The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Doko said:

Give me a cavalry of minimagmadroths,heavy armored non runed fyreslayers and a BIG vulcatrix with ungrim on top of her and i am happy

I would like another infantry unit or something related to their supposed superior craftsmanship like some artillery with rune ammo.

I dont like the idea of mini-droth cavalry cuz in my head it would look goofy af. I imagine it would be like the dark iron dwarfs riding their little core hound mounts. 

And some actual rules that relate to their lore...like why do only some units get a rune save but others dont? They all have the same damn runes!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

I’m just hoping they tell us the next three tomes which are Nighthaunt then IDK/Fyreslayers.  

This is my dream as well. Do what they did for 40K and simply tell us the next few BT releases. We dont even need them in order and we dont even need an estimated release window. Just that the next 3 are Blank, Blank and Blank.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

This latest rumor engine has chain mail in it, so there might be a small change that it os AoS related. 

"The wind howls, lightning crashes, the Advent Engine returns a fresh glimpse of the shadowy conflict fought between ancient enemies in the space between reality and the warp."

I think it's still 40k - no warp in the Mortal Realms.

• Like 1

I really hope for xmas miracle and they show some AOS related on 25th latest. Otherwise tga might go mad with all wishlisting.

"We want hints of next aos tomes" GW: here, have a picture of tau. "No we want aos content" GW: no naughty boy, you just got your two armybooks. Shut up and look at these glorious aeldar and chaos armies that 40k gets!

I find it curious that people hold up hope for the Advent Engine this edition. It was going to be 40k related, with that Aeldari theming and now that we are almost done with the advent, there is no more room for doubt on that. I believe that everything will be related to the rumoured boxset between the Eldar and the Chaos Chosen.

I actually don't know what is rumoured to be in the pipeline yet for AoS. Most of it is related to 40k, from what I've seen. Anything we're expecting for AoS in the winter?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

I find it curious that people hold up hope for the Advent Engine this edition. It was going to be 40k related, with that Aeldari theming and now that we are almost done with the advent, there is no more room for doubt on that. I believe that everything will be related to the rumoured boxset between the Eldar and the Chaos Chosen.

I actually don't know what is rumoured to be in the pipeline yet for AoS. Most of it is related to 40k, from what I've seen. Anything we're expecting for AoS in the winter?

I'm currently putting the "Winter FAQ" in the "hope we get it" column.  Can anyone link the article where they said it would be December because at this point I expect a stealth edit as much as I expect the FAQ...

3 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

I get the feeling if the FAQ isn't dropping before Christmas, it's not coming until January. Hopefully any delays are an indication of more thought being put into the changes.

I'm not trying to be negative but the last big FAQ required an FAQ (that they did provide fairly quickly in all fairness) so maybe it's just hoping to avoid a similar snafu but it also doesn't inspire any confidence from me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Segersgia said:

fyreslayers vs idoneth
and that's about it, yeah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I'm not trying to be negative but the last big FAQ required an FAQ (that they did provide fairly quickly in all fairness) so maybe it's just hoping to avoid a similar snafu but it also doesn't inspire any confidence from me.

The December pdf is the Balance Update, it is something different.

I don't know why all the people is talking about the Winter Faq when they didn't say nothing about the next Big Faq.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't know why all the people is talking about the Winter Faq when they didn't say nothing about the next Big Faq.

Well, that's because there always is one.  There are two things coming - the December Balance update (which they confirmed would be in December) and the Winter FAQ, which is usually in December in theory, but often in January in reality.

It's not clear if they're going to combine these in to one thing or not.  

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The balance updates often have FAQs/Erratas rolled into them that change how certain abilities function on the tabletop as part of the overall balance pass, so either term is still appropriate. Also, it's just easier to type 'FAQ' than 'balance update.' No-one's confusing anything here.

1 minute ago, Jaskier said:

The balance updates often have FAQs/Erratas rolled into them that change how certain abilities function on the tabletop as part of the overall balance pass, so either term is still appropriate. Also, it's just easier to type 'FAQ' than 'balance update.' No-one's confusing anything here.

The Balance Update is something new that could be released every three months if it is necessary. The objective of the Balance Update/Dataslate is fix problems of the game that requires an emergency reaction.

The Big FAQs are bigger and the objective of them is very different.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Well, that's because there always is one.  There are two things coming - the December Balance update (which they confirmed would be in December) and the Winter FAQ, which is usually in December in theory, but often in January in reality.

It's not clear if they're going to combine these in to one thing or not.  

The Winter Faq were officially dated in January but two times were released in December.

I don't see why it's a problem that people refer to a balance update as an FAQ. We're all aware of the nature of the update, and that also doesn't preclude the update incorporating actual FAQs. No-one's sitting here saying 'oh man, it's a shame this FAQ wave won't have any points changes' - we know the primary purpose of it is points changes. 'FAQ' has been shorthand lingo for "update" when it comes to GW balancing for as long as I can remember, and I'm expecting there will be FAQs too (stopping Gotrek going into Hunters of the Heartlands for example.) 

This is just being needlessly pedantic and you know it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

I'm currently putting the "Winter FAQ" in the "hope we get it" column.  Can anyone link the article where they said it would be December because at this point I expect a stealth edit as much as I expect the FAQ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/dragons-are-on-their-way-but-not-before-a-quick-balance-pass/

screencap

B16794AB-9139-4297-B411-EECAE1562413.jpeg.c22895bdb1038e9ac6c751771c3176a2.jpeg

• Like 2

I guess the question is if this new type of balancing update ( let call it the AoS dataslate update) going to replace the AoS winter FAQ and we for now on get these update every 3 months while also getting the GHB in the summer. Or is the winter FAQ still also happening since it deal with overall point changes while the Dataslate deal with emergency changes.  Also will book FAQ still happen now that they are update things quicker.