The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I don't think we will see anything new if I'm honest (apart from Forgeworld). All the Malign Portents stuff will be revealed tomorrow with hopefully a suitable Warhammer Live show and you will probably get chance to see the models up close on the Open Day. 

Yeah ! (well not tomorrow but Thursday ...)

But which Open day ? I hope if we get more news in two days, there will be more reveals this Saturday ;) 

For Warhammer live, here is the program ; there is an "inside the studio" show at 4pm..... https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/02/week-warhammer-live-7/ 

Ok, wouldnt it be cool IF there was a new warhammer quest box set in shadespire where you could pick one of the existing shadespire warbands to quest with, with rules and upgrades reflecting their different playstyles? Adversaries would be a ton of different new cool undead models?!?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, shinros said:

Erm how are you getting that when the video is just showing off the heralds? 

Because of the Warqueen' speech : 

" ... she seen the rise of shadows bearing rusted blades. Of dead men that walk and hunger for heart's blood

Rally the tribes! Gather the hosts! The dark waists of Shyish will echo with the war howls of a thousands clans!

Follow me into battle my brothers and sisters! Follow me into the Realm of Death!! " (thx @Skarlocin the MP thread).

Also, today's RE use the word "cryptic" ! You know, like a Deathrattle in a crypt !

Well okay ;) It's not much. But the Age of hope is not dead yet !
Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

I wonder if they will bring back some of the old Warhammer scenery? A chance to get some of the old terrain again would be good. Some brand new ruins of Dras’Shiel style scenery would be even better though.

In this month's White Dwarf there are pictures of newly painted Dreadstone Fortresses, Witchfate Tor and Deathknell Watch in the battle report and behind Nagash in the Death feature is a Skullvane Manse...

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Kugane said:

Would be funny when they finally reveal everything and we end up waiting 8 months for the actual release of the stuff.

This is a concern for me, theyre teasing stuff so far in advance im losing interest before its released (cases in point, Magnus the Red, Kharadron Overlords and Shadespire). The Rumour Engines are so vague I pay them no attention any more.

However I really like the preview articles on the Community site, especially the 'Coming next week' ones on a sunday - i think 2 weeks is the sweet spot for me when it comes to reveals.

I must say im impressed with the effort behind the malign portents promotion - i hope they can deliver something worthy of their hype!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

This is a concern for me, theyre teasing stuff so far in advance im losing interest before its released (cases in point, Magnus the Red, Kharadron Overlords and Shadespire). The Rumour Engines are so vague I pay them no attention any more.

However I really like the preview articles on the Community site, especially the 'Coming next week' ones on a sunday - i think 2 weeks is the sweet spot for me when it comes to reveals.

I must say im impressed with the effort behind the malign portents promotion - i hope they can deliver something worthy of their hype!

I, on the other hand could really do with better info on the release schedule.

I am on a tight budget for my hobby purchases and those two week notices are way to short for me to plan out such purchases. I would propably spend more on miniatures if had a better idea what is coming when at which pricing and could plan accordingly, also because I am far more likely to buy older stuff if I know how it relates to opcoming releases.

As things are right now, I mostly hold of on purchases since I never know if not something I like better or have more use for is right around the corner within the same budget window.

• Like 1

It probably changed weeks ago, but I know noticed that at GW site the Age of Sigmar has the new AoS logo and that the AoS  starterset is temporarly out of stock online. I know that this happens  regulary with various kits, but now I am bit hopefull we would see a new starterset. I love startersets. :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

It probably changed weeks ago, but I know noticed that at GW site the Age of Sigmar has the new AoS logo and that the AoS  starterset is temporarly out of stock online. I know that this happens  regulary with various kits, but now I am bit hopefull we would see a new starterset. I love startersets. :D

No that happend yesterday :) 

New year, new fun!

• Like 1