The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

So they effectively have to forge their spells into runes before the battle, and then unleash them in combat? 

Less forge spells and more "I have a bit of Grimnir's essence inside me, I will use it to summon wall of lava or giant fiery salamander!".

EDIT: And to be honest, gods blessings were always magic under another name - that was one of the reasons Diederick became Archaon.

Edited by michu

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

If they're not the power of the gods, then what are they? Where does the power/effect come from? What makes them distinct from magic? 

The act of believing in something. The core book confirms that prayers and worship have power. The concept of "Believes shaping reality" is shown multiple Times in Shyish where the underworlds are shaped by a cultures images of the afterlive. 

A little like the Ork Gestalt field in 40K.

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 2

So all of them come on the table on a 3+. Better Prismatic Palisade, better Purple Skull,  and better Quicksilver Sword. And no one can do anything to them aside from the player who cast it.

Sigmar is doomed!! This is clearly way to overpowered! Games Workshop knows nothing about balance. Vulkites are the new Witch Aelves! Power creep is real! Half Life three is just a cake! All GW wants is money they don’t care about rules or balance! You fools don’t realize the end is coming!

There I beat all the naysayers. 😉

Overall they do look strong, I am curious about how long they can stay on the table. Is it going to be a 5+ to stay like Khorne’s Judgements? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It's a broad wording so it can cover all possibilities and leave no loopholes for exploit. 

Haha.

You can make "benefit" so broad it's awesome.  My allied unit is in melee combat.  My wizard casts a spell from my spell lore that does D3 MW to the unit they are fighting against.  Hooray, my ally benefits from that!  Oh wait, they can't benefit, boo, no MWs.

I use my allegiance ability free movement to shuffle one of my units onto an objective.  I get some objective points and win the battle!  Hooray, my allied units benefit from winning the match!  Oh wait, they can't.  Boo I guess I lose.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Prayers arent tied directly to a gods action. Khaine is dead just like Grimnir but the prayers of the Daughters of Khaine still work. 

He's dead and not dead in the case of Khaine. Morathi still carries his heart. Prayer acts like a magical source for many of the Gods it would seem and thus the prayer that is sent unto Khaine, she intercepts and uses it to bolster her own powers. 

Magic and prayer seem to work slightly differently even if their overt effect on a battlefield might appear similar. 

Infernoth is  pretty meh, giant monster of Lava does average of 2MWs per turn and then might disappear. 

Fyrewall is pretty meh, if it works the same at Judgements, if you go second then it might just disappear before you get any use out of it. 

Flame Spitter is probably the best, at worst it's ranged MW shooting on a 3+, at best it becomes a turret that sticks around and messes with your opponent's head. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Overall they do look strong, I am curious about how long they can stay on the table. Is it going to be a 5+ to stay like Khorne’s Judgements? 

Probably yes with a +1 for each priest within distance... 

I just wish that old warscrolls could be updated outside of the new battletome...

The infernoth is aoe damage, it's 12 dice for every unit within 3 inches, unlike pretty much other endless spell I can think of that uses the 12 dice mechanic.  It's still less cool that it's amazing model deserves but it's not bad by any means.

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

The infernoth is aoe damage, it's 12 dice for every unit within 3 inches, unlike pretty much other endless spell I can think of that uses the 12 dice mechanic.  It's still less cool that it's amazing model deserves but it's not bad by any means.

Sure, but realistically getting more than 2, maaaybe 3 units in 3" at a time is pretty unlikely, especially with a random "move characteristic". So 2-4 MW on average, 6MW on a "good" position, still nothing special.

If it was like all units within 6" or 12", then maybe it'd be better, but 3" bubble is quite small. 

46 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Sure, but realistically getting more than 2, maaaybe 3 units in 3" at a time is pretty unlikely, especially with a random "move characteristic". So 2-4 MW on average, 6MW on a "good" position, still nothing special.

If it was like all units within 6" or 12", then maybe it'd be better, but 3" bubble is quite small. 

Agreed. The random movement really kills it, and you'll never know how far it's going to get to move. We've seen something like this spell before with Mork's Mushroom, but that one does mortals on 5's, and targets individual models, and ranges at 6D6.

I doubt anyone is going to take these very often unless they're at most 50 points or below.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Taloren said:

They will be in the Azyr app. And if they move as fast as the Khorne tome. It’ll be in the app on Saturday even if the book isn’t out yet.

Sorry I meant the other warscrolls. Nighthaunt and maybe Stormcast and BoC may benefit from the new trend on endless spells with some changes on the wording, maybe even the generic ones. But as per current trend it will be years before they are updated. Like the Nighthaunt scythe would make sense if it was ignored by anyone with the Nighthaunt keyword... etc 

We’ll have to see though for the most those spells. The main reason many of them don’t have ignore by XXXXX faction is that if you end up in a mirror match your main tools are useless. There are mor LoN and Stormcast and Nighthaunt players than probably will ever be for Fyreslayers even with the update. So it makes more sense to not add all this keyword ignore effects of this spell.

BoC actually do have a spell or two that include the BoC ignore this effect on their endless spell.

Nurgle players can tell you how annoying it is to play another Nurgle player when all your abilities that deal damage are ignored and/or heal you and your opponent.

Edited by King Taloren

I think we have new KoS artwork

GDC_GreaterDaemons-Apr9-KeeperSecrets7kbtk.jpgEdit:

Do we also have new named KoS?

Shalaxi Helbane

Amongst Slaanesh’s Daemons, the undisputed martial champion is Shalaxi Helbane. Created to fight and defeat rival Greater Daemons – especially those of the Blood God – Shalaxi has bested some of the most formidable adversaries in the galaxy, including, if rumour is to be believed, Skarbrand.

Edited by michu
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

It's been strongly hinted at and GW might have said "brand new army" at some stage too. We know that there's at least two Aelf armies that are new to the game to be released. However we've no real deals on anything. 

We do know each Grand Alliance is getting content and we know that GW's current pace is darn fast! Heck with Fyreslayers on pre-order this weekend we could see Slaanesh on pre-order before the end of the month. 

• Like 2