archaon, others being darkoath, cultist/idolater, belekor, possibly chorfs with a big waagg style option.

yeah but we are assuming that they are not making endless spell/ Terrain anymore because both Warclan and Nurgle (two armies who don't endless spell and one does not have terrain) came out without them

• Like 1

So any chance of news coming out on the new year? I am still hoping that we get at least a glimpse at the new Fyreslayer and IDK tomes. But I see absolutely no hint that there will be any announcements that day. 😓

I still hope we get some kind of fun preview that day even if it is just for a store exclusive blood bowl hero.

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Felix does have a pretty recent model though:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormcast-Eternals-Celestant-Prime

😿

• Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, novakai said:

FYI Vince does not believe that AoS is going to get a big release of models anytime soon (like until later next year) and that they are going to just release Hero/Battletomes for a while.

which mean people are probably reading too much on his comment from the last video where i believe he was promoting his game that he and Tabletop Minion wrote and he probably doesn't have insider information

If thats true then im probably ditching AoS for a while in favor of 40k projects. AoS has nothing to look forward too

26 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

If thats true then im probably ditching AoS for a while in favor of 40k projects. AoS has nothing to look forward too

I mean that what he believes will happen, i don't think he has insider knowledge or anything.

but then again Vince generally has a good feel of what GW is doing and Whitefang like my post so what do i know lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean that what he believes will happen, i don't think he has insider knowledge or anything.

but then again Vince generally has a good feel of what GW is doing and Whitefang like my post so what do i know lol

Regardless outside of updated books AoS is looking pretty slow for the foreseeable future. This is why, from a hobby point of view, I dont put all my eggs in one basket. 

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Looks like @Whitefang 's back, but this time in full on hope-crushing mode.

Guess we should close down the rumour thread for the foreseeable future, clean those paint brushes and work on that pile of shame. It's probably time to master our emotions and come clean from hopium.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Doko said:

So is as i said, a no dwarf player asking for female dwarf while actual gw dwarfs players dont want female.

Yes  the 90% numbers was 100% random but after play 20+ years to mmorpgs(since everquest1) i can say fur sure that female dwarfs have been the least played race,even female gnomes is more popular or female seraphons(iksars in mmos) 

I really dont get how male dudes play with female toons in mmorpgs but for sure female elfs are very popular with those dudes,but female dwarf isnt played for nobody.

So pretty sure the miniatures games gonna be the same,and these gw copys companys create female dwarfs because havent copyrigths 

Dwarves are not copyrighted. Atlantis and Signum are not making dwarves that are even compatible with AoS (mixed weapon loadout in the Atlantis dwarven unit, and I don't think dwarves ever had a queen on a chariot pulled by mechanical boar). Kyushuneko I grant you, they mostly make reimaginings of GW stuff, it's why I stopped patreonning them. Not copies though, you won't pass them off as the regular set.

I currently play a dwarf barbarian in Pathfinder. Somehow, I don't have a picture of her, so here's one of the dwarf in the campaign before that (only played one session with this model before the campaign died for COVID reasons): IMG_20200617_211357310.jpg.a5b0457aec1eec6306c992aba7863e2a.jpg

I play 50/50 male or female (except in LARPs), though the one above was played by a female friend, it's far from uncommon for women to play roleplaying games. My first GM (MERP) was a woman, and there were only two men in that party (though boy/girl would be more accurate considering the age then).

You are correct that I do not make dwarf AoS armies, but I do purchase dwarf models. In fact, those are almost the only AoS models I purchase.

Last AoS things were the Chosen Axes (without cards), the Greywater Start Collecting and an extra Dwarf Giants after I had purchased Blood Bowl (first Dwarf Giants were all converted).

I am still trying to rationalize purchasing the Ironclad, but I haven't finished all of the above.

And please don't put statements you have no data for as facts. I can say that women play roleplaying games (though I haven't found data from a wider net) and that I had dwarves in most of the roleplaying parties as fact because I was there, but I have looked up an old chart of what D&D beyond players made, and dwarf ranks just behind human, elf or half elf https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-your-dd-character-rare/

So considering the spread of reactions, GW, it's clear that the few who do not like female dwarves are a minority, so bring them on. Injection mold them straight into my veins (or preferably into a mold, so that I may live and it looks better).

EDIT: replied before reading mod post. Will bite my tongue (well, fingers) before replying more.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Dwarves are not copyrighted. Atlantis and Signum are not making dwarves that are even compatible with AoS (mixed weapon loadout in the Atlantis dwarven unit, and I don't think dwarves ever had a queen on a chariot pulled by mechanical boar). Kyushuneko I grant you, they mostly make reimaginings of GW stuff, it's why I stopped patreonning them. Not copies though, you won't pass them off as the regular set.

I currently play a dwarf barbarian in Pathfinder. Somehow, I don't have a picture of her, so here's one of the dwarf in the campaign before that (only played one session with this model before the campaign died for COVID reasons): IMG_20200617_211357310.jpg.a5b0457aec1eec6306c992aba7863e2a.jpg

I play 50/50 male or female (except in LARPs), though the one above was played by a female friend, it's far from uncommon for women to play roleplaying games. My first GM (MERP) was a woman, and there were only two men in that party (though boy/girl would be more accurate considering the age then).

You are correct that I do not make dwarf AoS armies, but I do purchase dwarf models. In fact, those are almost the only AoS models I purchase.

Last AoS things were the Chosen Axes (without cards), the Greywater Start Collecting and an extra Dwarf Giants after I had purchased Blood Bowl (first Dwarf Giants were all converted).

I am still trying to rationalize purchasing the Ironclad, but I haven't finished all of the above.

And please don't put statements you have no data for as facts. I can say that women play roleplaying games (though I haven't found data from a wider net) and that I had dwarves in most of the roleplaying parties as fact because I was there, but I have looked up an old chart of what D&D beyond players made, and dwarf ranks just behind human, elf or half elf https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-your-dd-character-rare/

So considering the spread of reactions, GW, it's clear that the few who do not like female dwarves are a minority, so bring them on. Injection mold them straight into my veins (or preferably into a mold, so that I may live and it looks better).

EDIT: replied before reading mod post. Will bite my tongue (well, fingers) before replying more.

Tread carefully, friend. My post from 8 hours ago got censored and cut in half for just referring to the topic without even giving an opinion. You should expect yours to get deleted entirely.

5 hours ago, novakai said:

Well he is not allowed to speak about it even if he knows something especially not in prediction video 😅

I think he was clearly speaking about AoS because he had comment about his game before that.

Edited by Aleser

48 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Tread carefully, friend. My post from 8 hours ago got censored and cut in half for just referring to the topic without even giving an opinion. You should expect yours to get deleted entirely.

That's fair then. I got the notification that I was quoted, so I answered that, then read the rest of the thread.

6 hours ago, novakai said:

If this is true than that is terrible for AOS. Only Hero/BT releases is understandable with the global problems at this time but it isnt good for us hobbyists. 

It's also put a right stop to the hype train for Era of the Beast. If we only recieve Hero units for the next 6 months then I highly doubt that any will be Beastly in nature. I hope this Rumour gets squashed quickly. 

• Like 1