The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

How can you already see the page? I only get:

Error 404 – All Records Expunged from Library

Oh, I don't see it. It is the link from he video that @Nezzhil shared, but will be visible any minute.

Edited by Ejecutor

I always find it peculiar how we've never seen the Age of Reckoning Skaven aesthetic for the Warlock Engineer. Warlock_Engineer.webp.1ed479b364c690a2d68318939c898635.webpI get it would fit the design of an Arch-Warlock a lot more, but I don't think we've ever seen a Skaven look truly like this Brass Beauty of a warp-wizard.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

I don't think Legends has an image problem as much as that legends rules aren't maintained. If Grombrindal gets a beautiful 3rd Warscroll with bravery on it, it'll be quite useless as soon as 4th hits. And if they commit to it and continuously update the rules (which they haven't before for Legends rules to my knowledge), why not just keep the model available? It's just one more model to print, they add new heroes to factions all the time.

Of course, the best thing would be to have models perpetually for sale, properly integrated into a faction. That much is clear.

But starting from the assumption that GW is not always able or willing to do that for every commemorative or side game model? Putting them into Legends right away is the best solution. What other options are there?

• Release them with no rules: "But they already put out a model, why can't I use it in game?"
  • Release them with matched play rules, then legends them next edition: "Great bait and switch, GW! I would not have bought that model if I knew you were squatting it."
  • Release the model and update the rules: "Why is this weird out of production model from 6 years ago required to play competitively? Great pay to win game you got there, James Workshop!"
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

I always find it peculiar how we've never seen the Age of Reckoning Skaven aesthetic for the Warlock Engineer. Warlock_Engineer.webp.1ed479b364c690a2d68318939c898635.webpI get it would fit the design of an Arch-Warlock a lot more, but I don't think we've ever seen a Skaven look truly like this Brass Beauty of a warp-wizard.

That definately looks more like the Arch-Warlock rather than the Engineer, would be cool

Edited by Ivo

10 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Now that is a cool looking rat. I like him, though I'm not sure I like how lowkey he looks - to my eye he seems more like a unit leader than a hero/character. Still, he's oozing with character and I hope that he will be one of few options we'll hopefuly have for warlock engineers

@SG Warhound suggested we're getting three new warlocks; this one, the leaked one and a new arch warlock. I think that's why he looks relatively plain. He's the most junior of what will be 4 warlock options. 

Just now, Chikout said:

@SG Warhound suggested we're getting three new warlocks; this one, the leaked one and a new arch warlock. I think that's why he looks relatively plain. He's the most junior of what will be 4 warlock options. 

I think he looks pretty neat, but the brown-on-brown paint job is not doing him any favors.

Also, someone needs to tell Skaven how telescopes work.

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Of course, the best thing would be to have models perpetually for sale, properly integrated into a faction. That much is clear.

But starting from the assumption that GW is not always able or willing to do that for every commemorative or side game model? Putting them into Legends right away is the best solution. What other options are there?

• Release them with no rules: "But they already put out a model, why can't I use it in game?"
  • Release them with matched play rules, then legends them next edition: "Great bait and switch, GW! I would not have bought that model if I knew you were squatting it."
  • Release the model and update the rules: "Why is this weird out of production model from 6 years ago required to play competitively? Great pay to win game you got there, James Workshop!"

The best option would be releasing it as normal model, not exclusive one. Just a normal Grombrindal with his own unique set of rules and option to use him as center model for united duardin army. 

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

A "reaction text" that long in that small textbox is a disaster as any design level. I am really worried about that thing.

Idk why they didn't put "hasn't moved this turn" I thought setting a unit up made it count as moving that turn already 

32 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I like the fact he's got a jezzail, as it means there's a character to nicely pair up with the jezzails in the box. I wonder if he gives a bonus to jezzails or the like.

I initially thought it was a Jezzail.

28 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I agree that the issue is not an easy one to solve. I'd rather get fewer commemorative models and more models with uses in game.

It's very understandable though that people aren't super happy with a great model with quite a bit of lore relevance is going to get Legends rules that are going to be invalid in like 2 months.

For many commemorative models and side games rules are not even that difficult. Often it's an alternate sculpt of a hero (in almost all cases so much better that it should really replace the old sculpt), so keep it on sale and the rules are already there. Especially for Underworlds, in most cases it's a named variant of a Hero, so an official 'go ahead' to proxy those for the existing hero would be enough. For Warcry everything is already being integrated into AoS.

Then models like Grombrindal are few and far between, Jakkob Bugmansson being the most recent one (Brewmaster General would be a really fun generic KO hero too). Comparable ones are Drekki/Cado, which have a place in an army with fun and thematic rules (even if they're not always the best). Then I think Gotrek is the most comparable, a cross-faction Order hero with some fun but niche uses. Grombrindal is a mini cool enough to keep in production, so with Gotrek-like rules I think he would work very well.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Looks like someone posted the mini reveal ahead of schedule...

The last three reveals were at my 15. I guess this one was delayed one hour due to Grombri but the video wasn't.

Yeah, that's a surprise he doesn't have the Wizard ability.

Warlock engineers losing the ability to cast spells is a bit of a headscratcher, albeit it does enhance the focus on the 'engineer' part. Will arch-warlocks still be wizards?