The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I think the flying beasts actually work due to the sense of motion every mini in the range has. There is something flowing in every one.

the joy of poses that don't having to worry about ranking up :)

Aquastorm sounds like a washing product, is this the idoneth laundry department? 

• Haha 1

I think the turtle is ace! I'm just not fond of the elves on top! I have to say this release is really good [and growing on me]. Some of the models are totally amazing and the overall visual style is really striking. I''ve said it before but I'll say it again- I'd love some of the small aquatic critters for basing my Kharadrons- I'd love it if they did a separate kit of them as basing material /fish swarm. Hopefully I might pick up some from bitz sellers. But some of the models are very tempting as painting projects by themselves - which seems to be the case more and more with GW releases, long may it continue.

The Eidolon of the Storm is superb, loved the first build, but that mask and grimace is absoloutley awesome. I dontthink I can reesist this release, going to have to get the Ediolon, a few of the eyeless Aelves with gliaves and bows, some characters, and a merwyrm. Don;t really care much for the floating fishes and turtles, I'm sure someone will convince me otherwise somehow.

5 hours ago, Sete said:

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

That flying turtel is so goofy, it ruins the whole picture...

Have to agree, the lack of four* elephants carrying a discworld is unforgivable. How dare you,  GW. ^^

*once there were five, but one slipped and fell onto the discworld, resulting in the fat mines of Schmalzberg. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

So I have been doing a bit of thinking about the rest of the year and it seems at this point that we can pretty accurately predict what is coming for the rest of the year. 

So far confirmed we have

April- Deepkin and Shadespire 

Spring -bloodbowl chaos, Van saar Necromunda, imperial Knights with minis, Harlequins, deathwatch.

Summer-  aos magic,  nighthaunt,  new bloodbowl and Necromunda,  genestealer cults, orks, space wolves 

Autumn new bloodbowl and Necromunda,  adeptus Titanicus (99% confirmed) ghb2018

Winter-  chapter approved 2018

No date yet- kill team with new scenery, Shadespire season 2

Not confirmed but highly likely :

New aos starter, new stormcast minis and book, ork minis,  scenery bundles, new battleforces

Possible: new 40k legion,  space Wolf minis,  Gorkamorka 

That schedule does not leave much room for surprises. I think therefore that we will not see another battletome after stormcast/ nighthaunt in 2018.

2018's gonna be awesome right ? :D 

Side note : I would put Orks and Genestealers Cults in the "highly likely" category : so far we only have the 4chan schedule saying Orks in June (schedule already not entirely on track anymore - Faiet reported educated guesses and obvious changes), and no words on GSC. The French rumormongers have said Gorkamorka summer and Orks in December.

The scenery bundles are "confirmed" too, pic related, as well as the new Stormcast (see the Shadespire card logo and pointy hat SCE artwork). 

I agree with @Tonhel we should see another "big" army end part of 2018, probably Slaanesh (but it's maybe only 40k), but the Nighthaunt and SCE release will be bigger than 2-3 kits (because Shadespire and/or Starter set). 

Vale of Ghyran - Copy.jpg

• Like 3

@HorticulusTGA I find it really hard to believe that gw will delay the Ork codex so much, especially as they are putting them out at such a rate (5 already this year). I expect them to finish all the  new versions of existing 40k codexes by the end of the summer. I mainly wrote that list to show that there is not much space for a moonclan or a darkoath book until next year. If we do get a surprising release at the end of the year it will most likely be for 40k.

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

What I found interesting in the scenery leaks is the one with several packs of ruins also had aos objective markers. Which aos doesn't yet have.

Yes, due for this Autumn, this set is yet another hint a of a proper AOS 2.0 this summer, just like last yeah 40k 8th. brought out new 40k tactical objectives ! (Note the new logo on the set but not on the Ghyran one).

@Chikout yes I too can't see them in 2018, but 2019 seems entirely possible. I hope we'll also see the Grotbag Scuttlers one day. 

A end-of-the-year 2018 Slaanesh release could be a good transition between 2018's Malign Portents narrative arc and a 2019 Fate of Slaanesh's new arc (as the Slaanesh release could happen without giving away the God's whereabout, just as we already have Hosts of Slaanesh and 3 sub factions rules without Her/Him). Later in 2019 we'll get Shadowkin and Lightkin aelves. 

Alas, with the Emperor's Children and Fulrigm rumors out there it will probably be first a 40k-only release as you say. 

36 minutes ago, Imperial said:

What they mean by "Gorkamorka"? Battletome? Codex? Miniatures aos/40k? 

A new Boxed set / boxed game with new buggy etc. Remember the Orkish wheel Rumor engine ?

Desolate Township - Copy.jpg

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

By goofy I take you mean awesome and by ruin I take it you mean enhance!!!!!

"goofy, goofier, goofiest - giant turtle with elves on top paddling over a battlefield"

Usually I'm really tolerant, but I just can't compromise on this one. I'm sorry. :(

Edited by Spiny Norman

2 minutes ago, Sete said:

One thing I dislike is the fact that it seems all heroes are support/mage class. No foot combat hero :(

Soulrenders look pretty combat to me ;) also it's their lore that big lords are warriors, then there are Mage-Builders and Thralls. 

The Isharann are all mages, the one with the Octopus is a character. The eyepatch guy on the Deepmare is a character, I’m guessing the other build is generic. The Akhelian are the marital ones (eel and shark riders and the seahorse characters) and the Namarti are the soulless ‘thralls’.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The Isharann are all mages, the one with the Octopus is a character. The eyepatch guy on the Deepmare is a character, I’m guessing the other build is generic. The Akhelian are the marital ones (eel and shark riders and the seahorse characters) and the Namarti are the soulless ‘thralls’.

The thralls  are not soulless. They all have congenital soul defects. The raids are done to acquire  unwilling soul essence donors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

"goofy, goofier, goofiest - giant turtle with elves on top paddling over a battlefield"

Usually I'm really tolerant, but I just can't compromise on this one. I'm sorry. :(

You don't need tolerance to appreciate a giant flying  war turtle chariot, you just need love and joy in your heart. And you don't need to apologize to us because you're dead inside, can't feel joy, and don't love the greatest thing ever - you should apologize to yourself.  

You can't rain on this parade, Mr. No-Fun-Norman! We'll just fly over those clouds, riding our enchanted sky turtle chariots through the rainbow into a magical world of wonderment.

*queue  90's cartoon theme music*
"Giant Magic Flying Tuuurtles, GIANT MAGIC FLYYING TUUURRTLES, GIANT MAGIC FLYYYING TUUUURRRRTLES..."

Edited by Rou Dantes
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2