The Rumour Thread

i think weather or not Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz are combined, depends on if Ironjawz get any new models, and unfortunately i dont think any exisisting battletome armies that get updated this year, will recieve anything other than a new character within a dual box like Flesh Eaters and Skaven.
my thoughts are that Fyreslayers werent combined with other dwarfs as they may not be sure what to do with dispossed yet, and so they got a disappointing release. Flesh Eaters were sort of the same, they couldnt be combined with anything to make the book bigger as within their lore most of them despise nagash.

basically my prediction going forward is that the following armies will only get terrain and/or spells with their battletome
-Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Khardron Overlords, Tzeentch, Bonesplittaz, Ironjawz

Beastclaw Raiders will probably be combined with the other Ogors in an upcoming book that probably comes with some new models
Everchosen will be combined with Slaves to Darkness and come with new models (mostly Darkoath and Varanguard on foot)
Soulblight will most likely see a standalone release, or a brand new death army will come out

as a side note, can Kharadron Overlords please stop going on about how desperately you NEED a new book and expecting to be the next release. except for Khorne, theyre updating the aos1 books without allegience abilities/those who got them in the ghb first, which means youll be one of the last few to be updated.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

as a side note, can Kharadron Overlords please stop going on about how desperately you NEED a new book and expecting to be the next release. except for Khorne, theyre updating the aos1 books without allegience abilities/those who got them in the ghb first, which means youll be one of the last few to be updated.

KO actually does not have AA . I mean they have AA that does not effect the army outside of deployment phase. 

And yes we understand how GW want to update armies, but I personally fear that KO would be AoS version of FB britonia... GW can't balance shooting in AoS and totally unhappy how shooting army works. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

KO actually does not have AA . I mean they have AA that does not effect the army outside of deployment phase.

im sorry, what? alleigence abilities are made up of Battle Traits, Command Traits, Artefacts and Skyports (or Stormhosts, Khaine Temples, Fyreslayer Lodges etc for other armies). they most definately do have battle traits that can affect more than just deployment

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

im sorry, what? alleigence abilities are made up of Battle Traits, Command Traits, Artefacts and Skyports (or Stormhosts, Khaine Temples, Fyreslayer Lodges etc for other armies). they most definately do have battle traits that can affect more than just deployment

I think you are greatly overestimating how useful they are lol. They are all basically useless none of them are good. So bad we may as well not even have any. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

my thoughts are that Fyreslayers werent combined with other dwarfs as they may not be sure what to do with dispossed yet, and so they got a disappointing release. 

There's an interesting snippet on 'duardin' alliance in the fyreslayers book. :v

I think simple reason is that Fyreslayer are more related to Grimnir and Disspossesed are going to be  more for Grugni (with KO not caring for the Gods). I think GW are at least playing the each Incarnate has their own armies in AoS.

And for release I think not all battletome release will get new models, but I have a feeling certain ones will.

Edited by novakai

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I just tell that. KO are not fun to play right now as well as play agains them. Most (if not all) of factions that represented in ghb better developed from gameplay perspective. I would easily pick dispossessed battalion with tempest eye vs KO if I decide to have fun and interesting game for me and my opponent. So ofc GW will not release KO battletome until they understand how shooting should work in AoS, but we must complain about KO problems if we want to have any chances to see some changes. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

I just tell that. KO are not fun to play right now as well as play agains them. Most (if not all) of factions that represented in ghb better developed from gameplay perspective. I would easily pick dispossessed battalion with tempest eye vs KO if I decide to have fun and interesting game for me and my opponent. So ofc GW will not release KO battletome until they understand how shooting should work in AoS, but we must complain about KO problems if we want to have any chances to see some changes. 

