The Rumour Thread

As long as I can actually use the Ogre captain in my mawtribes army, it's a big purchase from me.

The Warcry models are great, but too bad it's Chaos vs Chaos again. I thought with the Shadowstalkers we'd start seeing faction-specific warbands. Maybe in the future? I still hold onto the notion that the Kruleboyz have a warband waiting in the wings (buzzard wings).

• Like 2

I'm sympathetic to no new units for Nurgle, it's a complete faction right now honestly and it's hard to think of what they need. I guess you could give them some 1W mortal infantry, but then the question becomes what role they could play that plaguebearers or the various STD options don't. 

More broadly, I think it's fine if new battletomes don't necessarily come with new models. Especially if that gets them out faster after an edition change. I'll repeat my broken record about how they really just need to admit it's 2021 and move to a digital rules distribution system that isn't tied to releasing a physical book every 3-4 years, but if they're truly committed to this antiquated method of delivering rules, they need to be prioritizing updating the rules on an edition shift, not holding back books in order to pair them with miniature releases. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Talas said:

And so, the rumor about the "disgruntled GW employee" saying that the next book was going to be Khorne was false. And the Underworlds rumors seem right! Bring on the Malerion's aelves!

There have been actual legit rumors about Malerion shadow aelves?

37 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

There have been actual legit rumors about Malerion shadow aelves?

There was a rumor about Malerions bros vs River Temple LRL + Tyrion are coming after Dawnbringer Crusades (i.e not soon at all). (like one third of fluff in SCE battletome is about how Dawnbringer Crusades rolling around realms). It's kinda semi legit. 

upd. also guys, wanna see a legit specualtion about GSG and future combined Duradin battletome?

uA0gLz7.png

QVBRI2H.jpg20iJXxI.png

Edited by dnusha
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

HE IS GLORIOUS!! KNIFE MONKEY IS SAVAGELY BEAUTIFUL!!

I'm getting massive Soundwave vibes from this Warband with all of Blackpowders minions!!

Wasnt able to watch the stream but am happy for Nurgle to be getting their Tome and the new Sorceror is a great model.

Warcry wise I prefer the Barbarians to the Spider Cult but all the minis looks amazing and that Terrain is bloody awesome. The Barbarians give me massive Conan vibes.

But Blackbeard...****** does he looks incredible. A truly imposing Ogor Maneater. I cant wait to paint him up and have him lead my Mawtribes as a Tyrant. It also makes me incredibly excited for the future of the Mawtribes as a whole for 3.0.

If Soundwave was fat, smelly.... and charismatic like only an Ogor Pirate could be, yarrr! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Deepkin said:

Love both Warcry warbands. The Conan expy wielding a two handed sword or flail is perfect. Tarantulo does sound like an Italian spider themed mobster though 

Tarantulo is on a Roberto for a robot level of ingenuity for sure. 😎

Edit: I love the one guy who's modeled on the Heroquest barb/Conan too. 

Edited by MitGas

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I didn't expect to get exited for a basic '80's barbarian set, but I love the sorceress and female barbarians here!

When almost everything borders on over-designed and over the top, some basic "less is more" units can shine even brighter! ;)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

When almost everything borders on over-designed and over the top, some basic "less is more" units can shine even brighter! ;)

I'm usually against that specific stereotype, but really love the sorcerer and how strong these ladies look. They'll probably be oversized for my regular purpose, but I can say they are Goliaths, have Giant blood or ate all their veggies compared to 28mm models.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I'm usually against that specific stereotype, but really love the sorcerer and how strong these ladies look. They'll probably be oversized for my regular purpose, but I can say they are Goliaths, have Giant blood or ate all their veggies compared to 28mm models.

The red-haired female barb seems quite gigantic for real. Would've preferred her a bit less muscular as she looks like my wardrobe (and a more direct homage to Red Sonja would've fit into that group too) but it might just be the picture. Very good models all in all. Spiderdudes are nice as well but due to their getup they certainly seem less individualistic.

3 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

After thirty years the HeroQuest Barbarian finally found some trousers. I’m just so proud of him

F758C527-E648-4797-800E-22CD63D0A47F.jpeg

88DDB99E-7F1D-4DD5-9460-70CAF8E8BBB7.png

Yeah's, he's perfect. Pretty much Conan (not the Arnold version but the original one). Hmmm, maybe I need to buy the warband one day just for him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

I really want a darkoath force, and hopefully that can be done at some point...many years ago they talked about a potential darkoath release and would love it so much! Update marauders, give a few monsters...

