The Rumour Thread

Isn't it the Las Vegas open this weekend?

They might actually show off these new Daughter'of Khaine stuff there.

Already posted elsewhere I know, but from what I hear, theres meant to be 2 Morathi models, one with her still Elf like, the other a big half snake thing, possibly around the size as the everqueen model.

Edited by Moonstone
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Screenshot_20180123-180804.png

Screenshot_20180123-180809.png

I find this interesting. They are fighting slaanesh, medusas and harpies? 

Yeah as before I think we can expect a Slaanesh release in the 4th quarter of this year. Its likely Slaaneshi Daemons want to free Slaanesh.

The medusas and harpies are part of the Witch Aelves and followers of Khaine :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Swooper said:

would be the only male in this faction.

Realised I made a mistake here. Doomfire Warlocks are male, and part of the DoK faction, so Tenebrael Shard wouldn't be the only male. Still, I don't think he fits in - we'll see soon enough I guess.

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Quite easy

Mortali as a new Behemoth/hero

Tenebral Shard or even maybe even Mistweaver 

WitchElves/Sisters of Slaughter battleline 

Blood wrack shrine /avatar 

1-2 new units 

Even more “older“ kits like Doom wrack Riders

As it's clear that Morathi is some kind of Khaine follower as he is dead God. 

And what happened to Malerion and CThulu Elves?  Quite interesting story arc as well with Tyrion being once Avatar od Khaine. 

rumor has it that morathi has 2 models, one snake one lady

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Realised I made a mistake here. Doomfire Warlocks are male, and part of the DoK faction, so Tenebrael Shard wouldn't be the only male. Still, I don't think he fits in - we'll see soon enough I guess.

i think its new enough while still keeping the barbarian aesthetic. hes got the ornate plate, wild hair, crown etc. it should be more obvious once he is painted on the DOK colors, or they are painted in HIS colors. 

i kind of see him as their dedicated assassin and scout, along the same lines as neave blacktalon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

You almost ninjaed me there, was about to say the same for harpies and lesser gorgons from the artwork. But I think the witchaelves with spear are from the Bloodcauldron/Bloodwrack Shrine kit.

I think the biggest hope for many here is a reboxing of witchaelves into boxes of twenty, which is the only way GW has reduced prices (the way they doubled liberators at not double price). That kit is still way expensive.

yeah...100% ****** that kit. It's insane how bad the value is.

Haven't really thought about before that video, how heavily the high and dark elves are based on ancient greece (and few surrounding powers and later times around the area).

Nice to see what comes out. Somehow I don't believe this release will include lota of new models, but I won't mind if I'm wrong. :)

Super excited to see where this leads.

Hoping it's basically the Daughters of Khaine + Tenebrael Shard + Some new kits. I really want to see GW take the lead an expand the factions they created in the great Grand Alliancing. So this seems like an awesome endeavor to me.

Just hoping that it comes with repackaged Witch Aelves boxed into 20's with a hefty discount. Otherwise their new rules/points are going to have to be dramatically stronger to afford such an army.

Overall hoping we see some previews at LVO, otherwise I think GW might cop some backlash if they just show off the Harbringers again with a little preview of Legions of Nagash (Stuff we basically already know about).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Super excited to see where this leads.

Hoping it's basically the Daughters of Khaine + Tenebrael Shard + Some new kits. I really want to see GW take the lead an expand the factions they created in the great Grand Alliancing. So this seems like an awesome endeavor to me.

Just hoping that it comes with repackaged Witch Aelves boxed into 20's with a hefty discount. Otherwise their new rules/points are going to have to be dramatically stronger to afford such an army.

Overall hoping we see some previews at LVO, otherwise I think GW might cop some backlash if they just show off the Harbringers again with a little preview of Legions of Nagash (Stuff we basically already know about).

LVO will most likely be 40k (which is sort of LVO's thing) and we'll get warhammer community articles covering Sigmar.

8 hours ago, Moonstone said:

Isn't it the Las Vegas open this weekend?

They might actually show off these new Daughter'of Khaine stuff there.

Already posted elsewhere I know, but from what I hear, theres meant to be 2 Morathi models, one with her still Elf like, the other a big half snake thing, possibly around the size as the everqueen model.

“Twisted into the form of my tormentor”. I guess snake formed Morathi is confirmed. I guess should start listening to you. Any news on the Malerion faction?

5 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

i was thinking more of slaanesh.

since shes a naga/medusa/snake.

and so is fulgrim.

Funnily enough I was starting to think along the same lines, GW have often used snake like bodies in association with Slaanesh.  I'm wondering if we're going to see a Slaaneshii/Aelve combined faction as this would allow GW to move away from the "more adult" design we've seen.  Then again that could risk the ire of people who run mixed order armies with models such as Witch Aelves.  Could we see a faction that could be run in two grand alliances?  Who knows!  It's great fun guessing :)

Probably the best teaser trailer that's been released yet, though it's a bit of a shame this could overshadow Legions of Nagash.  My biggest question is if this is going to tie into Malign Portents?

Morathi has some kind of snake form because of her "tormentor" which could be Slaasnesh but looking at the trailer she is 100% againt Slaasnesh and it falls in line with her Malerion backstory and make Elves Eldar alike - now they are not fighting wich each other but against common enemy - Slaanesh which makes perfect sense with ET and AoS fluff in mind. 

35 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Funnily enough I was starting to think along the same lines, GW have often used snake like bodies in association with Slaanesh.  I'm wondering if we're going to see a Slaaneshii/Aelve combined faction as this would allow GW to move away from the "more adult" design we've seen.  Then again that could risk the ire of people who run mixed order armies with models such as Witch Aelves.  Could we see a faction that could be run in two grand alliances?  Who knows!  It's great fun guessing :)

Probably the best teaser trailer that's been released yet, though it's a bit of a shame this could overshadow Legions of Nagash.  My biggest question is if this is going to tie into Malign Portents?

100% it will. She's after Elias remember? It's the same voice actress.

38 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

well the description of the ideo she finds elias says it deepens the mistery of the melign portents.

So, yeah, my guess is it does tie into it.

1 minute ago, Elmir said:

Coming soon! I do love that dwarf pose... suitably imposing!

shadespire.jpg

I really hope GW reacts to this leak and sends out a teaser video for the Chosen Axes. I'm straining my eyes trying to make out the details of that Runefather in such a low resolution!