Also KO is THE worst faction for young players to start playing. A ton of different weapon options for most of their units. Lots of things to remember at the start of and end of phases and this is all before picking artycles, footnotes, amandments and sky ports. Also young people IMO often loose interest when loosing a lot . KO are easily defeated so they also loose a lot when facing real opponents and not just jolly narratives.

at the moment on the job we had a wave og youngsters that instantly fell in love with AOS last year and in a shopping spree all bought lots of KO stuff. Yet its a mess everytime they play. They constantly forget stuff, weapons and havenabsolutely no idea that the big bad ass looking ships they are are picked to pieces on the first sight of combat.

Its a full time job helping these guys and girls having a good time playing with KO these days.

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Also KO is THE worst faction for young players to start playing. 

Nah. The worst would be something that may not have any updates at all.

That being said, when introducing new players, I always start with the narrative, then find a battletome army they'll enjoy. And I recommend Ironjaws and BCR over KO, anyday.  🤣

33 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Those ARE mortals in the Slaanesh art and they look gorgeous. More intricate armor with spikes, more jewelry, collars, slicker swords...

I really hope these designs translate to models.

I hope so.. but surely then the miniatures will have too much musculature instead of thin depraved.. :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of rumor engines, with the new rumor about the renovation of bonesplitterz, maybe the scales pictures, are from a new wurzag/shaman in plastic?

Dec11-RumourEngine2jvfrhn.jpg

99800209025_BonesplittazWurrgog02.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, zamerion said:

I hope so.. but surely then the miniatures will have too much musculature instead of thin depraved..

That’s kinda true. Let’s hope that there actually are mortal units in the making first, and that they actually look like Slaanesh worshipers then.

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

I hope so.. but surely then the miniatures will have too much musculature instead of thin depraved.. :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of rumor engines, with the new rumor about the renovation of bonesplitterz, maybe the scales pictures, are from a new wurzag/shaman in plastic?

Dec11-RumourEngine2jvfrhn.jpg

99800209025_BonesplittazWurrgog02.jpg

I don't want to get my hopes too high, but Bonesplitterz do need a legitimate Plastic hero (not one that has his foot sculpted into a square base) and the Wurrgog Prophet is the most important hero in that range, so I be glad if it was Plastic Wurrzag

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i think weather or not Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz are combined, depends on if Ironjawz get any new models, and unfortunately i dont think any exisisting battletome armies that get updated this year, will recieve anything other than a new character within a dual box like Flesh Eaters and Skaven.
my thoughts are that Fyreslayers werent combined with other dwarfs as they may not be sure what to do with dispossed yet, and so they got a disappointing release. Flesh Eaters were sort of the same, they couldnt be combined with anything to make the book bigger as within their lore most of them despise nagash.

Firstly, I would agree with your point about Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz, if FEC and Fyreslayers didn't exist.  Both of those Orruk armies have the same or (in IJ's case) more kits than either of the armies that just got new books.  Both IJ and Bonesplittaz have 1st edition books.  It's quite clear that GW are comfortable with these armies keeping their own identity as a singular army.  There is precisely zero evidence that they will ever be combined in any way,

Additionally, if there are so many KO players that you are apparently getting annoyed at the outcry, then you have your answer right there.  KO NEED a new book because they are a cool and popular army, and a lot of players (customers) want a revamp.  GW sell models man.  Do you honestly think that they care about Allegience Abilities when determining their production schedule?

• Like 2

So many or just a vocal few, frequency of outcry doesnt directly correlate with number of players it could well just be the same players repeating themselves.

The Bonesplittas concept seem like they'd benefit from their own tome still, I'd had to homogenise all of the Orruks into a single tome as it'd likely water down either the Jawz or the Splittas unique elements (might is right, or mysticism etc)

• Like 2

Although bonesplitterz could do with an update , they should start with the older battletomes or armies that have no battletome.  before you say it I know bonesplitterz is kinda old but they do have a proper allegiance abilities and items and spells. there are older tomes that need an update first

• Like 2

Thing is, as a Grand Alliance, Destruction has the least number of 2.0 battletomes. 

