The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

• and if GW does a Killteam like AoS game, its not on the cards right now, it will go there only after killteam has seen a longer periode of evaluation - actually killteam in itself is just a reaction to the surprisingly hugh sucess shadow war was. GW was surprised by it more than anyone else!

On that note, I really like that GW reacts to things being popular in this way. I've seen companies spend years almost unaware that something has gained traction, never doing anything to accommodate it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:
  • AoS in itself is basicly a skirmish that scales quite well into larger battles.

AoS is, when you compare the rules for 2.0 vs those of 40K 8th Edition, nearly an identical game to 40K. If one is a skirmish that scales well to large battles, both are. So when Kill Team can exist in 40K, a similar variant can certainly exist for AoS.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mayple said:

I've seen companies spend years almost unaware that something has gained traction, never doing anything to accommodate it.

and by Companies you mean GW, rigth?! ?

2 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

AoS is, when you compare the rules for 2.0 vs those of 40K 8th Edition, nearly an identical game to 40K. If one is a skirmish that scales well to large battles, both are. So when Kill Team can exist in 40K, a similar variant can certainly exist for AoS.

Aos and 40k scale differntly in my opinion and requier differnet approces to bring it down to small scale encounters. And as already said, with Shadespire there is already an aditional game in place for Aos, something 40k was lacking till killteam.

yes yes I know, there was and is Shadowwars and Silver tower, but both were ways of tipping the toe to test the water for what might work, testing it inside a very contained envyroment of a single box.And keep in mind that I don't say, Killteam will never spill over to AoS, but as of now its far of and GW has other stuff in place of it for AoS, that requires attantion.

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

Not a rumour but more of a wish. I really  hope the new killteam is a succes and they do a similar version for AoS. I'm really missing a cool skirmish game for AoS. Current Skirmish is cool but lacks a bit of depth. So maybe next year around the same time :) 

Yes this. Even though I think current Skirmish is a bit shallow and needs lots of house rules and homebrew to be worth much more than a  small filler game, I still built out a lot of warbands for it because I liked the opportunity to grab a few models from factions that I'll never realistically build whole armies for(except my goblin and Nighthaunt warbands grew into armies). I mostly stopped that because the lack of long term satisfaction with the Skirmish system, but Kill Team looks to be bringing me that way with 40k stuff as I'm planning to paint up some of my unused Space Marines and grab some ork and necron kill teams. I'd really love for something to open up small scale collecting of AoS minis again too since my current armies are filling out and short of new Kharadron or Goblin model releases, I don't see myself really expanding my current ones much and I don't really care to start a whole new army.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

I wonder how they will fit BCR in to that.  Maybe they will add some mid range monsters for BCR something between a stonhorn and a regular ogor.

Yhetees, hunters and frost sabers maybe? Would be my guess, and although I really want to expand my Ogors into BCR in the future I understand if a behemoth faction is not really fitting for Skirmish. 

I'd love if they made modular terrain for AoS. I'm probably asking too much but would be great if it wasn't just "sigmarite this", "sigmarite that" ot chaos war structure like. Can you imagine releases like "Orruk settlement", "Shyish temples" "Ghyran Swamps"? I'm currently really terrain interested. Partially I will do it myself like hills, but want to buy Sigmarite Mausoleum as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I'd love if they made modular terrain for AoS. I'm probably asking too much but would be great if it wasn't just "sigmarite this", "sigmarite that" ot chaos war structure like. Can you imagine releases like "Orruk settlement", "Shyish temples" "Ghyran Swamps"? I'm currently really terrain interested. Partially I will do it myself like hills, but want to buy Sigmarite Mausoleum as well. 

There was some kind of Stormcast fortification rumoured ages ago. Could still be happening, who knows? I see that most of the Chaos Dreadhold is no longer being sold, so perhaps that wasn't particularly successful and they've shelved the Stormcast equivalent. I can't say I saw many Dreadholds in the wild, and I suspect that it was on the expensive side for most people. I've seen far more of the Azyrite Ruins around, which are smaller and cost less, so maybe they feel that this is the way forward for AoS.

The Azyrite Ruins are modular though to an extent, so we can only hope that it's the first step to bigger and better things, much as all the new 40K terrain is designed to be connected together. The disadvantage of the Dreadhold was that even though it was modular you needed a lot of pieces for it to really look like some kind of plausible structure. Even the smallest of the 40K terrain sets can be painted up and plonked on the table as-is and it still looks good. They scale very well. We really need something like that, and something that makes full use of the vertical dimension too.

What I'd really like to see are fairly basic building shells with various decoration and/or upgrade options that make them fit aesthetically into multiple realms.

Watching Hang out and Build with Peachy and Duncan last tuesday I must say that if Ray Dranfield (one of the designers of new 40k terrain) is going to work on AoS terrain it will be absolutely beautiful, especially for people that love converting. You can build new 40k terrain in almost any way you want and all kits are compatible for mixing. Imagine building 3-floor Sigmarite Cathedral (that blocks LoS) or... dare I say...Cogfort?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, michu said:

Watching Hang out and Build with Peachy and Duncan last tuesday I must say that if Ray Dranfield (one of the designers of new 40k terrain) is going to work on AoS terrain it will be absolutely beautiful, especially for people that love converting. You can build new 40k terrain in almost any way you want and all kits are compatible for mixing. Imagine building 3-floor Sigmarite Cathedral (that blocks LoS) or... dare I say...Cogfort?

