The Rumour Thread

well at 1" thralls wasnt even bad. they were totally useless and none with more than 1iq would pay the points of a full unit for half unit.

at 2" they are finally playable. even at 200p they would be as good as at 1" lol. and they have lower armor than most of elites, lower bravery ( same as most but lost standard?). lower damage agains 2-4w models, sligthy better than average against 1w models and much better against 5w models. so they should be raised to average elite cost or sligthy less because armor and bravery. maybe 130-140p.

despite that i will like them more than the 1" trash even at 160p

and yes. i hope every 10model unit with bigger than 25mn bases get changed to 2", vulkites, saurus.etc etc

Namartis have 8'8 damage as every other elite against the worst target and a 50%\100% more damage than every other elite against the 90% of the targets and cost 50 less points.

Just compare them to dwarfs hammerers,black guard,swordmens of free people,phoenyx guard etc all have around 10 damage that is less than namartis and cost 140\170 pointsbut namartis 120? Must cost 140+ or gonna be broken and also move 6" when the normal is 4\5 and inmune to shootimg for be idoneth.

Or a fast compare to vulkites of the same box,180 points for 7 damage with the pick and have same 30 base and only 4 move.

I agree every 30 base model must get 2" range but namartis with 2" range must cost 150+ or gonna be overpower

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

AoS in 2021 had Slaanesh (delayed from 2020), Daughters (delayed from 2020), Soulblight Gravelords (don’t know if the book was delayed but Cursed City definitely was, which I believe would have also delayed the book), Lumineth (pretty sure these were delayed from 2020 as well as I don’t believe gw intended to release 2 books so close together-my thoughts are the wave 2 models were delayed for some reason and gw decided to release a smaller book as the backlash from delaying Lumineth considering all the hype was something they didn’t want to deal with), Stormcast, Nurgle, Orruks. Of these, all but 3 were meant to be in 2020, and of those 3, only 2 got a reasonable amount of models 

yes I’m ignoring the single model releases that came with the Broken Realms books

Yeah it should be noted that 2021 had a lot of AoS stuff but that mainly because 2020 was abysmal because of 9th edition which was what happen in 8th edition as well.

I don’t think we should use the 2021 release an excuse for the current drought because they still went ahead and release a new edition which come with the expectation of updating the army battle tomes at a good enough satisfying pace

Edited by novakai
  • Like 5

well per example grave guard, 2 less move in exchange of 3 bravery, they do always 13,2 dmg and 2,2 mortals.

against thralls 8,8 or 13,2 or 17,6.. so grave guard is better in every situation and only sligthy worse against 4+w, since have 2 lesser dmg but some of his dmg in mortals.

and they are in 20mm bases, so even at 1" they have easier time geting 10-20 models at rangue.

so in general i would say grave guard is better most of the time, and they cost 140p and even have the option to have shield to be tankier.and i dont see vampires spaming them so thrals couldnt be more than 130.  more that and they will get see same table those 4 years ( none haha)

Edited by Kitsumy

So tye best infantry of the game grave guard,cost 140 and is a 50% slower than namartis,and have the same damage(if we do tye median betwen every mode of namartis the damage is the same than grave guards)

So.......same damage,same wounds,same save,but a 50% faster and grave guard cost 140 and namartis must cost less?only vs grave guard is easy see how namartis must cost 150 or more because it is imposible cost the same than grave guard with the same stats but 50% faster and moreover grave guard is deleted of the map due to be slow and zero protection vs shootimg where naartis are fast and inmune to shoot that are the reason that grave guard isnt played

1 hour ago, Doko said:

I hope vulkites have rangue 2" also or then gonna be as the hero where idoneths get the big stick and dwarfs the short.

Also namartis now have the stats of 150 points units but cost only 120.......

I hope they don’t get 2” range. It makes sense on thralls due to the size of the weapons, but not for vulkites.

the solution to 32mm base models with 1” range isn’t to bump them all up to 2” as that devalues the units who already have 2”+ range. The solution is 40K style combat rules

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

the solution to 32mm base models with 1” range isn’t to bump them all up to 2” as that devalues the units who already have 2”+ range. The solution is 40K style combat rules

yes that would be great. but gw is too stuborn to admit his errors. same with double turn.they prefer to have different things to make games diferent, despite some rules being clearly inferior or wrong

So a bad unit as vulkites with 30" and 1" range must continue being useless until next edition with luck if this stupid idea of new coherency dissapear?

Or get his damage doubled so they can do a ok damage with 5 models because they never gonna can attack with entire the unit?

I think is easier put 2" to every 30 base model,also isnt so weird have one hand weapons with 1" when we have some cavalrys lances with only 1" haha

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I hope they don’t get 2” range. It makes sense on thralls due to the size of the weapons, but not for vulkites.

