The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

*Stares lovingly at the Monstrous Arcanum book*

It is a crime that the Khemric Titan was never made.

the two books from fantasy that I have left - Arcanum and Tamurkhan, I could never bear to part with those.

The Kdaai destroyer ended up being reworked into the greater Khorgorath without the khorgorath keyword they have now!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I wonder if these means the umbraneth/shadow aelves are sooner than we think 🤔 

I hope so!

Be'Lakor was shown shortly after his short story. Hopefully they are the first tome other than the starter set armies

9 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I wonder if these means the umbraneth/shadow aelves are sooner than we think 🤔 

I have to wonder if they'll be independent from Daughters of Khaine when they come out. Malerion seems to be pretty well aligned with Morathi in this. It feels like GW has pivoted away from making many small factions like they did through early 2e, with Ogors and Orruks each getting their respective microfactions lumped back together, and Zombies and Skeletons staying under Vampires in the newest codex instead of getting split out like Nighthaunt.

• Like 1

I loved that story, very Game of Thrones.

As much as I would love for the Malerion and Shadow/Dark Aelf lovers to get their dues I cant help but feel that this is setting the seeds for 4.0 or even the next wave of 'Broken Realms' books. 

We've had quite some time with the Aelves recently and would love for Destruction to be the centre of attention for some time.

• Like 6

I would love for Sigmar to finally realise that he's been spied upon all the while by Malerion, who's been tuning into onlyfans/Azyr.

17 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

Tyrion please, I know we just got new models so I’m ok to wait a little bit but Tyrion better look better than Teclis.

My bet is he gets a bigger hat, and malerion gets a biggererer hat than that.

i also want Be'Lakor to totally mash up both mally and his Ma, so that he can prove he's The shadow Boss.

Oh and Slaanesh to get free and make anything with pointy ears pay... very very pay.

Elves... nothing but trouble.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I don't like much the return of High vs Dark elves plot though.
While i can see some skirmish i'd prefer that gw won't do that thing again without having a real motive for that.

Lets move it to destro. Gorkamorka blesses Gordrakk to become an Avatar, fusing his body and soul with his mount, Bigteef, and becoming the First Iron-Krusha!! 

Destro splits into two sides. Greenskins vs Pony shirts. 

Gordrakk receives a new model of course. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

@VasshpitThey could use the Gorkamorka split state in Gork and Mork to have a civil war between "Gorkers" and "Morkers" XD.
Or Evil sunz worshipper against Bad moon ones, with the two celestial object fighting and colliding.
Still i really want to see the new army that's coming,the ideas that are rumored are great....by Grungni, even the "hypothesised\wishlisted" ones like Boglars and so on.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

All the people who for some reason thought Malerion was dead are sobbing quietly in the corner xD

I don't think anyone actually wanted him dead, but when you end a lore article with the POV character getting murdered for questioning Malekith's existence, mention dark elves who worship a dead shadow god, and don't use him in anything except background lore for 5 years, people start to get a little suspicious.

Now that we know he's alive in the present day, I'm left wondering what all those hints were supposed to be about

4 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Of course, we could all be wrong and the new faction ties into either The Skaven or the Sylvaneth. The former is just a guess since this week's WD has an section on the Horned Rat's part of the warp, the latter due to the Broken Realms stuff and their theme of being scary ents.

Well. The Sylvaneth of the Ghoul Mire certainly have no qualms about killing ANYONE who strays into their swamps. There is also that thing with Kurnoth in “Dark Harvest”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't think anyone actually wanted him dead, but when you end a lore article with the POV character getting murdered for questioning Malekith's existence, mention dark elves who worship a dead shadow god, and don't use him in anything except background lore for 5 years, people start to get a little suspicious.

Now that we know he's alive in the present day, I'm left wondering what all those hints were supposed to be about

You are referring to an article on warhammer community which was more of a caricature of a tabloid without proof.

The pov character was murdered because he dared to claim that Malerion didn't exist. That's all. It's a simple joke.

Edited by Yeurl slachyr wraith
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yeurl slachyr wraith said:

You are referring to an article on warhammer community which was more of a caricature of a tabloid without proof.

The pov character was murdered because he dared to claim that Malerion didn't exist. That's all. It's a simple joke.

I know that, but GW uses those to hint at lore developments all the time. Pair it up with the other stuff and it started to look like they were building to a twist with Malekith being dead or never existing at all.

Obviously we know it's not true now but they've done more controversial things before.

How did I nearly miss this reveal, I have been hyping the return of our edgelord for so long! I really liked the story and it captured the dark political underpinnings of Dark Elf lore very well. I was just warming up to the idea of the new SCE and now the god of shadows and hype has returned... hopefully with kung-fu gripe! Hopefully the new Shadow Aelves return with Mallus Darkblade ready to fight the various avatars, spirits and eidelons of the lesser Aelven forces!

Question, will he replace Be'Lakor as my favourite shadow demon monster?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3