The Rumour Thread

Yeah, it's going to be a busy couple of months. Honestly unless Death gets better stuff than just a single Hero model I'll probably expand into Nurgle since I was planning on doing that anyways once I finished my planned 2K Death army,  and the revealed units are pushing me further into that road.

Either way my wallet is going to suffer, since it's either new death stuff or new nurgle stuff haha

2 hours ago, bsharitt said:

100 internet points to whoever called the silhouette as a nurgling.

While we were all pretty sure it was coming, it's certainly nice to to have official confirmation of a Nurgle battle tome. Looking at him compared to the other models, how does he compare to the FW model for those that have seen on in person?

I think most people did... was pretty obviously a Nurgling with that horn and the Beast sneak peek we'd already had.

• Confused 2

Firsly the new nurgle stuff is off the hook good (#90s)

Secondly I wonder how or whether this relesse fits into Malign Portents - now that we know the next model release is Nurgle, my guess is that Malign Portents comes initially with a fairly limited model release that kick start a series of campaign books that lead up to a new box set in the spring/summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So today's new video seems to tie the coming Nurgle releases into Malign Portents. My gut reaction is that it's not because Nurgle will have an out sized role in the coming events, but they have models coming out and this ties it all together. My current guess is that the overall theme is going to be "Nagash Strikes Back" and most everyone is going to find themselves fighting the dead as they invade all the realms.

• Like 2

Hmmm,

I'm not sure about all factions being turned against death in this. Sigmar might still be hoping to come to terms with Nagash again. And if this shapes up to be a nurgle vs Nagash clash, it might even see a few more instances of death working along with the SCE...

I can see an aelf faction being released as well as champions of life (as... in a perverted kind of way... Nurgle is as well).  So a split in order in factions who end up being radically opposed to Chaos vs opposed to death might be in the works too?

2 minutes ago, Swooper said:

I noticed that the GUO reveal yesterday mentioned that Rotigus is sometimes mistakenly worshipped as a deity of life. That might be a small hint for a Nurgle vs Death conflict?

The stagnation of undeath might even be more offensive to Nurgle than Order.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So today's new video seems to tie the coming Nurgle releases into Malign Portents. My gut reaction is that it's not because Nurgle will have an out sized role in the coming events, but they have models coming out and this ties it all together. My current guess is that the overall theme is going to be "Nagash Strikes Back" and most everyone is going to find themselves fighting the dead as they invade all the realms.

I agree with this

24 minutes ago, Elmir said:

it might even see a few more instances of death working along with the SCE...

It could well do but noticeably in the video it was nurgle v freepeoples and Stormcast v death depicted in the tapestry style animations. Who knows if that is significant.

Anyone this was another great video! My favourite so far.

13 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Isn’t stagnation part of Nurgles thing? That’s why Tzeentch and Nurgle are opposed. 

I think the lore on that has changed a bit, Nurgle=stagnation has been the word in a lot of older sources, but I have not really seen it around lately. Newer background shows Nurgle more as a "Circle of Life" kind of guy, propably to differentiate him more from forces like Death in AoS or Necron and the Imperium in wh40k (there is some focus on the derogation of the "Corpse God" in the Deatguard lore).

I really think this is a good change, since the circular creation process meshes much better with Nurgles other qualities (like his joyfulness, industrious energy, the fatherly portrayal) and the nature of Chaos (overwhelming emotion, constant change and mutation).

I think the contrast with Tzeentch is kept well intact this way.

Nurgles way is at once predictable (always death and decay, follow by new, more fecund life) and directionless (Nurgle just wants his love, his children and his garden spread everywhere).

Meantime Tzeentch is the most unpredictable of the Chaos gods, but he always seeks some sort of specific end in the influence he excerts (no matter how pointless those ends might be).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Nurgles way is at once predictable (always death and decay, follow by new, more fecund life) and directionless (Nurgle just wants his love, his children and his garden spread everywhere).

Meantime Tzeentch is the most unpredictable of the Chaos gods, but he always seeks some sort of specific end in the influence he excerts (no matter how pointless those ends might be).