Chaos is almost finished and only needs Tzeentch and Slaves to Darkness (assuming Everchosen gets rolled into Slaves)
Death is finished in terms of 2.0 (though there is some terrain/endless spells needed)
Order is just a general mishmash

Destruction could do with some attention and if GW plans to merge the Ogors into a single Tome and possibly the Orruks too then that's only 2 Tomes to get the whole Grand Alliance up to standard - possibly 3. 

2 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

So many or just a vocal few, frequency of outcry doesnt directly correlate with number of players it could well just be the same players repeating themselves.

The Bonesplittas concept seem like they'd benefit from their own tome still, I'd had to homogenise all of the Orruks into a single tome as it'd likely water down either the Jawz or the Splittas unique elements (might is right, or mysticism etc)

A vocal few. I win plenty with my KO. I really just want endless spells for them. Though I could easily see dispossessed getting folded in to give them line troops too. They don’t have a way to weather blobs and that hurts. Let them shoot from their boats just like the novels, that would be a game changer too.

One thought - everyone keeps going on that Slaanesh might get more, yet so far everything Slaanesh we've seen is very Age of Sigmar. The "more" could well be 40K focused things. Such as new noise marines, conversion kits for rhinos and landraiders, a new unique model that is for 40K etc... 

Don't forget the terrain and endless spells won't jump over to 40K and Slaanesh is in as much need in 40K as in AoS for updates. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

One thought - everyone keeps going on that Slaanesh might get more, yet so far everything Slaanesh we've seen is very Age of Sigmar. The "more" could well be 40K focused things. Such as new noise marines, conversion kits for rhinos and landraiders, a new unique model that is for 40K etc... 

Don't forget the terrain and endless spells won't jump over to 40K and Slaanesh is in as much need in 40K as in AoS for updates. 

We will definitely see Emperor's Children stuff eventually,  but not with this release. With both nurgle and Tzeentch the daemon and mortal releases were separated for 40k but combined for AoS. I don't see this being any different. That lets GW do an aos release which is also good for 40k players, and then do another dedicated 40k release later. 

• Like 2

Not sure where this idea of  IJ and Bonesplittersz fused together is coming from: Thematically they work better as separated armies, and as others have pointed out, battletomes like FEC or Fyreslayers proves that GW is still ok with armies with a limited range. They're even differentiated factions in Warcry, something that won't make sense if they're going to be reunited before/at a similar date.

I could have seen vanilla orcs fused with IronJawz (or with regular goblins) but seems like those miniatures are done for good.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jator said:

Not sure where this idea of  IJ and Bonesplittersz fused together is coming from: Thematically they work better as separated armies, and as others have pointed out, battletomes like FEC or Fyreslayers proves that GW is still ok with armies with a limited range. They're even differentiated factions in Warcry, something that won't make sense if they're going to be reunited before/at a similar date.

I could have seen vanilla orcs fused with IronJawz (or with regular goblins) but seems like those miniatures are done for good.

Yeah, people seem to have combined tome fever lately. Ogors combining, Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz combining, dwarfs combining.

Honestly, I cannot see Orruks combining. The themes are unique and strong, you have bone for your unhinged primal orruks, and Ironjawz for your more intellegent (relatively), larger orruks in armor. Given the fact we've seen orruks as basing material on stormcast and Ironjawz was a brand new range, I'd put my money on new sculpts coming for Ironjawz. Especially now that greenskinz are gone. All that remains of the old, butt stuck out, Orc line are ardboyz.

They have all this free room to create something new for an iconic faction, and we've seen the modelers incorporating some into other models. An Orc refresh is due, and this sets the scene perfectly.

Edited by Shankelton
Grammar
  • LOVE IT! 1

So, now that Fyreslayers are out without dual army box, what is your bet for the next dual army box? AoS or 40K? Having FEC+Skaven (AoS) the recently Vanguard+CSM (40K), folowing this alternate pattern, we shouild have AoS.

But for the army, this is more blured. I've read few pages back something with Sylvaneth which sound like good contenders.