The Rumour Thread

Considering the Horns of Hashut have the Cultist Keyword and are listed next to the Warcry bands in the table of contents/have a profile similar to Warcry bands, they will almost certainly be a Warcry band. I imagine there is a very good chance we see them as the reveal coming up this week for Warcry. Not sure if it will be an individual box, or if they will be in a boxed set.

Angrypanda could definitely be right about the Legionnaires being a Warcry band too - could make for an interesting boxed set or could just be a few new boxed warbands. A new boxed set seems little off with how recent Red Harvest was, though I suppose GW might have decided to take Warcry the Kill Team route.

• Like 1

Im going to speculate on the tomes reveal and say that Drogrukh are coming to destruction. Similar to how at the start of deaths release we had night haunt lead into ossiarch and finally soulblight. I think we see kruleboys lead into Drogrukh and possibly finishing with grots after Kragnos weakens at the end of the beasts era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rollcage said:

Im going to speculate on the tomes reveal and say that Drogrukh are coming to destruction.

That would feel very out of left field to me, and I really hope gitz and mawtribes are on the docket before a new destruction faction releases. Drogrukh also feel like they’d inevitably be mega-gargants lite, like BCR running all stonehorns, and that seems like an odd way to double down on an existing play style when updating those existing armies is needed.

I guess we’ll see either way

• Like 3

Just now, Garrac said:

I mean, destruction only has 4 factions. A new one would be very interesting for the GA and the lore.

Yea it could do with some spicing up. We get hints at things like Fimir, Grotbag Scuttlers and Drogrukh that could happen for destruction. Or perhaps something as yet unknown in the narrative, to be revealed in the new campaign tome fluff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

That would feel very out of left field to me, and I really hope gitz and mawtribes are on the docket before a new destruction faction releases. Drogrukh also feel like they’d inevitably be mega-gargants lite, like BCR running all stonehorns, and that seems like an odd way to double down on an existing play style when updating those existing armies is needed.

I guess we’ll see either way

Going off AoS 2 death focused releases, we had 1 new death army per year 2018/2019/2021(covid delay). I would be thinking to see it go kruleboys 2021 then Drogrukh 2022 then grots 2023/2024. The other destro factions prob get a hero and battletome like idoneth and slayers. 

With slaves2dark / sylvaneth already keyed more units. I think beasts of chaos and khorne are quite possible for more stuff based on core rulebook hints. Ossiarch hinted at the stalliarch horsemen mortarch in this edition. 

Skaven vs malerion are keyed for nearer 4.0, maybe pre leadup. Skaven could get beasties in the Clan moulder hints. 

Anyways thats my rambling thoughts based on the published books so far. 

They did flush out drogrukh in the warhammer article with kragnos then they are mentioned in the Orruk warclans battletome in the realm of ghur section. They are popping up alot after kragnos and like Nagash fitting in directly with ossiarch I feel that kragnos will fit in very much with the drogrukh release. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rollcage said:

Im going to speculate on the tomes reveal and say that Drogrukh are coming to destruction. Similar to how at the start of deaths release we had night haunt lead into ossiarch and finally soulblight. I think we see kruleboys lead into Drogrukh and possibly finishing with grots after Kragnos weakens at the end of the beasts era. 

Drogrukh would be a fun release but unforunately they are extinct arent they? Unless I interpreted the lore wrong Carcass Donse, where the Drogrukh live, was destroyed during the war between the Drogrukh and the Dragons whilst Kragnos was imprisoned driving bith races to almost extinction with the Slann being gifted the last of the Dragon eggs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rachmani said:

I‘m not completely sure if they didn’t leak the hype themselves (and then published the Warcom Article).

I agree with you. Given the depth of this leak I'm guessing it's tactical.

For a release that is end of year they won't have seeded sample books out into the wild just yet, because it's around now you'd be looking at doing final sign off and sending them to print for the first proofs.

Which makes the picture we're looking probably a studio copy.

Which makes the leaks from someone inside the mothership.

S2D tanked last release, there wasn't the reception that had been hoped for, and so this is a hype builder.

there's many factions that won't need more than a few weeks build up , but sales figures probably suggest that slaves aren't moving as well as they'd expected - and by that I mean that the know there is a BIG follower base out there, which should have corresponded in big sales, and also lots of positive buzz on the interweb, and although that may have been the case, it wasn't as much as hoped for.

In truth, what did we get? a start collecting box and a few extra bits but nothing that made us go wow.

So, my gut feeling is that there is a high investment gone into this release, and with it they need the hype behind it to make sure all those new models shift.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Drogrukh would be a fun release but unforunately they are extinct arent they? Unless I interpreted the lore wrong Carcass Donse, where the Drogrukh live, was destroyed during the war between the Drogrukh and the Dragons whilst Kragnos was imprisoned driving bith races to almost extinction with the Slann being gifted the last of the Dragon eggs.

so he's the largest of the breed, so what sort of size do you think they'd be if we did get them?

I’m predicting for the AOS reveal we will see 4-5 Sylvaneth related new models and a battletome.

1 x Battletome

1 x Medium to Large Model with unnamed and named options

1 x Small hero 

1 x unit of 3-5 cavalry/flyers 

1 x smaller 10 person battleline ranged unit.

this is based on an average gathered from last years reveals for the shown flags and what the Sylvaneth lack. 

16 hours ago, Mutton said:

No battletomes next week, which is kind of annoying. Why bother previewing rules just to get us excited for nothing?

Not AoS, but they've been previewing Defence of the North rules for almost half a year now, and we've been seeing the models since February 2021. 

Seems they spread rules previews out over a longer period now. I think the Tyranid ones were about three weeks worth before pre-order? Granted, that had been another 'entire codex leak'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jagd said:

Yea it could do with some spicing up. We get hints at things like Fimir, Grotbag Scuttlers and Drogrukh that could happen for destruction. Or perhaps something as yet unknown in the narrative, to be revealed in the new campaign tome fluff.

Don't forget about Silent People

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Sam Pearson played a campaign based on the Carcass Donse (Whitedwarf 475, awesome read for anyone interested). A lot of ruins and vaults around there, but it seems that the Drogrukh had a bad time before going the way of the Dodo.

Edited by Beliman

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

I mean, destruction only has 4 factions. A new one would be very interesting for the GA and the lore.

A part of me has begun to genuinely wonder if there is the possibility that "Fimir" could make a return as a new faction for destruction now. Much like many of the other older races that have had a considerable glow up (AoS and 40K) and necessary changes to bring them up to date and in line with Games-Workshop's IP. Prior to Leagues of Votaan and the mention of Hashut in the new Slaves to Darkness battletome I'd have laughed at it. Now, I am wondering. Same thing with a grot focused army based around Rippa's Snarlfangs concept. 

Edited by Lavieth
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

A part of me has begun to genuinely wonder if there is the possibility that "Fimir" could make a return as a new faction for destruction now. Much like many of the other older races that have had a considerable glow up (AoS and 40K) and necessary changes to bring them up to date and in line with Games-Workshop's IP. Prior to Leagues of Votaan and the mention of Hashut in the new Slaves to Darkness battletome I'd have laughed at it. Now, I am wondering. Same thing with a grot focused army based around Rippa's Snarlfangs concept. 

Kruelboyz feel too much like they're Not!Fimir by design for them to come back now. 

• Like 4