The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, michu said:

That's exactly what Duardin spy would say!

Cunning this  man thing is yes-yes.

but it only see-knows halve of my cunning plan

thinks we spie for beard things,

thinks we kill-stab for them.

wrong, it is.

but beard things  will die-die soon yes-yes.

from beneath the danger awaits.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Can you give us anything else?

We still waiting on that Seraphon battletome from you BTW.  Same source?

Sorry this wasnt a rumour just a Guess . But expect atleast one destruction book like legions of nagash and beasts of chaos. 

With regards to the seraphon book was just told soon. However the release schedule has been changing quite often its possible its been pushed back til 2019

Edited by ageofpaddsmar

15 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Sorry this wasnt a rumour just a Guess . But expect atleast one destruction book like legions of nagash and beasts of chaos. 

With regards to the seraphon book was just told soon. However the release schedule has been changing quite often its possible its been pushed back til 2019

I can imagine that sometimes the release schedule changes, but changing quite often? I certainly don't want to scare away possible rumour mongers, but each time the excuse is the release schedule changes a lot. ?

Imo GW plans easly a year ahead... the type of product that GW sells and the logistics that are involved and being an international company simply doesn't allow to be very flexible with release schedules.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

I understand peoples concerns but I never set out to be a rumour monger. I was given the name of the legions of nagash book and believe I was the first person on here to mention it by name. The same source told me seraphon were getting an updated book to bring them inline and so would other books that came before sylvaneth. I was only told soon .

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

I can imagine that sometimes the release schedule changes, but changing quite often? I certainly don't want to scare away possible rumour mongers, but each time the excuse is the release schedule changes a lot. ?

Imo GW plans easly a year ahead... the type of product that GW sells and the logistics that are involved and being an international company simply doesn't allow to be very flexible with release schedules.

It seems reasonable that book-only releases could move around in terms of schedule a fair amount. I would expect however that model releases are moved less frequently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

I understand peoples concerns but I never set out to be a rumour monger. I was given the name of the legions of nagash book and believe I was the first person on here to mention it by name. The same source told me seraphon were getting an updated book to bring them inline and so would other books that came before sylvaneth. I was only told soon .

Will Seraphon get new models? The saurus and skinks look like they were designed 15+ years ago.

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

Interesting to see gw dipping way into their back catalogue for inspiration.

It's not surprising though.  They have been mining models and background from very old Warhammer for almost the entire time for Age of Sigmar.  Very little that they have released does not have it's roots somewhere in the past.  I think that is really cool to be honest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

It's not surprising though.  They have been mining models and background from very old Warhammer for almost the entire time for Age of Sigmar.  Very little that they have released does not have it's roots somewhere in the past.  I think that is really cool to be honest.

Right, nearly all of the newish factions that have gotten model releases have take some aspect of an old fantasy faction and turned it up to 11. 

In rumor news, I did hear something interesting from someone who claimed to have some info, but I don't know/trust them well enough to really stand behind the rumor so I'll just throw it out there to if it sticks. Apparently GW may be getting ready to finally repack all the legacy models with round bases. Not just the ones getting reboxed in retail packaging(which is allegedly where Ogors went, and that I believe because it follows the pattern of models disappearing and showing back up reboxed), but also the web store only ones that are already in the plain white boxes anyway.

• Like 3

I would absolutely love new models for Seraphon. Steve Party who is a GW designer did some amazing conversions. He should do a few official minis.

Edit- just a little heads up. The imperial knight special character is up for preorder on the 15th so we will most likely get the beasts of chaos preorder in September 22nd. 

Edited by Chikout

2 hours ago, Redmanphill said:

Endless Spells only for the updated books is what I heard.

This is shame. Just one or two kits each would massively boost interest in these armies. New saurus warriors and kroxigor for Seraphon and new centigors with an alternate build would revitalise both those ranges. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 123lac said:

Will Seraphon get new models? The saurus and skinks look like they were designed 15+ years ago. 

You do realize that's actually literally the case? ?

Many thanks to to all who came here to give some hints regarding what they heard, regardless of the apparently delayed release schedule ;)

12 hours ago, 123lac said:

The same source told me seraphon were getting an updated book to bring them inline and so would other books that came before sylvaneth. I was only told soon .

That's perfect because those are the books which really need some love. I do hope that Sylvaneth will get something too. Exciting times as always!

30 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This is shame. Just one or two kits each would massively boost interest in these armies. New saurus warriors and kroxigor for Seraphon and new centigors with an alternate build would revitalise both those ranges. 

I don't think seraphon needs any help generating interest. It's one of the most popular ranges. It's also one of the largest. Second most warscrolls after Stormcast?   Think of how many factions have nothing so far in AoS (not even first battletome).  Sure, Seraphon have a few resin models, but it's mostly plastic, and they have a hard time keeping a lot of it in stock.   I think we are a few years off still.  

• Like 1

Agreed, whilst every faction would be neat to get new stuff for or get updated sculpts; Seraphon were lucky in that they left Fantasy as a complete army and faction. They have a very full box of tools and like Stormcast a wide range of varied models. Still room to add more and update things, but compared to a lot of the other races they are in a very good stable and secure place. 

Heck even though their battletome is older they at least have one, which right now is a seal of protection in terms of expecting them to remain in the game long term as a faction. 

AoS needs updates in a lot of other areas first; even though I'd really love to see others get updates too - I am somewhat surprised that Idoneth and Daughters of Khaine don't have endless spells already (considering that would only be 2 boxes of models to release) considering that they were both made with 2.0 in mind and Endless Spells were clearly not just tacked onto the end of the project. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Maybe because the first sets (SCE and NH) didn't do that much sales...Who knows? (GW for sure)

Honestly I'd be shocked if they didn't sell well - the Stormcast comet is an amazing spell; it not only deals damage but buff/heals (I forget which) your own side. It's a win win on both counts. I'd also say that with most tournaments going for endless spells and many armies being made with endless spells in mind; that the Malign Sorcery boxed set must have sold well too for such a positive update. 

My impression is that Endless spells are here to stay; even if the realm stuff goes away I can't see GW dropping Endless Spells. It's a neat way to add several models to a faction without adding "units" and it gives the game a flavour on the tabletop that sets it apart from many of the competition - even GW's own 40K

• Like 1

Just now, Overread said:

My impression is that Endless spells are here to stay; even if the realm stuff goes away I can't see GW dropping Endless Spells. It's a neat way to add several models to a faction without adding "units" and it gives the game a flavour on the tabletop that sets it apart from many of the competition - even GW's own 40K

Where do you get these impressions from?   'spells here to stay'  'realm stuff goes away'  'battletome is a seal of protection' 

They have built AoS2 around realms, its in the core rulebook!  They are releasing spells and we know they are coming for other factions, there is a big expensive box of them, of course they are here to stay.

AoS factions are here to stay and have been since AoS came out, battletome or not - compendium factions are temporary as they have always stated they were. 

• Like 3