The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, Nos said:

Currency and Stock Exchange rules supplement ala Malign Portents 

Heard this rumour it will be called: "Making it Big On Azyr-Street: How To Be A Stock Broker In The Age Of Sigmar".

I'd buy it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Interesting... though I'm a little wary, GW do tend to say stuff like that about every reveal they ever do, no matter how small 

Yeah, but they have a history of doing big stuff at Gama. Two years ago we got the Kharadron Overlords reveal which is probably my favourite GW video of all time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Why wouldn't you say the stuff you've spent time on and are trying to sell is awesome? 

Obviously it wouldn't be good business practice to say "This reveal's going to be rubbish!" but I do think GW isn't very good at managing expectations. They tend to just say every reveal is massive and is going to change everything, even if one is a whole new edition and the other is just a Warhammer Underworlds warband and an updated battletome. 

9 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Obviously it wouldn't be good business practice to say "This reveal's going to be rubbish!" but I do think GW isn't very good at managing expectations. They tend to just say every reveal is massive and is going to change everything, even if one is a whole new edition and the other is just a Warhammer Underworlds warband and an updated battletome. 

Just as an example, the updated battletomes for Skaven and FEC WERE big changes 😂. But yes, I think more direction in the nature of the changes would be useful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Although i agree with you from a personal level. Let's be fair the hype train is real every time, even if the destination isn't what you/me were looking for... There always seems to be some players who feel it's the best thing that year. So i'm just happy for them and learn to not get excited too soon 😂

(also the sales seem to support their marketing strategy, so kudos to them)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

The issue is that people don’t manage their own expectations. It’s obvious GW are gonna hype stuff up, it’s their job really. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

GW can do what it likes. People need to tailor their expectations to reality. Hype dosent exist without people believing in it.

If I were to call what we’d see at GAMA (and build up unesseccary hype on the innternet and for myself and then be dissapointed that my hype was not matched), it would have to be:

-KO warband, maybe some glimpse at another few bands coming up.

-Some more Necromunda warbands, enforcers/arbites  would be pretty cool.

-Blood-bowl Lizardmen would be a nice change of pace and bring in some more High Fantasy, a plastic Kroxigor kit would be a conversion dream too. 

-Some other expansion kit for Blackfortress a la Ambull.

- some terrain.

-I’d assume a mention for the next army coming for AoS, is it not yet time for Darkoath?

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Anyone worked out an average time between when a rumour engine pic is shown and the model is previewed? I want to know when to expect the new idoneth endless spells and potential battletome. 

No ETA but I think it’s after all the other battletomes are released where they make the lore revision that for some reason every one in the Mortal Realms can be tricked by some pots and a pile of Gold in spite of the Community post stating that gold has no value to the majority of them.

Not 100% sure though

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Anyone worked out an average time between when a rumour engine pic is shown and the model is previewed? I want to know when to expect the new idoneth endless spells and potential battletome. 

There's no meaningful average. Sometimes the models are revealed 2 weeks later, sometimes it takes almost a year. For example, the (100% Slaanesh!!) Chaos Possessed claw was a rumour engine in May last year. You can expect maybe 3 to 6 months.

It's ironic: I've waited for Slaanesh for YEARS and now that it's on the precipice I kind of hope the release only arrives after summer: I'm far too busy at the moment and do not need the arrival of my main army as a distraction :P

But I think it likely, it was the army 100% confirmed in the 2018 wrap-up. The surprise upsets of Skaven, FEC and Khorne done with, Slaanesh HAS* to be the next army, right?

*literally no basis other than a likely disprovable gut feeling. 

GW has teased Slaanesh for AGES and in full fairness the Slaanesh range itself has been basically ignored for a very long time across both 40K and AoS/Fantasy. They need new models - they need fiends and the new hero in their own boxes not a duel box; they need a new Demon and they need some new models. GW had a neat trick with teh 3 in one chariot that could double up into a huge chariot; but they need something more - esp since the rest of the range is basically unchanged for decades (Deamonets; deamonets on mounts; fiends; demon; hero - that's basically been the whole army for decades). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Ignoring the recent daemon engine, it generally been 3 month minimum to 6 months between pic and the model release, but  sometimes there are exceptions like the speed freak and rogue trader pics

Edited by novakai

Deepkin shouldn't be getting a tome at all no - but they should get a trio at least of endless spells at some point; whilst Daughters of Khaine need a trio of spells and a terrain feature. It actually surprises me how those two factions - 2.0 ready factions - don't yet have the endless spells for them considering how fast stormcast and nighthaunt got theirs. 

I just mean that if we are getting deepkin endless spells, which seems likely based on the pic, it would be a bit weird if they didn't have anything else to go with it. Plus if it came in late 2019 it would be a new book after 1 year and 6 months which while short is not crazy. 

I don't expect a new tome but neither do I expect a box of endless spells and nothing else. 

Thing is a box of new spells is about all they "need" at this stage to get up to date. Sure GW could add another unit or model that woudl be great for both armies - but overall they don't need a new book. Their lore and stats are well up to date and all GW would have to do is put the warscroll cards in the box. 

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Thing is a box of new spells is about all they "need" at this stage to get up to date. Sure GW could add another unit or model that woudl be great for both armies - but overall they don't need a new book. Their lore and stats are well up to date and all GW would have to do is put the warscroll cards in the box. 

I agree, but based on the pattern thus far and general business sense they may release more than that. Endless spells on their own are great for existing ID players, but new models, a battle box or a tome is more likely to get people to start a new army and buy into the faction.