The Rumour Thread

Imagine a Vermintide game-like with AoS ...

Fyreslayer/Karadron , Lumineth/Idoneth , Stormcast/CoS , some Ogor mercenary

Why not literaly Cursed City into video games? i want to see AoS world as the books describe it!

as for rumors it seems like Eldar stole the cake for now, but they deserve it, i really wonder who is the next Army (and Underworld warband ...)

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Honestly, I know people will have beef with Nexon for their games but I am genuinely excited to see some Age of Sigmar stories explored in a multiplayer video game format. For better or worse Nexon will bring a wider audience than the smaller developers that have worked on the previously released AoS games. 

• Like 3

I'm legitimately surprised we haven't gotten a Nurgle article today. I mean it's the preview week for the first AoS book in about 4 months, the first non release army, and we've gotten one article? Normally at this point I'd assume they've just phoned the book in and there's nothing exciting to post about, but all the leaks and rumors point to it being a really significant change with a ton of new stuff. Why in the world isn't GW talking about it?

2 hours ago, Popisdead said:

woot, love it.  Not being sarcastic, I love that it appears Craftworld is getting some love.  

oh man that's an bad head.  Not to pick on you, kudos if you like the design.  I wouldn't be telling that ugly thing my deepest desires.

I wish they had have done that head from the... how was Malekith's dad?  Aenarion?  The pencil art from the 6th edition High Elf book.  Man that was a wicked keeper.

Colour me confused, but, they’re basically the same design.

5EFC4890-AEE6-44AA-B9AB-A82CE9324E57.jpeg

54A0C7E6-C3A6-45F8-A81B-908D9196E935.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I'm legitimately surprised we haven't gotten a Nurgle article today. I mean it's the preview week for the first AoS book in about 4 months, the first non release army, and we've gotten one article? Normally at this point I'd assume they've just phoned the book in and there's nothing exciting to post about, but all the leaks and rumors point to it being a really significant change with a ton of new stuff. Why in the world isn't GW talking about it?

My guess is they will be doing them this week and next week as there are no more releases this year. 

Also it's only Wednesday, still 2 more days of the week to go. 

I do get baffled at the idea that GW doesn't like some armies so won't promote them properly or just phone it in. They are a business and want to sell everything they make. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

How many times do they need to rewrite the bone man's warscroll? They've had plenty of chances. How about rewriting some smaller warscrolls for units that really need it.

Like Morathi's spear, it is a tradition. Expect his rules to change once again with a new OBR book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Funny enough this IS that keeper. At least their interpretation of it applied to the new keeper body. I agree it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the art, but it is N'kari. 

Also no Nurgle article yet today? Are we actually going to get a genestealer cult article but no Nurgle one?

We got this, just snuck down the side of the sofa.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/07/in-battletome-maggotkin-of-nurgle-the-diseased-rule-is-a-gift-that-just-keeps-on-giving/

The all units getting stinky tokens is interesting as it opens the question are they going to do something like that for khorne?

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/07/in-battletome-maggotkin-of-nurgle-the-diseased-rule-is-a-gift-that-just-keeps-on-giving/

The all units getting stinky tokens is interesting as it opens the question are they going to do something like that for khorne?

This is from yesterday.  And judging by the complication to flavor to power analysis of this rule I expect individual khorne models will have to track how many skull tokens they have (1 per enemy model slain by that model regardless of points or wounds etc) and once they have 8 they'll get +1 to hit for the last turn of the game because let's be honest it took 4 turns to activate this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

This is from yesterday.  And judging by the complication to flavor to power analysis of this rule I expect individual khorne models will have to track how many skull tokens they have (1 per enemy model slain by that model regardless of points or wounds etc) and once they have 8 they'll get +1 to hit for the last turn of the game because let's be honest it took 4 turns to activate this.

I'll get me coat..

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Just like the Custodes preview I couldn't wrap my head around on first reading. Interesting but intuitive is a delicate balancing act, so I can't complain if GW struggles a bit.
I liked Nurgle's Cycle, Tzeentch's Destiny Dice, Gitz' moon (needs tweaking though), OBR's system, and CoS's thematic diversity. So it isn't like they can't dial in to the right wavelength for faction abilities and I will be never pleased.

I also dislike them gutting fun warscrolls but that's another topic of discussion.

16 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Kinda reminds me of Kastelai "leveling up" that Vampire units get if they destroy a unit. In the case of Kastelai it is a nice bonus that some units get throughout the game. Maybe they will get a Command Trait like Rousing Commander were you can proc the "bonus" on demand for a round.

2 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Just like the Custodes preview I couldn't wrap my head around on first reading. Interesting but intuitive is a delicate balancing act, so I can't complain if GW struggles a bit.
I liked Nurgle's Cycle, Tzeentch's Destiny Dice, Gitz' moon (needs tweaking though), OBR's system, and CoS's thematic diversity. So it isn't like they can't dial in to the right wavelength for faction abilities and I will be never pleased.

I also dislike them gutting fun warscrolls but that's another topic of discussion.

You can have good flavor with simple mechanics too, but its important if you have complexity for that complexity to actually matter and contribute something to the army. Gutrippaz Skareshields, and the Swampcalla shaman's poisons and elixirs are perfect examples of bad complexity.

My issue with the nurgle one is that it seems excessively wordy for how impactful it is. I imagine the number of disease counters will tie into their summoning somehow too, at which point maybe there's enough justification for it?

