The Rumour Thread

Morathi leading updated daughters of Khaine? Interesting.

Since they tease Morathi specifically, I guess that means new miniatures (unless they pull something silly like "play a Bloodwrack Gorgon as Morathi"), so hopefully that is something to finally silence the "no old faction will ever be updated with new miniatures" voices.

I guess this will be another order release, I really do not see them shuffling miniatures between GAs, since it would mean players suddenly no longer being able to use their posession in the forces they bought them for.

I also think we might then see the Tenebrael Shard as part of this. He defenitely has a Cult of Khaine vibe and those horn crowns mostly tied to them.

Really like the monologue, some very nice lore in there. AoS can really use demigods, so, another plus.

Still no new Death minis though :/

Extremely excited to see Morathi come back. A sylvaneth style update to daughters of Khaine would be pretty awesome. With nurgle death and now this teased, 2018 is already living up to its billing as the year of AoS .  Hopefully we will see some models at Lvo this weekend.

• Like 2

Quite easy

Mortali as a new Behemoth/hero

Tenebral Shard or even maybe even Mistweaver 

WitchElves/Sisters of Slaughter battleline 

Blood wrack shrine /avatar 

1-2 new units 

Even more “older“ kits like Doom wrack Riders

As it's clear that Morathi is some kind of Khaine follower as he is dead God. 

And what happened to Malerion and CThulu Elves?  Quite interesting story arc as well with Tyrion being once Avatar od Khaine. 

• Like 1

Just said this over in the MP thread.  I'm wondering if we're going to see a load of new Battletomes dropped this year based on existing ranges (with perhaps one or two models thrown in), in the same way GW has done for Codexes following the new release of 40k.  It'd certainly bring armies all up towards the same level and would mean GW could have quite an aggressive release schedule

2 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Just said this over in the MP thread.  I'm wondering if we're going to see a load of new Battletomes dropped this year based on existing ranges (with perhaps one or two models thrown in), in the same way GW has done for Codexes following the new release of 40k.  It'd certainly bring armies all up towards the same level and would mean GW could have quite an aggressive release schedule

And I'll copy my guess. 

We'll most likely see more battletomes than usual this year but not in the vomited/rushed flavourless manner like 40k in the last 2 editions...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I actually hope this means more releases with minis in this year altogether, even if not all are "army foundation" level scale.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Quite easy

Mortali as a new Behemoth/hero

Tenebral Shard or even maybe even Mistweaver 

WitchElves/Sisters of Slaughter battleline 

Blood wrack shrine /avatar 

1-2 new units 

Even more “older“ kits like Doom wrack Riders

As it's clear that Morathi is some kind of Khaine follower as he is dead God. 

And what happened to Malerion and CThulu Elves?  Quite interesting story arc as well with Tyrion being once Avatar od Khaine. 

I think this is spot on, except for Mistweaver, who will be Malerion aligned. Morathi is reboot of witch elves faction ("Daughters of Khaine"). With the Cauldron of Blood, Medusa, Witch Elves kit and Tenebrael Shard, plus maybe the sorceress, they just need one or two need new units, one or two new heroes, Morathi, and you are good to go. Maybe the rumour of two aelf factions this year is true: it will be both shadow factions.  There is also indeed harpies in that video fighting slaanesh, so maybe new harpy kit (because the current one is hideous). 

Edited by Turgol
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Turgol said:

I think this is spot on, except for Mistweaver, who will be Malerion aligned. Morathi is reboot of witch elves faction ("Daughters of Khaine"). With the Cauldron of Blood, Medusa, Witch Elves kit and Tenebrael Shard, plus maybe the sorceress, they just need one or two need new units, one or two new heroes, Morathi, and you are good to go. Maybe the rumour of two aelf factions this year is true: it will be both shadow factions. 

I think Tenebrael Shard will be with Malerion as well. Some earlier rumours mentioned an all-female faction, and he's most definitely male, and would be the only male in this faction.

As for new units: Those medusae grouped around the altar seemed like "lesser" medusae than the bloodwrack, those might be one new unit. And then the witch elves with spears also seen in the video, and/or new harpies maybe?

1 minute ago, Swooper said:

I think Tenebrael Shard will be with Malerion as well. Some earlier rumours mentioned an all-female faction, and he's most definitely male, and would be the only male in this faction.

As for new units: Those medusae grouped around the altar seemed like "lesser" medusae than the bloodwrack, those might be one new unit. And then the witch elves with spears also seen in the video, and/or new harpies maybe?

You almost ninjaed me there, was about to say the same for harpies and lesser gorgons from the artwork. But I think the witchaelves with spear are from the Bloodcauldron/Bloodwrack Shrine kit.

I think the biggest hope for many here is a reboxing of witchaelves into boxes of twenty, which is the only way GW has reduced prices (the way they doubled liberators at not double price). That kit is still way expensive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Hnnnn. My local store manager seems confident there's something Skaven coming this year but if these are as cool as this tease is making them, my ratty fellows might have to take a back seat...

2nd wave of Shadespire warbands...

• Thanks 1

If there's more Gorgons I reckon this is a piece then.

Image result for rumour engine snake

Can someone please make a decent Metal remix with her voice. It's so angry, I really do commend who ever did the voice acting, I mean, it's no cheesy or cringe-inducing, it's entirely believable 

• Like 2