The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Is there any info of how Scourge Privateers relate with Deepkin? I thought that SP would be incorporated to Deepkin. 

I was hoping so but I don't think they will. Even with the eye patch Lord on Seahorse looking very piratey, I just don't think they will. Of course, they can be allied to the SP faction. In some ways, even their lore overlaps aside from just being aelves (eg: Realm Reavers battalion and the ID being referred to as 'reavers' themselves...)

• Like 1

I deem these bottom-feeder barnacle-boys worthy adversaries.  

The turtle fortress and octopus and encroaching on Spiderfang territory, but i'll take it as a compliment. 

If gaming in the last 20 years has learned me anything its that these guys will be weak against lighting elemental damage. Also a hard counter for them will be plastic bags and those plastic things that hold beer cans together. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

30 minutes ago, Infeston said:

But the style of the Deepkin fit Order. If GW would have designed them the way I would have wished for they propably would have been part of Destruction.

This is very true. Although having said that, the Daughters of Khaine stretch the definition of 'Order' almost to breaking point. And as we all (hopefully) know from real life, deformity needn't be synonymous with evil, although it's often used lazily that way in popular culture.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Looking at that video I count. 

Foot guys (dual build?)

Archers (dual build?)

Eels (dual build!)

Big eels with two riders (dual build?)

Big turtle (4 builds apparently) 

Big water cloak guy (dual build apparently )

Sea horse guy

Big helmet pilot light guy

Octopus bodyguard lady

Jumping lady

Bald staff guy.

Scenery.

That is eleven kits so far. GW have confirmed there is more we haven't seen yet.

Guess that 8 kit rumour was false. What an amazing release. This will be the army I spend the next two years building and painting for sure.

Yeah ! And each unit are apparently multiple build ; I count 3 eels types, 2 sharks types, and there will be apparently 4 turtles types too...

I love them. I totally love them. 

1521701084516.jpg

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Killax said:

Love the new look and design largerly.

Except for that infantry, does it lack eyes? Was it just not painted on? It looks a bit strange to me.

Creatures that live in the darkest depths evolve and lose their eyes. I think that's what they're going for there.

8 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Looking through those images, that is a *big* hero 6...

Yeah super awesome:
AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin3kvdkig.jp

Also check out all the spoilers being awnsered. See the hook in the left? 

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin4kvcdjgs.jAdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin2jvdc.jpg
Chain-hand

But I'd personally head-swap these. No eyes:
AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin1gfdwcs.jp

2 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Creatures that live in the darkest depths evolve and lose their eyes. I think that's what they're going for there.

I'm sure it makes sence in the narrative but I love the models except the heads.

5 minutes ago, Imperial said:

So 2 new box for nighthaunt (coach and foot ghosts) and atleast 1 for SCE in shadespire announce ... interesting

Yeah lots of things! I am happy to see wave 2 being set in Shadespire too. 

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

Just now, Yokai said:

I am shocked - shocked, I say - that no one has mentioned the return of Lokhir Fellheart as a "made to order" model:

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-MTO11gcslg-500x37

Well you can rest assured that MANY people wanted WFB back, this way they can at least obtain a lot of WFB models still also.

Though to be honest, GW has done this for a while allready, I just think they will focus a little bit more on this as they used to. 

Unfortunatly the span of model availability does seem to last just a few months...

Love the Lokhir model, even if in End Times he turned into a ****. :D

I still use him as a Fleetmaster model, though his old rules seemed so cool. Never played the game then though, was he actually good? 

I've also got that sorceress model on the drakespawn too. I might just end up using her as a female knight if they kill her compendium rules currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infeston said:

Never had a comment sum up my feelings about the Deepkin as well as yours. This was exactly what I felt during the reveal. I had expected a bit more creativity.

The models I like the most are the guy with the octopus, the scythebearer and the guy on the gaint seahorse (not the guy especially but the seahorse). I also find the rest of the models a bit underwhelming. The eels and the sharks also look kinda derpy. 

The turtle looks also cool but for me it is also based too much on a real turtle. The Mathlann avatar also looks too aelvish for me. I think I would like him better if he didn't have such a "perfect" face or would have looked lesser "humanoid"

But you pretty much sum up my feelings with your comment. Nevertheless they look cool. But I would have expected more creative experiments. ;-)

But the style of the Deepkin fit Order. If GW would have designed them the way I would have wished for they propably would have been part of Destruction.

The Octopus dude is dope, both due tu his astetics as well as his little friend. With the whole range its intersting to see what GW can do if they don't stick with classic and "conventional" ideas. The whole line is a nice combination of, Dark and High Elves as well as new ideas. The sharks and eels are a weak link, I have to agree with you and @Jamie the Jasper, but I somehow have the feeling this is in parts due to the paint job, to much smooth surfaces with a flat paint job, some structures or patterns on the skin might work wonders. And an even lighting as wel - the lights in the promo videos are really doing more damage than good to the models.

Mathlann is a tricky fellow - he sets himself apart through the silver armor, where other models have a blackish-blueish one. He really suffers from the silver-blue monocrome paint.

After seeing the ID, I wonder what death and other factions to come will hold in store. GW raised the bar with this.

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 1

I guess I don't really get where they're going with the whole Warhammer Legends stuff. All of the stuff was available in the original compendium, and then in the new compendium they got rid of a whole bunch of the less unique stuff and said count it as the regular version while they changed the more unique individuals to actually have non-synergistic but still unique rules.

So it really just puzzles me that they're making a big deal about this. It's not like you can suddenly build a Compendium 1.0 Dark Elf army again. So why would I take old Morathi? or say Tyrion or whatever? Maybe they took the feedback of "I want to use my Morathi model in my Age of Sigmar armies" as "I'm not happy the Sorceress on Dark Pegasus isn't called Morathi anymore" as opposed to "I can't use the Sorceress on Dark Pegasus in my Darkling Covens army" - similar feedback on other interesting models in the compendium that got de-synergized.