IMO I'd have rather seen the mechanic just keep track of if something is diseased or not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

You can have good flavor with simple mechanics too, but its important if you have complexity for that complexity to actually matter and contribute something to the army. Gutrippaz Skareshields, and the Swampcalla shaman's poisons and elixirs are perfect examples of bad complexity.

My issue with the nurgle one is that it seems excessively wordy for how impactful it is. I imagine the number of disease counters will tie into their summoning somehow too, at which point maybe there's enough justification for it?

IMO I'd have rather seen the mechanic just keep track of if something is diseased or not.

It's almost like this confusion and concern about a core mechanic could be alleviated with some sort of... message from GW? Some method of regular communication they could establish between themselves and us, the customers. Something where they could talk about new and upcoming rules. Who knows, might even help build sales by generating customer engagement and excitement instead of leaving everyone hanging and assuming the worst from their products. Maybe they should get working on that. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, EntMan said:

Battle Mages in particular but also various Freeguild seem to show up quite frequently on the "selling fast" tab on the webstore, for what it's worth.

I think this is a stock levels thing with the webstore. The older kits, they probably keep less of them in stock these days, and when stock levels hit a certain amount the webstore classes them as ‘selling fast’ or things like that. So naturally the older kits with less stock on hand, will hit those points faster than newer kits with heaps of stock

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I think this is a stock levels thing with the webstore. The older kits, they probably keep less of them in stock these days, and when stock levels hit a certain amount the webstore classes them as ‘selling fast’ or things like that. So naturally the older kits with less stock on hand, will hit those points faster than newer kits with heaps of stock

Would that not still suggest that they are popular in terms of older kits? I do not see Chaos Warriors, Marauders, Saurus or Night Runners appearing as often despite being older Fantasy kits. All of these also appear in fairly popular armies.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

high complexity, low impact is the worst quadrant

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

As someone who wanted to buy Freeguild (later Cities) models, it has always been navigating between what's in stock or not. Note that a model that is labelled in stock can also be out of stock, the "add to basket" button simply doesn't work then. I tried to add Freeguild Archers and their General, but it simply didn't.

I think that, for as hard as they are making it to get them, many City models sell quite well, and Fantasy sets that they actually try to sell like Wytch aelves, Sisters of the Thorn and Grots do a lot better.

Maybe u think GW is as gentel that they give us Synergies with The Maggotkin Dieseased Rule and Battelttraits or Spells or some Think else (Some Thing like Rotigus can "give" with his spells for every 4+ 1 Unit an the Field W6 DiPoints? or somthing like, ReRoll the 4+ for DiPoints if the enemy Unit is in 3" of the General or something like that?!?!)

So that the DiPoints really could have a Impact?!

8 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Would that not still suggest that they are popular in terms of older kits? I do not see Chaos Warriors, Marauders, Saurus or Night Runners appearing as often despite being older Fantasy kits. All of these also appear in fairly popular armies.

Yes and no. 

Lets say the threshold for "fast selling" is 5 kits in stock in their warehouse. If GW only ever prints 6 of a specific kit then it only takes one sale for it to enter the "fast selling" category. If they only sell 1 a week then its going to appear in the "fast selling" list for quite a long time because they are unlikely to feel pressure to print many more even once they are down to 2 copies because they are only selling at a very slow rate of 1 a week. 

Fast Selling mostly came around because GW lost the ability to just bump things up the printing list at a whim. In the past if something suddenly became popular (a rule update, a bit of marketing etc...) GW could quickly just shift the production line around and bump the popular thing up and get it out into the market fairly quickly, certainly in the UK with some lag for overseas. Today everything is snarled up so things might run out of stock and stay out of stock for a while, even in the UK market. So the fast selling is more of a "get this now because it might vanish for a few weeks" - and its more applicable overseas where those markets have to wait for shipments so there can be weeks/months of lag right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I’m not sure how the current night runners could ever be a popular kit.

(Unless we are talking about ninja rats sold by a different kind of company that ins’t gw)

those aren’t even ratmans

At least they aren’t sold individually for 20 bucks a piece like their counterpart the acolytes

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yes and no. 

Lets say the threshold for "fast selling" is 5 kits in stock in their warehouse. If GW only ever prints 6 of a specific kit then it only takes one sale for it to enter the "fast selling" category. If they only sell 1 a week then its going to appear in the "fast selling" list for quite a long time because they are unlikely to feel pressure to print many more even once they are down to 2 copies because they are only selling at a very slow rate of 1 a week. 

Fast Selling mostly came around because GW lost the ability to just bump things up the printing list at a whim. In the past if something suddenly became popular (a rule update, a bit of marketing etc...) GW could quickly just shift the production line around and bump the popular thing up and get it out into the market fairly quickly, certainly in the UK with some lag for overseas. Today everything is snarled up so things might run out of stock and stay out of stock for a while, even in the UK market. So the fast selling is more of a "get this now because it might vanish for a few weeks" - and its more applicable overseas where those markets have to wait for shipments so there can be weeks/months of lag right now. 

To add on to this, for what it’s worth.

by the time the Seraphon battletome was released, the Stegadon kit had been ‘temporarily out of stock’ in New Zealand for almost a year (this was before covid was a thing). It STILL hasn’t come back in stock since, except for the 5~ copies of the Broken Realms box the whole country received