Bell of Lost Souls built a 3-story ruined gothic cathedral from the Kill Team terrain kits.  I don't normally poke around that site, but that article caught my eye and it turned out pretty nice.

• Like 2

Since it has been advertised, I'm looking close to those new  imperium decors. The bad new is: how on earth did they add to all fronts of walls thoses tiny details of techo metallic things?

The good news is, you can build many things and if you don't paint those details, youi got your ruins and cathedrals, with high decors. You can hide those metalic details with some foliages, or some more ruins...

I'm planing to go this way for (mainly) AoS and will use for both AoS and 40K

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Since it has been advertised, I'm looking close to those new  imperium decors. The bad new is: how on earth did they add to all fronts of walls thoses tiny details of techo metallic things?

The good news is, you can build many things and if you don't paint those details, youi got your ruins and cathedrals, with high decors. You can hide those metalic details with some foliages, or some more ruins...

I'm planing to go this way for (mainly) AoS and will use for both AoS and 40K

A lot of hired KO and duradins?

• Haha 1

@Skabnoze, thanks for mentioning that article. I looked at it and that cathedral really looks awesome (if only other BoLS articles would be so interesting). Now imagine something like that, but moving and with cannons - that's basically Cogfort (or Imperator-class Titan, depending on which reality your god sent you into to harass mortals).

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

There's more Azyrite ruins coming, two story even. ?

The problem with those ruins is that the interesting sprue (the plain wall) is only available in the terrrain box (expensive) and the little ruins box has just the little bit of ruins (only walls with big holes). Almost useless to build hight ruins to make something interesting and not too flat in the battlefield.

Are you sure there is something new coming to AoS? source?

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1

@GeneralZero

The two story ruins were shown off at Warhammerfest. You can't get more official than that. They are probably coming out in the next month or two.

They look great but I really hope they make some more complicated structures. The flexibility of the new 40k kits is great and I hope aos gets something similar. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

The flexibility of the new 40k kits is great and I hope aos gets something similar. 

Yeah, I've been seeing the new Sector Imperialis terrain in the Kill Team reviews, and that modularity is pretty nice. There's a few gears and wheels and stuff on it, but I'll probably still use is with AoS, it's not that far removed from KO stuff I guess, but azyrite ruins(or other fantasy terrain in general) with that kind of easy stackability would be pretty great. Of course I guess thematically it makes a little less sense in AoS since you don't have that sniper hiding in the second floor of the ruins for most armies, where as it's an easy thing to do in most of AoS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Yeah, I've been seeing the new Sector Imperialis terrain in the Kill Team reviews, and that modularity is pretty nice. There's a few gears and wheels and stuff on it, but I'll probably still use is with AoS, it's not that far removed from KO stuff I guess, but azyrite ruins(or other fantasy terrain in general) with that kind of easy stackability would be pretty great. Of course I guess thematically it makes a little less sense in AoS since you don't have that sniper hiding in the second floor of the ruins for most armies, where as it's an easy thing to do in most of AoS.

I for one would enjoy a sniper nest for my thundertusk, they could even add some niffy rule to being on 2ed or higher floors, like +9" range or extra ap, if you don't move etc.

And extra mw done when a 9+wound model charges from that high up , unless he is elf or undead.

Edited by blueshirtman
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

I for one would enjoy a sniper nest for my thundertusk, they could even add some niffy rule to being on 2ed or higher floors, like +9" range or extra ap, if you don't move etc.

And extra mw done when a 9+wound model charges from that high up , unless he is elf or undead.

The image alone would make such a rule worthwhile, at least in narrative play: a rider with his huge bestial mount sitting in a church bell tower, both crouched below the bay, waiting for a worthy target. The rider hugging his long-range device, the mount serving as a spotter supporting vital information on trajectory, target weak spots, etc. Brilliant image! How both got up there? Magic, who cares. How they will get down? Freefall, the landing cushioned by the amassed bodies of their enemies!

But all jokes aside, a bonus on shooting from a higher up position (not necessarily the range - just because I am 5 stories higher doesn’t extant the range of my bow - but maybe on rolls to hit) is an interesting concept, that might add additional depth. Question is, will it really offer more possibilities or does it only clutter the rules unnecessarily?

Despite the possibilities for more rules and strategies, some more scenery would be nice – hopefully not only stormcast build ruins, but something for other factions and realms, too.

• Like 1

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Can we please have some rumours in this topic? Also can I remind you all about the rules we want you to follow on TGA - 

I have had to moderate some replies in this topic which should never have been on this forum. Whilst we are fairly relaxed around this topic due to the vagueness of some of the rumors (and it's a bit quiet at the moment after AOS2 release), we have been going off topic a fair bit. Please keep it on topic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Can we please have some rumours in this topic?

Since there aren't any real rumours is it okay if we make some up, provided they're on-topic? You never know, they might turn out to be true. It's an infinite multiverse - anything is possible!

I heard (and this is honestly, genuinely real - from a good source, I 100% promise) that the new aerial battle rules are a precursor to large flyer kits being released for all of the major AoS factions. You've heard of cog-forts - well get ready for cog-fort-blimps! Flying spiders for grots. Flying mammoths for Beastclaw Raiders. Giant flying ghost sharks (that one's a dual kit for Idoneth Deepkin and Nighthaunt). Also, there'll be new terrain to accompany the release - Citadel Clouds.

You heard it here first. Keep it under your hat. Rumour... away!

Edited by Guest