The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

I’m super skeptical too. However in gw’s report just recently they mentioned work on expanding their factories and a few other things didn’t pay off last year but should this year. Maybe this is it?

Certainly could be. With 2nd edition it also makes more sense for them to do one week releases of updated battletomes too.

4 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

I’m super skeptical too. However in gw’s report just recently they mentioned work on expanding their factories and a few other things didn’t pay off last year but should this year. Maybe this is it?

Battletomes are made in China
Endless spells are made in China
Scenery is made in China

So no, I don't think that refreshing a bunch of existing factions with new battletomes/spells/terrain will really utilize their new UK factories.    They could refresh all the factions this year without really needing to produce anything themselves 

Hopefully the expanded manufacturing capabilities do mean more new releases, and keeping existing stuff in stock.  (and maybe more bang for your buck as they've been pretty stingy on how many sprues come in a kit lately) 

3 hours ago, Ndabreaker said:

So Rumour Time. 

Seraphon are coming as some of you have said. 

Seraphon battletome , endless spells and teterrain. Due end of March / early April . 

Terrain as predicticted is 3 spawning pools. 

Only seen one spell which appears to be an ethereal reptile/dino a spirit of something.

Thats all I got for now

I NEED IT NOW

I could love some new minis since we still have heroes in finecast but I'm fine with this GW, you can take my money

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Battletomes are made in China
Endless spells are made in China
Scenery is made in China

So no, I don't think that refreshing a bunch of existing factions with new battletomes/spells/terrain will really utilize their new UK factories.    They could refresh all the factions this year without really needing to produce anything themselves 

Hopefully the expanded manufacturing capabilities do mean more new releases, and keeping existing stuff in stock.  (and maybe more bang for your buck as they've been pretty stingy on how many sprues come in a kit lately) 

I did not know all those items were manufactured in China. That is surprising to me given GWs self identity as a manufacturer. 

If you look at Endless Spells and Scenery its a slightly different plastic in many cases. Basically I believe its used because the designs are far simpler and many of the details larger/less fine. So its easier to farm that kind of production out. Meanwhile a huge amount of books are printed overseas even from most major publishers. 

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

If you look at Endless Spells and Scenery its a slightly different plastic in many cases. Basically I believe its used because the designs are far simpler and many of the details larger/less fine. So its easier to farm that kind of production out. Meanwhile a huge amount of books are printed overseas even from most major publishers. 

Oh yeah I was tracking the books. I meant the plastics. 

2 hours ago, Ndabreaker said:

Next year. This year slaves/darkoath in summer. Gutbusters around september. Slaanesh somewhere in there. Along with these weekly fillers

Whoa, how legit is the source for this rumour? Or is this just guessing? I’m dying for a Gutbuster battletome. 

Any other rumours out there swirling about Gutbusters?

I could see them re-uniting the Fyreslays and Dispossessed. That gives them something neat and also boost the Fyreslayers a lot who are currently quite a one-trick faction. Visually they'd fit together well and it means saving half on having to update sculpts. 

Not sure if they will leave the Dwarves with Free Peoples or if they will bring them back into fold too. Either could happen since Free Peoples could become the "Tau" of AoS with some Aelves thrown in for good measure too. 

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

darkoath /StD/everchoosen in summer: this is a hard 6 month waiting.... Well, at least, I'll have some time to  build and paint (and buy more plastic with carrion empire)

Honestly I'm a bit frustrated. Was hoping around April, May.

5 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I wouldn’t take these rumours too seriously. Call me skeptical but the last time someone came on tga saying they were in the know, it ended up just being guess work. 

Yeah, hopefully Darkoath timetable is wrong. 

7 hours ago, Overread said:

Estimated date sounds early  considering we've got several big things to come - unless this means GW is going to drag their heels with skaven and flesh eaters. Granted slaanesh is getting a longish wait and Cultists are only just about to end theirs 

Honestly why the assumption either of those are due anything in the next few months? As you mentioned Slaanesh has been waiting longer and I'm pretty sure Maggotkin too do after their box (though they were delayed I remember). They've announced one box with one new model for each army and it's seems like you're taking it as hard confirmation that both are getting updates ASAP.

7 minutes ago, Yoshiya said:

Honestly why the assumption either of those are due anything in the next few months? As you mentioned Slaanesh has been waiting longer and I'm pretty sure Maggotkin too do after their box (though they were delayed I remember). They've announced one box with one new model for each army and it's seems like you're taking it as hard confirmation that both are getting updates ASAP.

I think it because GW said on their article that they had more exciting news for those two armies in the coming weeks so it implies that it not that far out.

granted we are all assuming it new battletomes and maybe new model release, but it could honestly be much smaller than that or that the exciting news ends up that white dwarf has a segment for those two armies in one of the issues.