Yeah, Nurgle is a cycle of change where Tzeentch is more random change.

Please guys....

this is the rumour thread. We already have a new Nurgle discussion thread going.

If your post starts with... i believe.... it could be they intend... this story could fit this book.... or especially if it starts with 40K

just post it in fitting discussion threads.

This thread here is for rumours only not story sharing or 40K wishlisting

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think the lore on that has changed a bit, Nurgle=stagnation has been the word in a lot of older sources, but I have not really seen it around lately. Newer background shows Nurgle more as a "Circle of Life" kind of guy, propably to differentiate him more from forces like Death in AoS or Necron and the Imperium in wh40k (there is some focus on the derogation of the "Corpse God" in the Deatguard lore).

I really think this is a good change, since the circular creation process meshes much better with Nurgles other qualities (like his joyfulness, industrious energy, the fatherly portrayal) and the nature of Chaos (overwhelming emotion, constant change and mutation).

I think the contrast with Tzeentch is kept well intact this way.

39 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Nurgle is about decay and new growth where undeath stops without rebirth.

Ah yes - in DoT it says ‘Tzeentch pits his ceaseless evolution against the stagnant loop of Nurgles closed circle of life and death.’ So it is still a stagnation, but as in sticking to the natural cycle of things, not a literal stagnation. 

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

Isn’t stagnation part of Nurgles thing? That’s why Tzeentch and Nurgle are opposed. 

To be metaphorically precise, Nurgle is Entropy. Which is why he's simultaneously about both life/change and eventual annihilation in the heat-death-of-the-universe sense.

But yeah, this is the rumour thread so rumours: Seems like Malign Portents is either going to focus on Nurgle vs Death or else they're at least tying in all the released together. On the other hand we know the incoming Black Library books focus on "soul wars" which suggests a conflict with Order, since that's Nagash's whole beef with Sigmar, that he's supposedly 'poaching' souls due to Nagash to make Stormcasts. 

41 minutes ago, Inqy said:

To be metaphorically precise, Nurgle is Entropy. Which is why he's simultaneously about both life/change and eventual annihilation in the heat-death-of-the-universe sense.

But yeah, this is the rumour thread so rumours: Seems like Malign Portents is either going to focus on Nurgle vs Death or else they're at least tying in all the released together. On the other hand we know the incoming Black Library books focus on "soul wars" which suggests a conflict with Order, since that's Nagash's whole beef with Sigmar, that he's supposedly 'poaching' souls due to Nagash to make Stormcasts. 

I've still got my money on the Nurglre release jsut being synced with 40k, but GW is taking advantage of the timing to ling it with Malign Portents and over all Malign Portents will be about Nagash releasing his wrath against all the mortal realms without any special preference towards order, chaos, or destruction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Please guys....

this is the rumour thread. We already have a new Nurgle discussion thread going.

If your post starts with... i believe.... it could be they intend... this story could fit this book.... or especially if it starts with 40K

just post it in fitting discussion threads.

This thread here is for rumours only not story sharing or 40K wishlisting

For my money this thread is also discussing all the new malign portents and nurgle videos and suggesting our interpretations of what they could mean....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

I've still got my money on the Nurglre release jsut being synced with 40k, but GW is taking advantage of the timing to ling it with Malign Portents and over all Malign Portents will be about Nagash releasing his wrath against all the mortal realms without any special preference towards order, chaos, or destruction.

Yeah I agree with this, smart move on their part. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inqy said:

The second option seems more likely to me and would not exactly be new. I think if the upcoming Malign Portents/Soul Wars story arc, however it is otherwhise played out and presented, takes anything from the Realmgate Wars, it is propably that all releases during the arcs run will tie into it and play their own part.

7 hours ago, Carnelian said:

For my money this thread is also discussing all the new malign portents and nurgle videos and suggesting our interpretations of what they could mean....

Yes you are right, suggesting interpretions is perfectly fine in the Malign Portens and the New Nurgle threads.

This is exactly what they are created for. We don't need to discuss same stuff in 3 different threads.

Interpreting stuff is not a rumour.

• Like 1