The Rumour Thread

This rumormill picture, along with a previous one that looks suspiciously like the spectral ghosts from the undead range  makes me more hopeful that there will be new death models in the second half of 2018. Looks like LoN, despite not adding a lot of new things, does unlock the whole range of death to hardcore death fans like myself, so I'll be able to amuse myself loads until that time comes. :)

42 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm doubtful that it's a gravesite marker. Usually it's months between rumor engine pics and the actual model release!

Usually, but not always. They had a rumour engine of some death guard stuff (vials, I think?) that was revealed almost immediately after.

• Like 1

Small thing:

Adepticon updated their AoS tourney rules recently. Previously the cutoff for new releases was Feb. 22nd, now it's March 3. The last time they did this it was due to Guillamen . This time, could be nothing, could be a hint at DOK on the 22nd or 3rd.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Small thing:

Adepticon updated their AoS tourney rules recently. Previously the cutoff for new releases was Feb. 22nd, now it's March 3. The last time they did this it was due to Guillamen . This time, could be nothing, could be a hint at DOK on the 22nd or 3rd.

So if it's true  DoK should be avaiable for preorder on the 22 and released on 3rd of March.  

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

So if it's true  DoK should be avaiable for preorder on the 22 and released on 3rd of March.  

Which might actually fit the timescale we saw last year with the overlords. A release roughly 4-6 Weeks after the reveal. And if they want to show something new both at AoS Open day and Adepticon it realy helps getting the  DoK out of the way from a hype train perspective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt any new Death is coming anytime soon. 

They are getting huge BT and their line is quite new.  New minis for Death will be probably 100% new take on Death and I doubt they will announce it just after huge BT was released. 

My wild guees at Adepticon : 

- new Aelves (and those could be some kind of "good" or "better" Elves as High Elves factions are absent from Gh2017)

- new Destruction 

antyhing other that those two doesn't make much sense

18 minutes ago, PJetski said:

What could they show us at Adepticon? There's more elves coming according to that tau forum post, but it would be really weird if we didn't get new Death before that.

I honestly doubt that factions' release coincide with Malign Portents sadly. Meaning that, if they want a second Aelf faction before summer, they will release it without much care of what's going on on the narrative side and/or with any justification ("Tyrion is fighting Nagash because his plan will release Slaanesh in the end blablabla...").

My guesses for Adepticon will be the new stormcast-warmachines-chamber, new aelves, moonclan or maybe Malignant/Nighthaunt. I hope it's one of the last two before any Stormcast because if they release a new chamber before anything Death or Destruction there will be some angry comments made at the end and a very unwelcomed bad press.

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I don't know but Morathi has a role in Malign Portents and it's quite easy to connect her with Slaasnesh and Tyrion. I don't know if it happen but it's quite easy to connect Trion Aelves with Malign Portents. 

As it's quite easy to connect every "factions" with Malign Portents :). I mean if they released Tzeentch instead of Nurgle in January, GW would have gave something like "Tzeentch is afraid of Nagash plan because it means unchanging, static life and that the god of change couldn't bear etc...".

What I meant was that Malign Portent in itself will not give any clue about faction release as narrative is not the prime concern for the releases' schedule. So in the end, Death can end up with no new models even if they are the main antagonist in MP. But that's just...like...my opinion man....

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

From narrative point of view they don't need new models  as new models doesn't have any conncection to narrative whatsoever. They're getting huge BT with I supposed big amount of lore and it fits perfectly with MP. 

I like the BT but death needs new models almost all the vampires are finecast save the zombie dragon kit you are barely going to see soulblight armies because they are still finecast and cost an arm and a leg. Plus I doubt GW are shifting any of those 15+ year old zombies. 

Edited by shinros

Maybe they need some new models but they have one of the biggest ranges. And majority of it are quite new plastic boxes and then there is ET stuff. 

I doubt they will get anything unless it's new faction as GW doesn't care Eldar line is majority of units in finecast and much older then any Death model/unit. 

Edited by DantePQ

23 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Maybe they need some new models but they have one of the biggest ranges. And majority of it are quite new plastic boxes and then there is ET stuff. 

I doubt they will get anything unless it's new faction as GW doesn't care Eldar line is majority of units in finecast and much older then any Death model/unit. 

The Blood Knights are very, very old. 

We keep getting the same things repeated about the “huge” Death range. You even agreed many pages back that Death doesn’t have a huge line of models. 

As much as I would like Death models now, I thought I saw a post on the AoS Facebook where the staff said Death was getting new models (though they didn’t say when).  Am I making that up now, or does anyone else have that saved?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

The Blood Knights are very, very old. 

We keep getting the same things repeated about the “huge” Death range. You even agreed many pages back that Death doesn’t have a huge line of models. 

As much as I would like Death models now, I thought I saw a post on the AoS Facebook where the staff said Death was getting new models (though they didn’t say when).  Am I making that up now, or does anyone else have that saved?

Sure but they are pushing older kits as new models and leaders with this BT so there won't be any new Death models anytime soon. 

Any new models will be released along new Death faction/factions which for sure will be KO like releases. But after that BT I wouldn't expect them anytime soon (maybe holiday season/new year). 

• Like 1

So looks like preorders are up on the NZ store.

I have to say, all looks pretty sweet and those dice in particular look like they'll be cool.

One super disappointing thing though... the Corpse Cart is shown on a square base! I really really hope that's just an oversight, because in this day and age, it's criminal to re-sell the kits in Age of Sigmar and not put round bases with them.