Or just change the coherency rule from 6 to 10 so at least a min size of ten infantry model with 1 inch reach can all attack without breaking coherency

Edited by novakai
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

at 2" they are finally playable. even at 200p they would be as good as at 1" lol. and they have lower armor than most of elites, lower bravery

Don’t know.

from a skaven standpoint.

rhey have the same armor save as the elite foot troops of the skaven.

they have definitely a better bravery characteristic.

and they hit on a 3 instead of a 4.

the only thing keeping them away is their extremely small range of 1 inch, with a base size of more then that.

Same problem with bestigors.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some kind of rank and file that determines if a model is in range to attack instead of inches.

or having it consistent over all the units.

I find it very stupid, when two spear guys from different factions have different kind of rang.

• Like 1

I don't take all this namarty-vulkite comparisons.

They are not from the same army, they have diferent active and passive buffs, they are not used for the same role, they don't even have the same tools to play...

I get the point, people want to play vulkites and don't feel bad about them, but trying to compare them with other battlelines is not how AoS works. And another advise, 3.0 seems to increase points to everyone with a bonus for multi-wound units.

I will wait to see how IDK and Fyreslayers plays before starting this discussion.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

No Man Reads Book yet, but did nab pictures off BoLS.

Changes

• Flamekeeper is a Totem but not a Priest. No other abilities but what we saw before.
  • Throwing Axes went to 4+ to hit and wound.
  • Aurics lost Sworn Protectors and no more +1 Damage against Monsters. Gained +1 Bravery. The movement debuff is now -1" instead of halved (lol).
  • Hearthguard Berzerkers' lost their permanent 6++ and now just get a flat 4++ if a FS Hero is wholly within 9" of the unit.
  • Vulkites are now two separate entries for Dual Handaxes/Slingshields which explains the 9th Warscroll.
  • Dual Handaxes lost the reroll to hit, instead they get +1 to hit on the charge.
  • Slingshields go to a 4+ save but are down to 1 Attack.

• Namarti Reavers don't have Fire options anymore, 3+ Hit and Wound are just built in. +1 to hit when in within 9" but lost the Run re-roll. 
  • Allopexes have 3" coherency instead of 1".

I don't play Idoneth so someone'll have to spot any other changes there.

• Flamekeeper - 80pts
  • Auric Hearthguard - 120pts (-5)
  • Hearthguard Berzerkers - 135pts (+10)
  • Dual Handaxe Vulkites - 160
  • Slingshield Vulkites - 170 (+10)

• Thrallmaster - 110pts
  • Allopexes - 165pts (+40)
  • Thralls - 130pts (+10)
  • Reavers - 170pts (+55)

6r2op1Z.png

qdEMZW1.png

3U6tiH5.png

gRBHSGr.png

O8zyLBD.png

w6oOPcw.png

23mmRDg.png

OWLTW1X.png

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

Hats off to GW for summoning the courage to do something about the disruptive presence of FS in the meta. The army really needed to be taken down a notch. Let's hope the next battlescroll includes buffs to LotFP, SoB, LRL, DoK, DoT, and Seraphon.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seems obvious dwarfs got the bin guy and idoneths the seraphons and lumineths guys.

In what world irondrakes was overpower and had to be nerfed but now reavers have same damage and havent th penalty for move or is in melle,have a bonus +1 hit and 50%more move than irondrakes.......is how irondrakes with bridge and running and shooting all in the same unit fir same cost.

Is a joke how fyreslayers that were a botton army didnt get any buff but idoneths get huge buffs and now have the best infantry and rangued of the game.

Oh and the hero also,idoneth get buffs free with no requisites but dwarf must die half unit and isnt priest.......

In what world a vulkite with shield and pick have 8'8 damage and 30 base with1" range and cost 170 but namarti have 17 damage with 2" and cost 135? Is a joke tye balance of these two armys,even hearthguard berzerkers cost as namartis but have only 8'8 damage and namarti 18 and 50% extra move

This box is a joke,is as a box of goblins vs lumineths have goblins get nerfed every unit and lumineths huge buffs. That have been this box.

A army as fyreslayers that havent won any tournament and is useless this edition got nerfed EVERY unit of the tome but meanwhile reavers are now the best rangued unit of the game and namarti the best infantry of the game when idoneths were allready a top 10 army

Edited by Doko
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

I don't take all this namarty-vulkite comparisons.

They are not from the same army, they have diferent active and passive buffs, they are not used for the same role, they don't even have the same tools to play...

I get the point, people want to play vulkites and don't feel bad about them, but trying to compare them with other battlelines is not how AoS works. And another advise, 3.0 seems to increase points to everyone with a bonus for multi-wound units.

I will wait to see how IDK and Fyreslayers plays before starting this discussion.

Fair enough. After all other armies have access to a wide range of supporting troops of all kinds, magic, powerful buffs, etc. Fyreslayers have the incredible power of their tiny roster and virtually no troop options backing up their vulkites, so they should definitely be less powerful baseline than basically every other army. For sure.

• Like 2