The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

2005, so nearer to 20. And it was painful realisation for me 😂

I’d love a new butcher kit. I’d love a multi part butcher kit even more. As stunning as most of GW’s new era kits are they do like variety, the smaller character kits of course not the bigger sprues like Be’Lakor and Kroak. Just an extra hand and head would be so welcome. Was miffed when the Tyrant was just a singular kit. 

I agree mate. I believe if they do release a new Butcher that it could potentially be a Dual Build with the option for Butcher OR Slaughtermaster.

I was hoping for updated Yehtees and Gorgers that would also potentially be Dual Build kits as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

The new Orc models do look awesome though.

Speaking of LOTR one thing I love about that system is the scaling of Dwarves. They look perfect standing next to humans yet in AOS Duardin are nearly at Stormcast height, which are supposed to be 8 foot Demi Gods. 

Which humans? Recent sculpts like the Excelsior Warpriest and Godsworn Hunt are a lot bigger.

GW just keeps increasing scale (now somewhere around 32mm), perhaps to keep compatibility with their own older products low.

Dwarves went from 14 mm eye height to 24 mm eye height, humans from 25 to 30-32.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Which humans? Recent sculpts like the Excelsior Warpriest and Godsworn Hunt are a lot bigger.

GW just keeps increasing scale (now somewhere around 32mm), perhaps to keep compatibility with their own older products low.

Dwarves went from 14 mm eye height to 24 mm eye height, humans from 25 to 30-32.

LOTR humans. I just hope they increase the scale for Ogors.

15 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

The size of the plastic miniatures is actually pretty consistent. The whole scale-creep isn’t really there.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The new Orc models do look awesome though.

Speaking of LOTR one thing I love about that system is the scaling of Dwarves. They look perfect standing next to humans yet in AOS Duardin are nearly at Stormcast height, which are supposed to be 8 foot Demi Gods. 

Looking at the kharadron dwarf they are at least half the size of a Stormcast model so it about right in term of scales

67FB1780-20C5-4DBF-9FD8-1C095E6A813E.jpeg.7d8af0c4f9a14623d388004738f0c3e2.jpeg

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 7

30 minutes ago, novakai said:

Some special model release next week ( sounds like a new limit edition Grombrindal model) and black library preview next saturday 

they said special model revealS so it feels like more than one model? or are they gonna blueball us as usual? 

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The 700 pts rumour seems reliable with that profile

At least competitively, I'd be pretty worried about a 700 point model with 5 inch move and a 4+ save. Definitely gonna wait to see the rest of the book before jumping to conclusions.

Also, I know everyone complained about the old faction dice being unusable but the new type, which is just a customer colour and the 6 is the faction icon are just well boring. Bring back the stupid and unusable dice please.

So I’ve been directed here to help fulfill your eager rumour needs. I will be the first to say I do not have rule rumours, in fact most people with people in the know have no such info. It’s more vague release schedules. 

January - Custodes and Genestealer Cult (40K). No AoS. 

February - Tau (40K) and Deepkin (AoS). Water and Fyre Boxset. 

March - Fyreslayers (AoS) and Chaos Space Marines (40K)

April - Nothing? (Well a limited Eldar boxset with codex in early April awaiting the late may release. See Below)

May - Eldar (40K) 

June - Bonereapers (AoS)

Id like to point out that this has drastically been delayed already, so don’t be totally surprised to see this stretched out even longer.

And before you all ask, no. I don’t have any concrete timeline for anything past this (and this isn’t even concrete). I haven’t heard anything about Chaos Dwarves, Ogors, Skaven or the like. Also this information is provided by a person at a local store who is 100% a play tester and has been part of GWs network since the early 2000s Grey Knight program. He has also given accurate information to us for previous releases. He doesn’t give us rule access due to his NDA. 

I am suppose to add that just because a month looks “empty” it doesn’t mean it is. There will be Combat Patrols for Thousand Sons and Grey Knights. Model releases for some of the armies split over two waves extending into other release windows. As well as Vanguard boxes for both Warclans (they’re actually getting two) and Stormcast.

Edited by Myst
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Copywolf said:

Anything about what models come with these releases?

Sadly not specifically. He doesn’t tell us what he has playtested but has said 3 Idoneth and 2 Fyreslayer, but not specifically what. I would assume the other rumours about Eldar and Chaos releases (7 for Chaos and 11-13 for Eldar) to be accurate for 40K. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Myst said:

So I’ve been directed here to help fulfill your eager rumour needs. I will be the first to say I do not have rule rumours, in fact most people with people in the know have no such info. It’s more vague release schedules. 

January - Custodes and Genestealer Cult (40K). No AoS. 

February - Tau (40K) and Deepkin (AoS). Water and Fyre Boxset. 

March - Fyreslayers (AoS) and Chaos Space Marines (40K)

April - Nothing? (Well a limited Eldar boxset with codex in early April awaiting the late may release. See Below)

May - Eldar (40K) 

June - Bonereapers (AoS)

Id like to point out that this has drastically been delayed already, so don’t be totally surprised to see this stretched out even longer.

And before you all ask, no. I don’t have any concrete timeline for anything past this (and this isn’t even concrete). I haven’t heard anything about Chaos Dwarves, Ogors, Skaven or the like. Also this information is provided by a person at a local store who is 100% a play tester and has been part of GWs network since the early 2000s Grey Knight program. He has also given accurate information to us for previous releases. He doesn’t give us rule access due to his NDA. 

I am suppose to add that just because a month looks “empty” it doesn’t mean it is. There will be Combat Patrols for Thousand Sons and Grey Knights. Model releases for some of the armies split over two waves extending into other release windows. As well as Vanguard boxes for both Warclans (they’re actually getting two) and Stormcast.

3 minutes ago, Myst said:

Sadly not specifically. He doesn’t tell us what he has playtested but has said 3 Idoneth and 2 Fyreslayer, but not specifically what. I would assume the other rumours about Eldar and Chaos releases (7 for Chaos and 11-13 for Eldar) to be accurate for 40K. 

Thanks for the tasty morsels mate!! 3 new Idoneth and 2 Fyreslayer models sounds sweet as.

If this timeline is accurate or indeed pushed it looks like I'll be saving some £ until at least late 2022.

15 minutes ago, Myst said:

Also this information is provided by a person at a local store who is 100% a play tester and has been part of GWs network since the early 2000s Grey Knight program. He has also given accurate information to us for previous releases. He doesn’t give us rule access due to his NDA.

delet this so he wont be found out. 

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If this timeline is accurate or indeed pushed it looks like I'll be saving some £ until at least late 2022.

it depends how it will be staggered. maybe the supply chains catches up and delivers on time and suddenly you have can release both things at the same time. nobody knows really I just hope we see malerion next year

The new WD edition comes with a tome celestial for the Soulblight Gravelords. Did they need one tho? Like, their book came super late on 2e and they arent an army like SoB that require unique rules for the fact that it is such an unique army or an army that needed to be updated/helped. I dunno, just feels weird to unclude them instead of other armies who might need it more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Myst said:

Much better than only one hero each, thank you!