The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, madmac said:

Hope and expectation are entirely different things. Fyreslayer players have been waiting 5+ years for a new model, expectations are below sea level, while hope is the only reason to keep playing the army.

Well Technically Fyreslayers got the Doomseeker from Silver tower between those five years. But it wasn’t really a spectacular model so no one remembers it as a new model they got

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well Technically Fyreslayers got the Doomseeker from Silver tower between those five years. But it wasn’t really a spectacular model so no one remembers it as a new model they got

Which one was that? Was it the semi-naked dwarf with a long orange beard and a huge axe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

The Doomseeker is a nice model, I like him. Completely useless on the table and always has been, unfortunately. Same role as the Grimwrath but forever worse at it.

• Like 1

Just now, Beliman said:

Not sure if it count but...

Magmic Battleforge:

Magmic Battleforge | Games Workshop Webstore

And Endless Spells Prayers:

FyreslayersPreview-Apr7-MagmicInvocations4sykve-e1554753263764.jpg

They do count, but solved absolutely none of the issues the army has like low variety in the Duardin themselves, an extreme lack of units and waaay too many heroes.

What Fyreslayers need is some models that really strengthen their unique points. Female Duardin, Magmaqueens, more Magmadroths (minidroth cavalry please), more Zharrgrim, an avatar of Grimnir with actual rules for the Fyreslayers, etc. Or any combination of this. Bael-Grimnirs runedaughter heir could already be a great start, but even just minidroth cavalry could make the army basically complete.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

They do count, but solved absolutely none of the issues the army has like low variety in the Duardin themselves, an extreme lack of units and waaay too many heroes.

What Fyreslayers need is some models that really strengthen their unique points. Female Duardin, Magmaqueens, more Magmadroths (minidroth cavalry please), more Zharrgrim, an avatar of Grimnir with actual rules for the Fyreslayers, etc. Or any combination of this. Bael-Grimnirs runedaughter heir could already be a great start, but even just minidroth cavalry could make the army basically complete.

I hope Fyreslayers have more luck than KOs. Our Balloon-mastger helped with some battlelines but it did nothing to fix all KO issues (like extremely long pew-pew-pew phase, same uninteractive gameplay as ever, etc...).

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, zamerion said:

WHWAnniversary

It's probably Bugman since Warhammer World has the Bugman's Bar with a few exclusive models of Josef.

9iVXNvy.jpg

eQDEs7iq9ahtJYqE.jpg

However my first thought turned to the 25th White Dwarf Grombrindal model, but that might just be the paint job that's doing it, since he lacks the curled moustache that Josef has.

ac696mig9b221.jpg?auto=webp&s=aa3dd1d0b7

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

It's probably Bugman since Warhammer World has the Bugman's Bar with a few exclusive models of Josef.

eQDEs7iq9ahtJYqE.jpg

However my first thought turned to the 25th White Dwarf Grombrindal model, but that might just be the paint job that's doing it.

Bugman and Grombrindal, secretly twins separated at birth?

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

WHWAnniversary

Who is the artist? That is a truly wonderful piece. I hope that this artist works on the next Duardin book and what is that strange quadruped in the bottom left? Also more emphasis on Ghur!

I genuinely hope we can get this without the text it would make a great background for the computer. 

Edited by Neverchosen

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Who is the artist? That is a truly wonderful piece. I hope that this artist works on the next Duardin book and what is that strange quadruped in the bottom left? Also more emphasis on Ghur!

I genuinely hope we can get this without the text it would make a great background for the computer. 

This artwork is a combination.

It's the End Times artwork for Joseph Bugman (because the pub inside Warhammer World I guess), probably by Kevin Chin, and the beasties are by Nuala Kindrade (the map maker). 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

9iVXNvy.jpg

eQDEs7iq9ahtJYqE.jpg

However my first thought turned to the 25th White Dwarf Grombrindal model, but that might just be the paint job that's doing it, since he lacks the curled moustache that Josef has.

Maybe this is me high on hopium but...TOW or dispossessed news, maybe?

3 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Am I right in thinking that the only known books for aos next year based on Whitefang leaks are 

idk

fyreslayers

obr

Lumineth

?

Almost. AFAIK he never confirmed idk and Fyreslayers tomes, he confirmed the battle box

Lumineth he said would be "too soon" before 2023 but too far away at 2024.

OBR I don't remember what he said and am too lazy to use the search function on this site lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Almost. AFAIK he never confirmed idk and Fyreslayers tomes, he confirmed the battle box

Lumineth he said would be "too soon" before 2023 but too far away at 2024.

OBR I don't remember what he said and am too lazy to use the search function on this site lol

There’s a search function?

• Haha 1