The Rumour Thread

I wonder if we are going to see more Etheric Vorticies?That might explain what Raw Magic is going to be. Also maybe this is how we eventually see the balewind get fixed!

I intend picking up a Gloomtide Shipwreck just as a normal terrain piece. It looks generic enough that I think some other fantasy systems could use it too.

Edited by Redmanphill
  • Like 2

Well, battletome thought the app hopefully is 20 quid, plus 30 for the Namarti, plus 12.50 for the dice = my wife stabbing me during my sleep.

Still going for it tho.

Will the Namarti be dual build in one box? If they are I need 2.

Edited by Sete
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sete said:

Well, battletome thought the app hopefully is 20 quid, plus 30 for the Namarti, plus 12.50 for the dice = my wife stabbing me during my sleep.

Still going for it tho.

Will the Namarti be dual build in one box? If they are I need 2.

Bow Namarti will most likely be a separate box. The legs are too different.
AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin1gfdwcs.jpg.5f194ecead1fd253d6ab56d9a1895fe9.jpg
Way more movement than the one set shown today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Imperial said:

BCR is dead faction now.... First dead faction with new version of battletome.... Ironjawz ok! I think it's was really nice release 2 years ago, but after second wave for many faction and KO/Deepkins/etc it's very poor when we compare it. Same situation for Sylvaneth and Fireslayers now...

This can be fixed to some degree with subsequent editions of the General's Handbook.  I am in the same boat as Sheriff and hoping that GW really looks at the state of things and does a decent job tweaking Destruction (and all Grand Alliances & sub factions) to make them fun for people to play again.

• Like 5

I am a tiny bit bothered by this underwater race wielding chopping/slashing weapons like those great big axes and swords. Realistically, you can't get any kind of force behind a swing in water, it would make a lot more sense for them to have spears, thrusting swords and other impaling weapons.

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Swooper said:

I am a tiny bit bothered by this underwater race wielding chopping/slashing weapons like those great big axes and swords. Realistically, you can't get any kind of force behind a swing in water, it would make a lot more sense for them to have spears, thrusting swords and other impaling weapons.

They use special materials no doubt that are then affected by the aether sea spells allowing them to be swung. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Come on, they have the magical ability to summon an etheric sea that lets them alter reality. They can make fish and giant sea monsters able to fly and breathe on land, and coral and shipwrecks magically appear out of the ground wherever they go... I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume that the same magic they use to slow and choke their opponents by making the air thicker can also allow them to move through the water as swiftly as if it was air if they want to. The word "realistically" really shouldn't be applied to them, especially when talking about the physics of liquids and gasses. LOL

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Swooper said:

theyre buff bro

• Haha 1

Regarding this picture:
AoSDeepkin-Apr9-Art7dw.jpg

That one skaven, at the feet of the super-cool spearman/halberd person at the top of the pile of skaven, does he have horns? Thanquol horns? Any thoughts? Might be a hint of things to come.

Edited by Mayple

21 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Regarding this picture:
AoSDeepkin-Apr9-Art7dw.jpg

That one skaven, at the feet of the super-cool spearman/halberd person at the top of the pile of skaven, does he have horns? Thanquol horns? Any thoughts? Might be a hint of things to come.

Thanquol isn’t the only Skaven with horns. All the Grey Seers have them. 

2 minutes ago, Binabik15 said:

Yeah, I'd go with Grey Seer, too. The colour is a bit off for one, though.

Any ideas what the sharks could use as rules for captured skysharks in a KO list?

You could simply use their normal rules and use them as allys

12 hours ago, Sheriff said:

The only hope is that this years handbook gives rather than takes away again. 

There's nothing left to take.

They made Destruction softer hitting, slower and easier to kill.

They eviscerated the GA Allegiance Abilities, and replaced it with nothing.

They took the GA with the worst Battleline options by far and made it significantly worse.

Other than nerf Kunnin Rukk properly this time, the only way is up.

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

My suggestion would be to get over to https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/ and post about your thoughts. All the posts are read and if there is a common theme, it will make it's way into the Design Studio. They look at all comments/thoughts so well worth a go!

100% this. Remember a few years ago when Destruction got Ironjaws, Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplittaz? This is Aelves and Deaths year ;)  

I think the thing that's really hurting Destruction at the moment is that when GH17 (rightly imo) rebalanced away from Mixed GA armies, Destruction got so, so little in return.

Other than making the Ironjawz battletome slightly less obsolete, there was nothing in there (or since) but nerf upon nerf. 

If GH17 had given some Allegiance Abilities to armies like Moonclan and Gutbusters, you have something to work with.  As it is, it feels like no give and all take.

So assuming no Moonclan battletome in the next few months, I would hope for a decent selection of Allegiance Abilities for Destruction in GH18, and some leeway on the Battleline options.  As well as an updated FAQ on things like the Weirdnob Shaman.

Thanks for the FB link, that's a good and practical suggestion.

Edited by PlasticCraic

GHB16 gave us points, and GHB17 gave us GW's first tepid step towards updates/balancing which was mixed bag overall. I think GHB18 will be interesting to see if/how GW really commits to keeping the game balanced and fresh. I think this years battletomes could be considered almost a third phase with the newest armies getting basically new game mechanics. Don't get me wrong, the new mechanics are great and it does keep the game feeling fresh, but it just adds another tier that makes older armies fall even further behind. Of course codex power creep has been a thing as long as GW has been making army books, but GW at least sounds like they're committed to mitigating that will FAQs erratas and the GHB/Chapter Approved and this year will let us know if they mean it, or if it's just a token effort. Outside of destruction, I think the GHB17 updates were more good than bad.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Binabik15 said:

Any ideas what the sharks could use as rules for captured skysharks in a KO list?

Possibly a bit too small to be a Gunhauler... Could possibly use them as an allied Gyrocopter/bomber? 

Then loot yourself a turtle, strap some balloons to it and you have a frigate!

7 hours ago, bsharitt said:

GHB16 gave us points, and GHB17 gave us GW's first tepid step towards updates/balancing which was mixed bag overall. I think GHB18 will be interesting to see if/how GW really commits to keeping the game balanced and fresh. I think this years battletomes could be considered almost a third phase with the newest armies getting basically new game mechanics. Don't get me wrong, the new mechanics are great and it does keep the game feeling fresh, but it just adds another tier that makes older armies fall even further behind. Of course codex power creep has been a thing as long as GW has been making army books, but GW at least sounds like they're committed to mitigating that will FAQs erratas and the GHB/Chapter Approved and this year will let us know if they mean it, or if it's just a token effort. Outside of destruction, I think the GHB17 updates were more good than bad.

If , like the rumor says, we got AoS 2.0 this summer, GH2018 will definitly be a big chalenge to balance something with new rules, especially with the new magic rules