Dunno, just really puzzled by it. I don't really see the excitement behind it, but am interested to see what it actually means.

The only thing I'm potentially excited for is the return of Dogs of War? Menghils Manflayers make an appearance in that Made to Order shot, so could be we get rules for them? I guess I'm a bit downer on stuff we already have rules for (in the compendium or otherwise), but interested to see if we get some of the even more interesting older stuff.

As for the Deepkin. I have mixed feelings on them at the moment, and eagerly await more information and better images. There are some stuff people are stoked on - Dude with Octopus - Which to me, I kinda need to know the 'why' behind the model to really get into him. The eel heads feel a bit derpy, but otherwise there are some very impressive models in the range. But there are some absolutely amazing models in the range as well. I think everyone's in love with the guy with the water cape, and so am I!

The other stuff is all cool but very teaserish at this stage. Lots of speculation about the death magic ball (returned purple sun?) and the other tidbits we got. It's cool to basically have it confirmed that Death has more stuff along the way. Looks like we've got an interesting few months coming up.

Edited by someone2040

27 minutes ago, Killax said:

Unfortunatly the span of model availability does seem to last just a few months...

Some times not even that much. I think the last Necromunda made or order batch was what, a week of preorder then a week of being available? Though they seem to be doing it as an almost dedicated side project, so there's no telling how they'll handle it. I'm guessing old WHFB characters may get warscrolls back and maybe some of the old units that in the compendium warscrolls that don't have rules, but have a count as conversion at the bottom. I would assume that this is will be the long term home of the current compendium warscrolls. I believe it was reported that they won't have matched play points, which I'm sure will be a bitter sweet trade off for some. Does anybody know if those models that are in that picture are all metal? From what I understand, metal is a lot easier to do in small batches, so I wonder if all the made to order stuff will be metal.

As far as other stuff that was announced or teased, I like the aesthetic of the elves themselves(but not the eyeless ones as much), but something in my brain is still telling me something isn't quite right when ever I look at the flying sea creatures they're riding. Not that they look bad, just feel off. Probably the one I'm most mixed on that others seem to like is water cape guy. Mostly because I've never been a bit fan of staticly modeled smoke, liquid and other similarly dynamically moving stuff. I do like how they're a nice mix of the old high elf and dark elf aesthetic for something new, especially with the more important "elfy" looking ones being more high elf and the thralls looking far more dark elf.

Even thought we don't really have any information on the brief  death tease, I am excited that it looks like a new black coach so I can stop trying to figure out how to kitbash one that doesn't look terrible. Maybe I'll be going back to my Nighthaunt after all. I don't play Shadespire, but I still want to see what the models looks like. I'd be more interested in the models as drop in replacements for existing models than the warbands similar to how I'm planning to use the Fyreslayer warband leader as a Runefather on foot rather than his character. The big purple moon thing, whether its a death model or something else, I have to say I'm not crazy about it. It's not that bad, but it's going to have to have a some pretty decent lore and rules for me to take a look at it.

My only real disappointment is that I was hoping they'd announce some kind of plan to get the AoS battletomes out soon, similar to how they committed to the rapid fire codex release after 40k 8th came out. We do seem to be on a book a month pace this year so far, but who knows what the rest of the year looks like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah ! And each unit are apparently multiple build ; I count 3 eels types, 2 sharks types, and there will be apparently 4 turtles types too...

I love them. I totally love them. 

1521701084516.jpg

Thanks for the compilation. From what we have seen we should get:
- 6 Heroes, of which one is on a seaunicorn* and Mathlaan as a center piece.
- 1 Infatry box, dual build (bow/arrow, two-handed weapons) 10 guys
- 1 dual-build eels (handewapons/3 fin heads; spears, monofin head) seems to be 4 guys a unit
- 1 Sharkbox, apears to be a monobuild unit, nevertheless offering a bit of variation in the exact poses of the riders.
- 1 floating turtle, apears to be a monobuild with two different headoptions for the ride and riders, maybe thos are a dual kit, but I can't see any differences between the two turtles exept headoptions.
- the wrack

From the FB summary video, it sounded as if we havent seen everything, but the line seams pretty rounded so far.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

So it really just puzzles me that they're making a big deal about this. It's not like you can suddenly build a Compendium 1.0 Dark Elf army again. So why would I take old Morathi? or say Tyrion or whatever? Maybe they took the feedback of "I want to use my Morathi model in my Age of Sigmar armies" as "I'm not happy the Sorceress on Dark Pegasus isn't called Morathi anymore" as opposed to "I can't use the Sorceress on Dark Pegasus in my Darkling Covens army" - similar feedback on other interesting models in the compendium that got de-synergized.

Dunno, just really puzzled by it. I don't really see the excitement behind it, but am interested to see what it actually means.

This really annoyed me when I returned to the hobby. I get killing characters, fine. Lokhir is still Lokhir, just a rubbish version called a Fleetmaster. Malus can just be a Dreadlord on Drakespawn, or even relegate as I probably will to a dreadknight captain or whatever they are.

However, the none-named lords and stuff just being dumped frustrated me no end. Yeah, don't include old scuplts in Battalions or whatever for the sake of moving the setting forward, but don't just outright remove Dreadlords on foot or Drakespawn (why not Order Serpentis???), the Sorceress on Drakespawn could go in Covens or Serpentis (preferably Serpentis) and like you say, keep Pegasus in Covens. It means those of us who own the models can use them within the Faction and those who don't could convert or rush out to buy when on made to order. 

It's all in the name of progress I guess. It's just made some of my choices very, very narrow. 

• Like 1