The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

The short stories in white dwarf are almost certainly hints towards Forbidden Power. In the first the Ko uncover a hidden cavern which is protected by Slyvaneth. In the second a khorne hero uncovers a special weapon which is being protected by the stormcast. These are probably the stormvaults. 

The stormvault board game has heroes searching for specific locations throughout the mortal realms. 

It seems that forbidden Power is about lost artefacts of considerable power but maybe also danger. 

A selection of new items and spells that have a strong risk reward element could be pretty interesting. 

Also a quest to uncover these vaults could make for a pretty good campaign. 

My mind goes to dwarf holds/ runic weapons/ runes of power. could be a good alternative to spells for dwarf factions seeing as they dont use magic. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

Some people like me like to use the term of "knowing" stuff on topics that seem to follow patterns or just seem to be the only reasonable outcome for future

Not to be a grumbly butt, but using a word that has an actual meaning and redefining it within your personal lexicon is going to lead to misunderstanding.

We don't get to just say a word means whatever we want it to mean and expect everyone else who knows what it actually means to be ok with it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Somebody on Facebook said they wanted to know more about Warcry, to which the Warhammer Team responded with "maybe you will, very soon..."

Still some hope for a Warcry reveal tomorrow.

They also straight up said that forbidden Power is not a new Stormcast chamber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nos said:

As I thought, just a hype trail. Didn’t expect much.

I really wouldn’t listen to the Facebook team as an authority, as an aside. They’ll know little more than we do.

While I agree that they will only be a step above us or redshirts in terms of being in the know, I doubt they could/would make absolute statements like "it isn't a new Stormcast chamber" without that fact having been confirmed to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

While I agree that they will only be a step above us or redshirts in terms of being in the know, I doubt they could/would make absolute statements like "it isn't a new Stormcast chamber" without that fact having been confirmed to them.

I think people are being far too literal in that.  It’s quite possible that there will be new SC without it being an entire chamber. 

The SC are pivotal to the narrative of AOS whether people like it or not.

They are prime candidates for new stuff for something like this even if it’s just something like an Ordinator again.

"In the game, you’ll follow the myriad tribes of Chaos – reavers and despoilers from every corner of the realms – as they make their dark pilgrimage to the Varanspire. Warcry explores a never-before-seen side of life (and death!) in the Age of Sigmar. Every model for this game is brand new, reflecting on the dizzying diversity of Chaos on a scale never attempted before and rooted in rich lore that realises the servants of the Dark Gods as deep and varied cultures. " 

Looks like just Chaos, going by the warhammer community stuff. 

"In the game, you’ll follow the myriad tribes of Chaos – reavers and despoilers from every corner of the realms – as they make their dark pilgrimage to the Varanspire. Warcry explores a never-before-seen side of life (and death!) in the Age of Sigmar. Every model for this game is brand new, reflecting on the dizzying diversity of Chaos on a scale never attempted before and rooted in rich lore that realises the servants of the Dark Gods as deep and varied cultures.  "

yeah it look like it limited to chaos warbands, I am guessing it like AoS Mordheim and old Path of Glory combined