The Rumour Thread

I agree that it’s highly likely that ironjaws and bonesplitters will receive similar treatment to Boc and be thrown in together.

I also expect ogors n bcr to receive similar treatment. Moves of this kind make good business sense - it increases the demand of all units involved. Plus it resolves the tactical limitations to both sides of each faction. 

21 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I agree that it’s highly likely that ironjaws and bonesplitters will receive similar treatment to Boc and be thrown in together.

I also expect ogors n bcr to receive similar treatment. Moves of this kind make good business sense - it increases the demand of all units involved. Plus it resolves the tactical limitations to both sides of each faction. 

It doesn't make much sense lore-wise, though.  Ironjawz and Greenskins I can understand and is logical since Ardboyz are recruited from the toughest Greenskins, but Bonesplitters and Ironjawz are worlds apart from a philosophical perspective.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

It doesn't make much sense lore-wise, though.  Ironjawz and Greenskins I can understand and is logical since Ardboyz are recruited from the toughest Greenskins, but Bonesplitters and Ironjawz are worlds apart from a philosophical perspective.

You could say the same about spider riders and night goblins, or thunderscorn and beastmen. 

As we have seen, to say it doesn’t make sense lore wise doesn’t really mean that much because lore can develop and change. 

On 4/16/2019 at 12:24 AM, Overread said:

People (and skaven) remember we must remain united in these trying times. Remember the values of kith and kin, of family and of proper decency  as GW asks our thoughts again

Remember the ashes of the fallen

Remember your mothers

VOTE FOR TOMB KINGS! 

I TK-ed the living **** out of those last two questions.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • LOVE IT! 1

I feel if they where planning to merge them, they would have not phased out the regular Greenskinz since their soup tome are usually in a combo of three. 

for the Bonesplitterz rumor I remember their was a unsolved rumor engine that looked like a Bonesplitterz spear released quite a while ago.

• Like 1

There seems to be an awful lot of speculation that GW will merge factions who already have battletomes...

Seems extremely unlikely to me, the only previous 'battletomed' faction to be merged is Pestilens. and I think the only did that is because it would have being too much effort in the short-term to bring it up-to-date as a full faction. While their model lines are a little small, bonesplitterz and ironjawz only need (and will likely receive) a bit of terrain and an endless spell.

I fully believe that once all the current model lines have battletomes or are retired, GW will actually break up some of these soup-tomes (like legions of nagash and skaven) into full sub factions. They're only here to make the model lines playable in the meantime.

Edited by Toddy
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Toddy said:

There seems to be an awful lot of speculation that GW will merge factions who already have battletomes...

Seems extremely unlikely to me, the only previous 'battletomed' faction to be merged is Pestilens. and I think the only did that is because it would have being too much effort in the short-term to bring it up-to-date as a full faction. While their model lines are a little small, bonesplitterz and ironjawz only need (and will likely receive) a bit of terrain and an endless spell.

I fully believe that once all the current model lines have battletomes or are retired, GW will actually break up some of these soup-tomes (like legions of nagash and skaven) into full sub factions. They're only here to make the model lines playable in the meantime.

Well from what O have seen, it looks like Gw is going to update all the army’s in a way they mentioned them just like I told the Army previews we got at the beginning of aos 2.0,

meaning that beastclaw raiders, etc. Will be staying their own thing.

But than again I could be wrong🤷‍♂️

Honestly if there's more I'd be very (happily) surprised at this stage. When GW did Daugthers of Khaine the only thing they held back on was a full view of Morathi, otherwise they showed it all and they tend to show most of what they reveal in the video. Often leaving out photos and details of one or two things shown until later, but they all appear in the video itself. 

And they've done that this time too - they didn't show off photos of the terrain feature nor did then name or detail the twins and mirror model. 

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly if there's more I'd be very (happily) surprised at this stage. When GW did Daugthers of Khaine the only thing they held back on was a full view of Morathi, otherwise they showed it all and they tend to show most of what they reveal in the video. Often leaving out photos and details of one or two things shown until later, but they all appear in the video itself. 

And they've done that this time too - they didn't show off photos of the terrain feature nor did then name or detail the twins and mirror model. 

There is more - gw stated that there were more models on top of what was seen in the vid/pictures. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

16 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

The fire torch under "Very likely sisters of battle" is on Abanddon's base.

Sure about that? Its not the same to me... the torch look more like the one on roboute base, but still its not the same (you can tell it by the way of the fire flow).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

The stitched thing is the cloak for the new Chaos marine executioner dude

Nope, that rumour was released after executioner was revealed. There was older stitched cloak rumour and that was the executioner.

I have two guesses - it's either new Fabius Bile or some Drukhari named character (maybe Vect or new Urien Rakarth).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, michu said:

Nope, that rumour was released after executioner was revealed. There was older stitched cloak rumour and that was the executioner.

I have two guesses - it's either new Fabius Bile or some Drukhari named character (maybe Vect or new Urien Rakarth).

Fabius Bile would be great with the all slaanesh thing.