The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

The Immortal Empires trailer just droped! I must say that it looks AWESOME!!! Btw, still waiting for Chaos Dwarfs (I don't like how Dwarfs play in TWW)... coff coff

That was amazing! A literal whirlwind tour of the warhammer world. 

Had a thought regarding lizardmen and Skaven. As we all know they both need a range update and I could see next year as being the time to do it. 

It's Warhammers 40th anniversary next year which would be the perfect time to launch The Old World and the perfect time to give Skaven and lizards new models to appeal to AoS players, returning warhammer players and new players alike. 

Skaven and lizardmen are 2 iconic warhammer armies and while I'm sure The Old World will have a range to itself, there is going to be some cross over with AoS after all a clanrat is a clanrat in warhammer or AoS. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

When Old World fans are more likely to get to enjoy Chorfs before us 😭😭😭

There will be a day really soon when we'll gaze upon a full plastic Chorf army. Just imagine all those spectacular hats in PLASTIC, you're building them all, seeing those hench, chad like specimens lined up, you need a rest, oh, just load up Total Warhammer. Animated Chaos Dwarves in all their glory.

I can't flarking wait for Chorfs, just know that they are coming!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

It's better to compare the first year of AoS 3 and the first year of 40k 9. 40k got exactly 1 non marine or Necron in its first 6 months. It wasnt until the following summer with the sisters that 40k got a largish release. The orks and Eldar got about 10 kits each which is fewer than the Soulblight got. 2021 was a great year for AoS minis, with major minis releases for 5 factions: Stormcast, Kruleboyz, Lumineth, Slaanesh and Soulblight, Warhammer quest, broken realms along with 7 major new kits,  Underworlds, and even a warcry box with Red Harvest. 

In 2022 40k will match that with Lotann, Eldar, Chaos, Chaos Knights and Imperial Guard. They have had several kill team boxes as well but I'd still say it's honours even. AoS is shaping up to have a slightly worse 2022 than 40k did last year; 2 mini waves s o far and one major wave for the end of the year plus warcry and Underworlds. 40k had 3 waves of minis with sisters, orks and black templars plus kill team. 

One thing I've noticed is that AoS often gets their big waves dumped in a single week while 40k gets theirs spread out much more. Despite only being 8 kits the Chaos marines have been split into 3 weeks of releases. 

There is always a lot of talk about evil corporate gw but if they just followed the money there would be a much larger focus on 40k kits than there is. 

I understand the frustration waiting for news especially for destruction fans but nobody predicted the Nighthaunt unit before it was previewed. There may yet be some surprises in store this year. 

40k 9th ed also dropped immediately after (and in the middle of) the initial delays, AND released on schedule, while aos stuff got pushed back months.
Gargants were almost certainly intended to be a late spring release and didn't come out until september as an example.

They rushed their 40k schedule at the expense of the aos one back in 2020, which is why 2021 was so loaded with releases (they needed to catch up for 3rd edition aos). Slaanesh and Cursed city were probably both intended to release in late 2020, and broken realms was probably supposed have a less frantic release schedule.

We'll almost certainly have a better 2023 than 2022, given we've gone half a year already with barely anything, but I wouldn't bet on getting another year like 2021.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

There will be a day really soon when we'll gaze upon a full plastic Chorf army. Just imagine all those spectacular hats in PLASTIC, you're building them all, seeing those hench, chad like specimens lined up, you need a rest, oh, just load up Total Warhammer. Animated Chaos Dwarves in all their glory.

I can't flarking wait for Chorfs, just know that they are coming!

When chaos dwarves do arrive and I'm sure they will I don't think they will have big hats. 

I believe they will look more like the forgeworld ones. 

There will be a character I'm sure with an impressive piece of head gear but I think that will be it. 

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

40k 9th ed also dropped immediately after (and in the middle of) the initial delays, AND released on schedule, while aos stuff got pushed back months.
Gargants were almost certainly intended to be a late spring release and didn't come out until september as an example.

They rushed their 40k schedule at the expense of the aos one back in 2020, which is why 2021 was so loaded with releases (they needed to catch up for 3rd edition aos). Slaanesh and Cursed city were probably both intended to release in late 2020, and broken realms was probably supposed have a less frantic release schedule.

We'll almost certainly have a better 2023 than 2022, given we've gone half a year already with barely anything, but I wouldn't bet on getting another year like 2021.

The imbalances are still in effect and a definitely a part of the reason why this year's AoS releases have been lacklustre. GW said as much in their financial report. Idk and Fyreslayers were definitely intended to be 2021 releases and maybe more. As we can see from the ghb we should have had Lumineth and Tzeentch already, possibly the destruction books too given that we are already in August. Going forward I think a normal AoS year should be something like 4 big releases per year plus the usual extras.

Gw has done one totally new faction since launch: 2015 Stormcast, 2016 Fyreslayers, 2017 KO, 2018  IDK, 2019 OBR, 2020 Lumineth, 2021 Kruleboyz. This is definitely the thing that is missing this year.  Were Chorfs originally intended to be the winter release with Slaves in the Autumn? 

We are definitely getting cities next year, but,  as cool as that release is,  it's not a totally new faction.  Hopefully we do get the chaos Duardin. A lot of the rumour engines seem to suggests that the  other two  could be Seraphon and Flesh eaters. (Just my speculation) It will be interesting to see what else comes. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Thank you for your kind words friend, as I wrote my comment after a particularly terrible customer. Sorely needed the kindness today!

