The Rumour Thread

As I was trying to figure out if the Lion did wear lion pelts, I stumbled across a picture of Sanguinius with a lion/cat pelt on his shoulder. That of course is a whole different can of worms haha. But really, lets all hope for Undead cat pelt wearing vampires. 

1 minute ago, Caladancid said:

As I was trying to figure out if the Lion did wear lion pelts, I stumbled across a picture of Sanguinius with a lion/cat pelt on his shoulder. That of course is a whole different can of worms haha. But really, lets all hope for Undead cat pelt wearing vampires. 

That's a cheetah pelt. not a lion's.

26 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

That's a cheetah pelt. not a lion's.

I humbly submit that of all the retcons perpetrated by GW, that one wouldn't be too much of an issue haha. 

I certainly hope it's AoS related. But hope...even though this is NuGW, hope frightens me. 

2 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I humbly submit that of all the retcons perpetrated by GW, that one wouldn't be too much of an issue haha. 

I certainly hope it's AoS related. But hope...even though this is NuGW, hope frightens me. 

How dare you even think he'd go for a lesser felinid rather than the all-migthy cheetah, even with the possibility of retcons, you heathen cur!!one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caladancid said:

I think old Sangy is full of worms...

4 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Lions seem pretty pedestrian for AOS, so I would think that it has to be Lion Ranger related if it is AOS.  Too "low fantasy" for some other AOS faction I would think.  GW might as well be more creative for anyone that isn't already sporting a lion theme.

Certainly a valid point. It's because of this that I also don't count out Bloodbowl High Elfs.

s-l500.jpg

These guys seem to have some mates with "Lion gear" aswell. By comparison Blood Bowl designs of late are more akin to WFB as AoS. We also see this when we compair Orcs (sizes, build and armoury) for example. 

60010999003_BloodBowlENG03.jpg
$_57.JPG
Slightly different but different type of thing :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Agreed - I'm fairly sure that GW confirmed some time ago that Sanguinius, Horus, Curze and Ferrus are all dead as dead can be!

They're only mostly dead.

There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PJetski said:

They're only mostly dead.

There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

In my opinion GW has seen the light of how progression continues to make a game interesting.
Characters who are dead and lost are as dead and lost as GW needs them to be. Lore is always changing slightly, edition by edition things are removed from the past or added/thickened and not always in the most logical way or way fans initially read it. 

Sanguinius, Horus, Curze and Ferrus are 'dead dead' but as the plot unfolds we know there are different ways to return. Sanguinius was killed by Chaos, his geneseed affected so his Legions become Vampire like. Vampires have the option to return from 'the dead'. I don't think we'll see Horus soon because we have Abaddon thaking over his role, we can see Abaddon gaining more pieces or powers from Horus later in the story. Both Curze and Ferrus follow death plots that can be affected... It's just a matter of how far GW is willing to go. Which mostly depends on the succession of other models. 

To give an example of how GW usually unfolds things, Khorne was quite popular in WFB, more popular as 40K's World Eaters, while Death Guard (soon to be released) and Thousand Sons certainly where a commonly seen Chaos force. Likely because they shot well and the system rewarded shooting well but it's more or less how things unfold. To me it doesn't come as a coincidence that Khorne was chosen as the main visual antagonist for AoS. WFB fans knew how silly Khorne models could become in WFB and the name Khorne stands parralel with 'way too many attacks' in the minds of WFB players. 

The funny thing is, you still see the ripple Matt Ward caused due to his Ultra Marines fandom. For better or worse I can almost ensure you that the Primaris Space Marines come from Ultra Marines, Guilliman to be precise. Because the fandom displayed here:
1292972246864.png
Set the foundation we work with now. So while initial writers likely didn't want to focus too much on the Ultras, there was one designer/writer who did and now we are here :P 

But this has nothing to do with Rumours, sorry!

When are we going to get the new Fimir? The work in progress Meargh was last seen, I believe, during an open day a fair while ago. The Dirach Balefiend has had points but no model for nearly a year! If anyone is going to Warhammer fest (I can't got this year I'm on holiday) please pester the Forgeworld guys for answers! Thanks! ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N_Watson said:

@Killax Not really a rumour at all, as it is in the GW webpage with a full description ?

Yup, though that's a rumour confirmed. It was also asked if the models would be capable to be kitted out in different ways and the way the box depicts them also confirms all the options are in there. The Flesh Eater Courts variant is probably the nicest, with 20 Ghouls in there :D 

The Ironjaws and Flesh Eater boxes are fantastic add ons to a start collecting box (or the other around). I think the Stormcast one is a bit limited though, as theres no easy way to expand the 3 libs and 2 retributors to 5 man units for regular aos. I think the khorne box is even worse in this regard - 3 blood warriors and the most useless hero in the whole of the bloodbound... sign me up for the first 2 boxes tho!

Stormcast one is a bit of a joke.

The good - Looks like prosecutors are not the starter pack ones (so you can build javelins)

The bad - Starter pack rets and libs. There IS a retributor prime (sweet mercy how many did they make!)

I don't know the price (which might change things) but I wouldn't recommend that box to a player looking to start SCE.

Edit/ Saw price now - 40 British Clams. Awful imo. 10 extra for the regular start collecting (which still inflicts you with the scourge that is a snapfit retributor prime but anyway) gets you 5 proper libs, the same 3 prosecutors, and a celestant in place of the knight questor.

Its about half the price of the original boxset but has only about 50% of what the stormcast half contains.

Edited by Turragor

1 hour ago, Captain Marius said:

The Ironjaws and Flesh Eater boxes are fantastic add ons to a start collecting box (or the other around). I think the Stormcast one is a bit limited though, as theres no easy way to expand the 3 libs and 2 retributors to 5 man units for regular aos. I think the khorne box is even worse in this regard - 3 blood warriors and the most BADASS LOOKING hero in the whole of the bloodbound... sign me up for the first 2 boxes tho!

I've corrected that for you. (Also he's not that bad for 80 points)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Turragor said:

but I wouldn't recommend that box to a player looking to start SCE.

Well it isn't meant for that now is it....O.o

Those boxes are designed to easily build a warband for Skirmish. A game we don't know the full rules to, (the twitch stream didn't really offer all the designing warbands details) and you are bashing for not being suitable to start a full scale army...

3 hours ago, Turragor said:

The bad - Starter pack rets and libs.

This of course is very true ;) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Well it isn't meant for that now is it....O.o

Those boxes are designed to easily build a warband for Skirmish. A game we don't know the full rules to, (the twitch stream didn't really offer all the designing warbands details) and you are bashing for not being suitable to start a full scale army...

I meant for SCE of any sort. Small warband and up. It's just an unattractive box. I am afraid you cannot defend it, though you may try.

Would you not want a bit of weapon or equipment choice (provided by most of the other boxes) and options that come from the full warscrolls when building a skirmish warband?

If anything it's more of an issue in a small warband game than in a full scale army.

That said I am not super fussed, I wouldn't be the target of said box.

I am just noting that any player who wants to start skirmishing with SCE would do well to avoid it.

That is of course unless warbands are cookie cutter with no variation.

Or there could be a bunch of extra paladin and liberator parts in it!