The Rumour Thread

Well some hellenic chaos Warriors with sleek armour, along the lines of the characters and hellstriders would certainly fit the bill and would sort of be required to tie in teh hellstriders to the overall Theme. Also some robed cultists would fit the bill. Though I don't believe we'll see Slaanesh until next year.

Edited by Jamopower

On 12/01/2018 at 4:38 AM, AverageBoss said:

Soulblight Allegiance is being included in the LoN book (along with GA: Death). The only reason I can think of the allegiance being in this book so soon after GHB (especially with Nighthaunt and FEC not being included), is that is has received some sort of change.

Yes, and by change, I hope we mean new models ;)

With this strange inclusion in the LoN book, there is another two hints this could happen :

1. On the WHTV about Malign Portents, Phil Kelly said to look at the Shyish Innerland Marshes map for new release hints. The only location with a faction described is the Necros Island, where a vampire army has defeated the Khorne invaders.

2. In the last Malign portents video, the female voice could belong to Neferata, and the "my children" part could refer to the vampire from her bloodline (she is the first vampire of the realms with Mannfred). Also, Vampire are sometimes called "children of the night".

But then, with the new rumor about Aelves, and the probability the voice in the video belong to Morathi, we really can't say....

46 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes, and by change, I hope we mean new models ;)

With this strange inclusion in the LoN book, there is another two hints this could happen :

1. On the WHTV about Malign Portents, Phil Kelly said to look at the Shyish Innerland Marshes map for new release hints. The only location with a faction described is the Necros Island, where a vampire army has defeated the Khorne invaders.

2. In the last Malign portents video, the female voice could belong to Neferata, and the "my children" part could refer to the vampire from her bloodline (she is the first vampire of the realms with Mannfred). Also, Vampire are sometimes called "children of the night".

But then, with the new rumor about Aelves, and the probability the voice in the video belong to Morathi, we really can't say....

I mostly want to be Morathi because it NOT being neferata doesn't really decrease the chances of getting a death release but it being Morathi pretty much guarantees shadow aelves

New models for soulblight would not be too farfetched as they are either ancient or a very expensive finecast kit. There would also be a lot of opportunities for new units in the Theme. I'm particularly wishing for a Foot unit of Vampire thralls (as I have a lot of semi-useless Foot vampires), but not holding my breath for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamopower said:

New models for soulblight would not be too farfetched as they are either ancient or a very expensive finecast kit. There would also be a lot of opportunities for new units in the Theme. I'm particularly wishing for a Foot unit of Vampire thralls (as I have a lot of semi-useless Foot vampires), but not holding my breath for that.

Yeah, everyone's talking Morathi and Aelves, but I think vampires makes a heck of a lot more sense. I know there is an Aelf rumor from a source that's been reliable in the past, but given the broader context of Malign Portents and new Soulblight rules in the LoN battletome, I would be willing to put my money on vampires getting an update.

Thought it might be worth pointing out that Neferata has featured pretty heavily in the recent books, as have her 'daughters' - elite vampire warrior women. That could easily be one of the new additions for Death, and it'd fit with the video.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Also, Vampire are sometimes called "children of the night".

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make," is a quote from the original Dracula, but it's not used to describe vampires, but wolves howling at the moon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CJPT said:

Thought it might be worth pointing out that Neferata has featured pretty heavily in the recent books, as have her 'daughters' - elite vampire warrior women. That could easily be one of the new additions for Death, and it'd fit with the video.

I wouldn't mind a plastic set for an female vampire unit on foot, throw in a plastic Blood Dragon kit, a plastic vampire character or 2 and a new zombie kit and a possible Death release would be for me a succes.

Just saw the email from GW with the new pre-orders (next wave of Nurgle), and I noticed the new Malign Portents Video called "The Visitor". I think the female Voice it's Morathi, and the description underneath point towards Dark Elves. 

"From the shadows, a new foe emerges.

An ancient nemesis is returning to the world of warhammer, and the mystery of the Malign Portents deepens. Watch the epilogue and prepare for the reign of shadow..."

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

According to the UK website the Morghasts are no longer available online (as opposed to currently out of stock)

Reboxing/adaption for LoN upoming do we think?

What kind of reboxing would that be? Maybe increase it to 4 Morghast combined with a price reduction? Or maybe still 2 Morghast but with a new and shiny Malign Portents box?

51 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

What kind of reboxing would that be? Maybe increase it to 4 Morghast combined with a price reduction? Or maybe still 2 Morghast but with a new and shiny Malign Portents box?

No idea - was hoping others would be better informed!

They're fairly prominent in AoS art if I remember rightly, so it's unlikely they're being discontinued...? Hopefully...?

8 hours ago, Sete said:

I believe in this dude.

Ok. I think I'm convinced.  It's gotta be shadow aelves. The Games Workshop email that included the Visitor video introduces it with the following text:

"From the shadows, a new foe emergesAn ancient nemesis is returning to the world of Warhammer, and the mystery of the Malign Portents deepens. Watch the epilogue and prepare for the reign of shadow..."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

No idea - was hoping others would be better informed!

They're fairly prominent in AoS art if I remember rightly, so it's unlikely they're being discontinued...? Hopefully...?

I hope that it's just because of reboxing. I just bought one and it says Deathlords on the box. So it might be because of that. Add Legions of Nagash or something like that instead. 

So I was thinking about the Legion of shadows "typo" from the Legions of Nagash announcement,  and this new email that whent out talking about an an ancient nemesis.

Now what if Legion of Night is the soul blight rules with our boy Manny

And Legion of Shadows is Vlad reborn with a new on foot model.

So new Grand Alliance death, Legion of Shadows, Legion of Night, Legion of Sacrament, Legion of Blood would be the 6 Allegiances.

It would make sense that Nagash would want another General more suited for war.

Or someone actually made a typo.

Edited by skool

4 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Or Vlad is coming back. Full on Mortarch of Shadow.

No, Phil Kelly was specifically asked what happened to the other mortarchs and he said this narrative event would only focus on the existing 3 mortarchs with model kits...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Quick lore question. Didn't Nagash himself state that Vlad was the greatest vampire or at least the best Carstein?

That's what nagash thought during whfb, Vlad himself and Arkhan disagree with that fact during the end times. Both Arkhan and Vlad agree manny is the best von carstein. 

Vlad is dead and gone the only other Mortarch that has been hinted so far in AOS is Krell. Even then in the stream Phil Kelly states mannfred is trying to rebuild something similar to sylvania, named carsetinia.(not sure how it's spelt)

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2