The Rumour Thread

Lovely trailer, i really like how iT says that stormcast going to the extremes of killing innocent people gives power to Slaanesh. Finally a little more depth and less ‘slaanesh is about sex and bondage’ 

let’s hope we’ll see some amazing mini’s

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, The Golem said:

What did it say? (I'm deaf and there aren't subtitles)

Can you feel it?  Something has changed...The dark prince's bonds are slipping. 
When the blood good bellowed his wrath across the realms Slaneesh heard only love. 

When Sigmar's chosen spilled the blood of innocents, the God of Excess drank deep. 

And when Nagash's schemes nearly shattered the realm, so too did he sunder the chains of my Lord. 

All love Slaneesh, all worship Saneesh, all serve Slaneesh 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

13 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Lovely trailer, i really like how iT says that stormcast going to the extremes of killing innocent people gives power to Slaanesh. Finally a little more depth and less ‘slaanesh is about sex and bondage’ 

let’s hope we’ll see some amazing mini’s

That's refreshing. Honestly, the idea of playing a slaanesh army is kind of repulsive as I feel like it draws too much attention towards the "thirsty neckbeard" stereotype. I hope there are fewer nipple piercings and more diverse representations of indulgence.

Edited by Scurfturf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

Oh wow, this is a surprise. I expected Slaanesh to be a bigger deal. Like campaign worthy. Not saying it won't be, but I expect more build up. 

Still don’t think Slaanesh is breaking free.

Predicted a while back that it would  probably be done in stages with a “Seekers of Slaanesh” type release first and I’m sticking to my guns.

• Like 1

Even without Slaanesh being free the Greater Demons still are. If you look at most Chaos armies the actual Gods don't do much. Whilst the Good Gods are indeed fighting on front lines at times, the Chaos Gods take a back seat to affairs. They'd far rather their minions do the work for them, and they do. Greater Demons battle for their masters attention and blessings by corrupting innocents and the world and making grand offerings. Indeed behind every mortal is often a demon twisting the actions for their own gain. 

So even without Slaanesh standing strong the Greater Demons can still be a huge threat. A weakening of the prison might spark a uniting of the fragmented forces (some Demons fighting to steal the throne, others to find, others just for glory etc..) as they see a distinct signal to unit behind and a very clear marker for an entry way into their Master's Prison. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nos said:

Still don’t think Slaanesh is breaking free.

Predicted a while back that it would  probably be done in stages with a “Seekers of Slaanesh” type release first and I’m sticking to my guns.

Slaanesh can have a full faction release without the gods actual presence. None of the gods bar nagash are actually present in the game. 

• Like 1

I did not get everything in the trailer. The following is what I heard:

?,  something has changed.  The Dark Princes' bone (?) are slipping(?). 

When the blood god fellow(?) his wrath across the realms,  Slaanesh only heard love.

When Sigmar's  chasen(?) spill the blood of the innocent, the god of excess drag deep.

And  When Nagash's scheme nearly shatters the realms, so too did he sunder the chain of my lord。

All love slaanesh, all worship slaanesh, all serve slaanesh.

Can anyone give me a hand  on the words with ?  mark.

Bonds are slipping

Blood God Bellow 

Sigmar's Chosen

Basically the chains that bind Slaanesh are weakening. Morathi started that when she damaged them to steam more souls than she was supposed to get from the deal with the other Aelf gods; then there's Wrath and Rapture events where the Blood God started causing trouble; then there was a case where Sigmar's chosen warriors (Stormcast) slaughtered innocent people suspected of being chaos worshippers; then Nagash did his whole huge temple that broke when Skaven messed around with it.

All these events are causing Slaanesh to gain power and weaken the bonds that keep him imprisoned and hidden 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Bonds are slipping

Blood God Bellow 

Sigmar's Chosen

Basically the chains that bind Slaanesh are weakening. Morathi started that when she damaged them to steam more souls than she was supposed to get from the deal with the other Aelf gods; then there's Wrath and Rapture events where the Blood God started causing trouble; then there was a case where Sigmar's chosen warriors (Stormcast) slaughtered innocent people suspected of being chaos worshippers; then Nagash did his whole huge temple that broke when Skaven messed around with it.

All these events are causing Slaanesh to gain power and weaken the bonds that keep him imprisoned and hidden 

Thank you so much

18 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Slaanesh can have a full faction release without the gods actual presence. None of the gods bar nagash are actually present in the game. 

Didn’t  say otherwise. But that’s not why I don’t think Slaanesh will get a full release until Slaanesh is released.

Before wrath and rapture was teased, so quite a while ago, I predicted a slow build of Slaanesh slowly gaining in power and a handful of models to go with it. Been right so far. 

It’s all about the narrative. You’re basically saying they’re just going to skip 300 pages.

Edited by Nos

3 minutes ago, Inquisitorsz said:

Well the real question now is are we getting Slaanesh, Aelves or both?   
Please be both. Slaanesh only really needs a new book and a new greater demon. So maybe that comes out in parallel with a new aelf range. 

It's a long shot, but what if we get Aelf soup tonight like it's been rumored?

I personally would be more excited for an Aelf release but I think they will leave a bit of time for the story to develop between the two. I am still curious to see what they do with Slaanesh but it will have to be something special to make my wallet nervous.

27 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I did not get everything in the trailer. The following is what I heard:

?,  something has changed.  The Dark Princes' BONDS (?) are slipping(?). Correct

When the blood goD  BROUGHT(?) his wrath across the realms,  Slaanesh only heard love.

When Sigmar's  CHOSEN(?) spillED the blood of the innocent, the god of excess DRANK deep.

And  When Nagash's scheme nearly shatteRED the realms, so too did he sunder the chainS of my lord。

All love slaanesh, all worship slaanesh, all serve slaanesh.

Can anyone give me a hand  on the words with ?  mark.

The first part I also can‘t hear.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

It's a long shot, but what if we get Aelf soup tonight like it's been rumored?

I'm so confused/bemused. Didn't the aelf adepticon rumours just start as a prank on twitter earlier today? They seem to have taken over completely. Is there any actual legit aelf rumours? 

Edited by Carnelian

42 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Slaanesh is my second most hated army in aos behind Skaven. I think there is something really creepy about people collecting and playing an army focused on a sexual fetish. 

Idoneth Deepkin is my second most hated army in aos behind Skaven. I think there  is something really creepy about people collecting and playing an army focused on a  nautical fetish.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I'm so confused/bemused. Didn't the aelf adepticon rumours just start as a prank on twitter earlier today? They seem to have taken over completely. Is there any actual legit aelf rumours? 

There are NO current legit rumours for anything - and by legitI mean with a credible source. It's just guess work. Aelves picking up makes sense you've got dark, high and wood aelves all mashed up at present so that's quite a big block of fans eager to find out what is going to happen to them!