The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, chord said:

How about the horned rat somehow interferes with the rescue of Slaanesh and they merge into one?  That will shake up some things .

I feel like that kind of move would just Enrage Skaven and Slaanesh fan more so then the Endtimes did for all of WHF Fans.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Not me. I'm Sleboda everywhere. Different images just for my own amusement more than anything else, but same name.

I usually post on most forums as CannibalBob, but when I made an account here I decided to go with the name of my Goblin General.

12 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I usually post on most forums as CannibalBob, but when I made an account here I decided to go with the name of my Goblin General.

Dedication, but I think using a picture of yourself as your avatar was a bit too much.

? 

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm a bit on the fence about this - I wouldn't want his entrapment to be the new status quo, but I agree that it wouldn't be cool to return to the old status quo either. Perhaps she could be released, but come back much more/much less powerful; it would shake up the status quo, and also be the possible start of a narrative event. 

That said, I think a Hosts battletome will be released before their god is, so Slaanesh will have a full force to use in any narrative events that come up about the release. I'm still unconvinced we'll see a release by January, though - I feel they're trying to get through the habringers first. I also think we would have seen something about the Emperor's Children in 40k by now, and they are very very likely to be released alongside the Hosts.  

I like the idea of Slaanesh's struggle for freedom leading to him/her being torn apart while escaping. That way the status quo is shaken up, we get to keep the invaders/pretenders/seekers factions and it helps create more buzz for the Hysh and Ulgu aelves when all those juicy souls come spilling out...

Like a few others I'm guessing 2019's big Chaos release will be Undivided not Slaanesh. Too much Darkoath and Black Legion buzz for both gametypes (especially the rumours about a new Abaddon miniature).

As for rumours I see a new Lord Ordinator model is coming out. Considering we've already seen the new Knight of Shrouds model does this mean we could be in for a Fungoid Shaman on giant squig and mounted/alternate build warqueen when the Moonclan and Darkoath books inevitably drop?

Edited by Black Waltz
spelling correction

4 minutes ago, Black Waltz said:

As for rumours I see a new Lord Ordinator model is coming out. Considering we've already seen the new Knight of Shrouds model does this mean we could be in for a Fungoid Shaman on giant squig

I'll take 5 please.

BoLS posted some pictures (I guess they are from July's White Dwarf) of future kits.

SCE are getting an ETB Celestar Ballista and Astreia Soulbright (could it be a dual kit with Lord Arcanum on Dracoline?).

There's also a photo of the Evocators box, showing 5 Evocators but with the same weapons as in the ETB kit. They don't show the 2-handed staffs.

NH are also showing some interesting ETB kits, including heroes.

Edited by Raviv
typo

I think the issue with killing/merging/consuming/splitting Slaanesh is that it may upset some Slaanesh fans, and make them unsure about wanting to buy into the release. I know I wouldn't be too keen on Slaanesh no longer being Slaanesh, and I feel there are others who feel the same way; it may make for a good story, but it could also upset the core fans of the faction. A bit like if Slaanesh broke free but was released into the Gladitorium in Azyr and ate Sigmar (as he's under a lot of strain due to Nagash), leaving the SC without a safe way to reforge - it might make for an interesting story, but it would likely upset Stormcast fans (which I wouldn't want). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think the issue with killing/merging/consuming/splitting Slaanesh is that it may upset some Slaanesh fans, and make them unsure about wanting to buy into the release. I know I wouldn't be too keen on Slaanesh no longer being Slaanesh, and I feel there are others who feel the same way; it may make for a good story, but it could also upset the core fans of the faction. A bit like if Slaanesh broke free but was released into the Gladitorium in Azyr and ate Sigmar (as he's under a lot of strain due to Nagash), leaving the SC without a safe way to reforge - it might make for an interesting story, but it would likely upset Stormcast fans (which I wouldn't want). 

What if Slaanesh does escape and breaks into Azyr? Where the three others failed, Slaanesh succeeds and opens an entirely new front in the war. 

24 minutes ago, Raviv said:

BoLS posted some pictures (I guess they are from July's White Dwarf) of future kits.

SCE are getting an ETB Celestar Ballista and Astreia Soulbright (could it be a dual kit with Lord Arcanum on Dracoline?).

There's also a photo of the Evocators box, showing 5 Evocators but with the same weapons as in the ETB kit. They don't show the 2-handed staffs.

NH are also showing some interesting ETB kits, including heroes.

Wasn't that already all shown on GW's own posts from the AoS open day?

It will be interesting to see if they can fit Slaanesh into this year. I don't think they will, as the last two times GW released big god projects they released the 40k equivalent (Death Guard and Thousand Sons) within a relatively short time of the fantasy release.