There are so many of them at this point, GW is trying to capture that barbaric savage feeling of Conan/Red Sonya movies of tribal humans without much chaos influence going on. Not sure if it's enough for an army. They look like great marauders though.

b6DGJds.png

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, dnusha said:

There are so many of them at this point, GW is trying to capture that barbaric savage feeling of Conan/Red Sonya movies of tribal humans without much chaos influence going on. Not sure if it's enough for an army. They look like great marauders though.

b6DGJds.png

This looks like something fun. How many points would this be? 

5 minutes ago, Kronos said:

My personal winner of the day. So much potential for conversions or even as a stand in model for lots of different characters.

F454B9B7-BB58-4FBE-9768-08D320606A9A.jpeg

She looks like she could make a great Chaos Sorcerer Lord if nothing else - though I actually hope Darkoath will get their own generic sorcerer soon that taps into a more primal magic.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

This looks like something fun. How many points would this be? 

Honestly i have no idea, last time i checked Untamed beasts were 70 for 8+dog, darkoath chieftan and queen were 90 each and Godsworn Hunt warband was 90(5 of them + dog). And new Warcry band looks pretty numerous as well.

Edited by dnusha
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

I'm sympathetic to no new units for Nurgle, it's a complete faction right now honestly and it's hard to think of what they need. I guess you could give them some 1W mortal infantry, but then the question becomes what role they could play that plaguebearers or the various STD options don't. 

More broadly, I think it's fine if new battletomes don't necessarily come with new models. Especially if that gets them out faster after an edition change. I'll repeat my broken record about how they really just need to admit it's 2021 and move to a digital rules distribution system that isn't tied to releasing a physical book every 3-4 years, but if they're truly committed to this antiquated method of delivering rules, they need to be prioritizing updating the rules on an edition shift, not holding back books in order to pair them with miniature releases. 

The thing is a lack of model release on one book release doesn’t exactly mean the speed of battletome would rollout faster. They don’t hold off miniature releases because they probably printed them and the rules into the battle tomes already and they are largely finished and just waiting release. it a Big reason why they can’t delay dominion launch It just that some books don’t have model release because simply they didn’t design any for the current edition. 

Example just look at 40K they clearly did not hold off any miniature releases for armies that where slated to get them like Orks and Black Templars. Rumors suggest that a few more big model range release will happen in the next year anyway.  

like I think they could probable release every battletome that didn’t have model release in one go as of right now but for business reason and how consumer tendency work they prefer to spread them out  

that and i think they make the most profit off big model release anyway so it a profit quota thing too

Edited by novakai
  • Confused 1

Hooray, we are back! Or was I the only one that couldn't get into TGA? Either way, I return fashionably late.

40K: Haven't actively played 40K since 5th edition, but those were some beautiful miniatures. Memorable reveal as the information that Sisters of Silence would be rolled into Custodes and mentioned to not be strategically viable as SoS only army caused my phone to blow up from messages from a friend who belongs to the extremely small but fanatically loyal secret society only spoken about in revered tones. You might have heard their name whispered in awe and fear, for their madness and dedication knows no bounds - for they are Sisters of Silence mains.

AOS: I am happy for all Nurgle fans, you deserve a new battletome! I'll miss the old sorcerer, but looking at the Fly Sorcerer I know better than dissing them.

Underworlds: I expect @KingBrodd to marathon Pirates of the Caribbean flicks in the near future to master his Jack Sparrow impression.

HH: White Scar fans, rejoice!

Warcry: Fantastic models. The Darkoath look p e r f e c t - brutal, attractive, at their martial peak...and I have watched enough BardicBroadcasts to feign being cultured enough to throw hey look it's that bloke from the Heroquest box art 'Frank Frazetta-inspired' around. But can we focus on the REAL star of the show? Yeah, you heard me. No, I don't mean the Underworlds monkey. I mean the Warcry terrain of course! Have you LOOKED at it? It's ----ing gorgeous! A varanite mine for Warcry? Perfect! A fell Chaos lair for AoS? Perfect? A small Chaos Dwarf settlement for a future The Old World homebrew campaign? PERFECT! That terrain, I need it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

She looks like she could make a great Chaos Sorcerer Lord if nothing else - though I actually hope Darkoath will get their own generic sorcerer soon that taps into a more primal magic.

She’s going to be a Witch/Necromancer for my undead. I can also see her with very little work fitting with Krule boys as a Shaman. Free city wizard with a  Flagellants aesthetic. Would look cool amongst FEC as a  Ghast champion.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1