The Rumour Thread

This trailer has me a little confused.  The video seems to suggest a big wow you model release, like Deepkin level stunning.  I was not under the impression that was what we were getting.  I mean I am pumped for a Nighthaunt and Mage Stormcast release, but I was thinking a couple new kits. This video seems to suggest something well beyond that.  You don't gawk like that over a starter box of mostly repacks and a few new models. Definitely intrigued.   

2 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

This trailer has me a little confused.  The video seems to suggest a big wow you model release, like Deepkin level stunning.  I was not under the impression that was what we were getting.  I mean I am pumped for a Nighthaunt and Mage Stormcast release, but I was thinking a couple new kits. This video seems to suggest something well beyond that.  You don't gawk like that over a starter box of mostly repacks and a few new models. Definitely intrigued.   

Well no but since its the famous GW hypetrain you really can’t be sure that it really is impressive. May I remind everyone about the Malign Portents countdown. That being said I am as eager as anyone to see what the fuzz is about but if past experiences have taught me anything it is to not get excited before we know for sure that something is actually up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Well no but since its the famous GW hypetrain you really can’t be sure that it really is impressive. May I remind everyone about the Malign Portents countdown. That being said I am as eager as anyone to see what the fuzz is about but if past experiences have taught me anything it is to not get excited before we know for sure that something is actually up.

The last time we got a teaser video before an event was back when the entire Adeptus Custodes army was shown. So everything is possible.

I'm thinking this is going to be the announcement of AoS 2nd edition. Probably include the new Stormcast, Nighthaunt, and magic system (maybe all in one big boxset)  - maybe also the end of (the first part of) Malign Portents. Considering that a lot of GW stores have been changing their AoS displays to death related things I imagine this is going to be pretty big. 

That said, the marketing team has really outdone themselves here - no other advert has managed to make me that frustratingly interested. 

14 minutes ago, PowerMullet said:

First of all: Hi! This is my first post on the forum. Nice to meet you all

I'm hoping for some new dispossessed or high elves. Seems unlikely though... one can dream :)

That would be great. Ah how I miss the old skaven vs Dwarfen battles

once upon a time  

The old world existed and Skaven slaughtered dwarfs out of existent (almost) those were the good times. And then Sigmar came

the end 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

11 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That would be great. Ah how I miss the old skaven vs Dwarfen battles

once upon a time  

The old world existed and Skaven slaughtered dwarfs out of existent (almost) those were the good times. And then Sigmar came

the end 

Good guy Fatshark allows us luckily, to slaughter vermin by millions!

1 hour ago, Goodapollo4 said:

"Calm before the storm" - Gork damn it, between the Stormcasts, Winds of Magic, Sea Aelves, a Storm could mean anything! Now it's like Christmas Eve...Damn you GW. 

IMHO, to get that kind of reaction it should be a big scenic display... and what kind of display?

One showing the new stromwizards, battling the new death minions... OVER A STORMKEEP!!!!

that would make everyone gape... and will tick all boxes/rumors: new SC, new death, new AoS, new magic supplement... with new scenery.. which is a safe place... a “calm before the storm”...

please... make it true! ??

cheers

AJ

Edited by Antonio Rodrigues
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As they are all ultra competitive players they would be most excited by a Generals Hand Book - giving Khorne the nerf it rightly deserves and boosts the power of Nurgle and the Balewind Vortex 

Or it could be a really filthy list, 2 up re-rolling 1’s on everything. 

Seriously though new Squiggs!

I think that, while Gork knows I want it more than anything, we are probably going to be waiting on destruction for a while yet. It would be I think, another misstep to bust out something else before Death gets a legit Sigmar release (new tome, models, etc). I think that its likely we will see:

• New Magic supplement with the weird sun and others
  • AOS 2and/or a new starter set (Death vs Wizcast)
  • MAYBE some kind of scenery or something

But hey, if they want to prove me wrong and rock up with a bunch of amazing new Squigs, more power to em!