My rough estimate for the rest of the year (based on pure speculation) are:

July: Nighthaunt/Stormcast, Kill Team and new 40k Terrain

August: Genestealer Cult (which will probably pair in with Kill Team a bit), probably a few last NH/Stormcast products, and The Space Wolves Book, Titanicus

September: Orks (probably a relatively big release as they have a lot of kits that are not in plastic and there has been a lot of rumors buzzing around for new models)

October: New AOS army (my guess would be Moonclan Grots or the new Humans)

November: New AOS starter products that were previewed on Community, new Start collecting packages. (Maybe another 40k release)

December: Lots of bundles and what not (GW doesn't release new stuff in December very often)

I think next year we will get Malerion and Tyrion's Aelves early (first two quarters) to set the stage for Slaanesh and when they wrap up the Nagash storyline they will do some sort of Chaos storyline with Slaanesh being the big Summer release and Darkoath coming in the Fall (or vice versa).

That's just my best guess though.

7 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

What if Slaanesh does escape and breaks into Azyr? Where the three others failed, Slaanesh succeeds and opens an entirely new front in the war. 

I think it could be really cool, so long as they didn't change anything major with anyone else's factions. It's fine for them to suffer losses which have a perminent effect on the story, but I'm more talking about something huge like the death or corruption of Sigmar which could be an awesome story but may upset fans.

It's a difficult one, because too little change means the story never actually advances in important ways, or too much and fans become upset and dislike the faction. 

37 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think it could be really cool, so long as they didn't change anything major with anyone else's factions. It's fine for them to suffer losses which have a perminent effect on the story, but I'm more talking about something huge like the death or corruption of Sigmar which could be an awesome story but may upset fans.

It's a difficult one, because too little change means the story never actually advances in important ways, or too much and fans become upset and dislike the faction. 

I feel that with the departure of the Sacrosanct from Azyr and the effects of the Necroquake being felt there, we know now that the Realm of Heaven isn't untouchable. Slaanesh, existing outside any realm, could be the one to truly succeed in an invasion, and I think turning Heaven itself into a battlefield, would be a major game changer without negatively impacting any other faction. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Imprisoning Slaanesh in the first place was quite a bold move so I've got faith we'll see something more interesting than restoration of the status quo ? My hope is we'll see Slaanesh come back soon, I'm too impatient to wait for another two aelven factions to drop first!

• Like 1

According to people for the event where the Space Wolves and Orks codexes were announced, the Genestealer Cult codex is a while off but there’s some GSC models coming before (most likely the ones we saw at the weekend, tied to Kill Team, which is coming in July). 

I could see Emperors Children being released this year, a-la Death Guard last year and Thousand Sons the one before, with AoS Slaanesh early next year (would fit with the pattern of the last couple of years). 

11 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Meanwhile: Skaven don't exist.

They don't. You're thinking of rat-headed beastmen and tales told by sewerjacks to scare children.

I'd wager we'll see Legions of Nagash style battletomes without miniatures to round out the factions without books for Skaven and Free Cities before the year's out.

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

They don't. You're thinking of rat-headed beastmen and tales told by sewerjacks to scare children.

I'd wager we'll see Legions of Nagash style battletomes without miniatures to round out the factions without books for Skaven and Free Cities before the year's out.

I think Legions of Nagash styled battletomes without miniature releases are perfect to get armies up to date. Personally, I would even like a compendium that skips all the fluff for now and just gets the important rules for a lot of armies at once up to date. Many armies would already be competitive if they had something simple as a proper battalion, so it doesn't even have to take ages of R&D.

Bold prediction: next April, we get KO V2. vs Grotbag scuttler box set and army release.

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

According to people for the event where the Space Wolves and Orks codexes were announced, the Genestealer Cult codex is a while off but there’s some GSC models coming before (most likely the ones we saw at the weekend, tied to Kill Team, which is coming in July). 

I could see Emperors Children being released this year, a-la Death Guard last year and Thousand Sons the one before, with AoS Slaanesh early next year (would fit with the pattern of the last couple of years). 

I am not sure about a EC release this year since I feel like GW would release World eaters with Angron or new Black Legion with Abbadon first (along with another Loyalist Primarch) at least that what the 40k rumors has been mostly about. 

I don't think the release of slaanesh necessarily means the legions idea needs to go. Slaanesh could be released but those pretenders that took his place could continue to act like gods. Doesn't feel very slaaneshi to give up worshippers, even to your god. The seekers could act as the true followers of slaanesh who band against the pretenders to try and bring them back to proper slaanesh approved orgies, and everyone else could just be running around delighting in the sensory feast that occurs when two slaaneshi factions decide out to out do one another.

9 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I feel that with the departure of the Sacrosanct from Azyr and the effects of the Necroquake being felt there, we know now that the Realm of Heaven isn't untouchable. Slaanesh, existing outside any realm, could be the one to truly succeed in an invasion, and I think turning Heaven itself into a battlefield, would be a major game changer without negatively impacting any other faction. 

For the "escape of Slaanesh", I could see a global and/or Firestorm type campaign not set in Azyr but in Ulgu and Hysh, as they are not really fleshed out in the core book. With releases of light ans shadow elves.

let the idea of Azyr not protected sink in for an all out war event.