Polish_20220811_134154431.png.7013a4b125028e41fe9244b2dcf07e27.png

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. If you need some kind words or just want to vent a little, please feel free to just drop me a DM or something. Life can be rough, especially in this day and age, and we all need a little support once in a while 😊 

#PUDAnon 'till I die! 

And I love the Hyshian orb! Never got a personalized meme before. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

When chaos dwarves do arrive and I'm sure they will I don't think they will have big hats. 

I believe they will look more like the forgeworld ones. 

There will be a character I'm sure with an impressive piece of head gear but I think that will be it. 

The legion of Azgorh actually do fit the old bug hat aesthetic quite well, they don't have as cartoonish proportions as the 90's chaos dwarves, so their hats are smaller, but all the sorcerers, engineers and daemonsmiths have them, and they don't look out of place at all.

its really just the line troops who don't, but lore wise that wasn't an update, rather they were a penal legion of dishonoured soldiers, much like slayers in regular Dawi armies. They had lost the right to wear the big hats, instead having the iron masks.m

I think a new update would likely give us the proper immortals again.

4 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

The legion of Azgorh actually do fit the old bug hat aesthetic quite well, they don't have as cartoonish proportions as the 90's chaos dwarves, so their hats are smaller, but all the sorcerers, engineers and daemonsmiths have them, and they don't look out of place at all.

its really just the line troops who don't, but lore wise that wasn't an update, rather they were a penal legion of dishonoured soldiers, much like slayers in regular Dawi armies. They had lost the right to wear the big hats, instead having the iron masks.m

I think a new update would likely give us the proper immortals again.

It's not an aesthetic thing but more I would believe GW would want to distance themselves from the big hats,  big noses and curly beards as they are now in bad taste,  problematic and insensitive. A redesign would be good. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It's not an aesthetic thing but more I would believe GW would want to distance themselves from the big hats,  big noses and curly beards as they are now in bad taste,  problematic and insensitive. A redesign would be good. 

Pardon me if I'm being ignorant but I didn't realise there was any sensitivity issue with the classic chorf design?

I thought they took inspiration from ancient eastern (assyrian and/or babylonian) imagery in terms of curly beards and big noses (tho lots of dwarfs have big noses), in much the same way as Tomb Kings took inspiration from ancient Egyptian culture. Am I missing something?

21 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Pardon me if I'm being ignorant but I didn't realise there was any sensitivity issue with the classic chorf design?

I thought they took inspiration from ancient eastern (assyrian and/or babylonian) imagery in terms of curly beards and big noses (tho lots of dwarfs have big noses), in much the same way as Tomb Kings took inspiration from ancient Egyptian culture. Am I missing something?

They could be seen as antisemitic with exaggerated features and resemblance to orthodox Jews. 

I'm not saying this was ever intentional or GW is or was antisemitic but I would think that GW would want to ensure that there is no problem going forward. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I always find it a bit odd how we're all on edge about offending someone's feelings but then we roll dice to see if my guys murder, set on fire, eat, maime, electrocute, harvest souls, harvest bones and just generally hurt your guys. Heh. 

Tis a weird world. 

No offense intended just an observation. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Enlightener article.

SdZeEHTswKAEuvPs.jpg

Bau9JEJepBVFoTEn.jpg

You’ll be able to reinforce your Lumineth Realm-lords force with this almighty mage and her retinue, or destabilise the delicate balance of Hysh with the Disciples of Tzeentch, when the Arcane Cataclysm boxed set comes to pre-order in the near future.

Sounds like it may be a surprising ways out yet, 'near future' instead of the 'Coming soon!' they usually tout.

The art's nice though.

dE6EFt5Pm8ge86ka.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I always find it a bit odd how we're all on edge about offending someone's feelings but then we roll dice to see if my guys murder, set on fire, eat, maime, electrocute, harvest souls, harvest bones and just generally hurt your guys. Heh. 

Tis a weird world. 

No offense intended just an observation. 

I do understand that but I think the difference here is that we all know the killing,  maiming and such isn't real and we don't want to actually hurt our oppentent. 

Where a model or a whole line of models that could be seen as portraying a group of very real people with exaggerated traits that doesn't paint them in a very good light should defo be avoided. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

What were the leaks? 

- Shining Company is a warscroll ability less restrictive

- Enlightener is a two cast wizard with that ability

- Teclis, Foxes and Sentinels are meh

- Subfactions:

1. one model counts as two.
  2. Shooting weapons with +6"
  3. Ignore rend -2

57 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

They could be seen as antisemitic with exaggerated features and resemblance to orthodox Jews. 

I'm not saying this was ever intentional or GW is or was antisemitic but I would think that GW would want to ensure that there is no problem going forward. 

Putting arbitrary rules on how art or fantasy should be pursued in order to not hurt anyones feelings is Setting boundaries no one needs nor asked for. Besides, I can assure you not every Orthodox Jew has a beak and the hats are not that big, either. We would fare better if we would think less often about how something might offend someone and just laugh it off. Being a little less fragile, so to say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

- Shining Company is a warscroll ability less restrictive

- Enlightener is a two cast wizard with that ability

- Teclis, Foxes and Sentinels are meh

- Subfactions:

1. one model counts as two.
  2. Shooting weapons with +6"
  3. Ignore rend -2

Any Tzeentch leaks?