The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

As far as I'm aware there are no rumours whatsoever concerning a second wave of Kruleboyz. The talk about Gnashtoof cavalry or a Hobgrot hero seemed to have been based on wishful thinking. I don't know what's up with the Gutrippa-looking boy with the vulture. I think he is still not clearly identified, but I might be wrong. 

i remember it from Grimdark live when they leak Dominon had a source that said a wolf rider like unit was somewhere in the release. or course they got everything right on Dominon except for that one part with the Hobgoblin esque wolf rider

1 minute ago, novakai said:

i remember it from Grimdark live when they leak Dominon had a source that said a wolf rider like unit was somewhere in the release. or course they got everything right on Dominon except for that one part with the Hobgoblin esque wolf rider

not to fan the chaos dwarf flames, but i wonder if it's possible they decided to move any additional hobgoblin units / leaders to a future Chaos Daurdin release?  If they have 2 or 3 kits in their back pocket, it helps flesh out a fuller release in a year or two?

2 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

not to fan the chaos dwarf flames, but i wonder if it's possible they decided to move any additional hobgoblin units / leaders to a future Chaos Daurdin release?  If they have 2 or 3 kits in their back pocket, it helps flesh out a fuller release in a year or two?

maybe but who knows. Hobgoblin where pretty intergral to the Chaos dwarf in the army roster and lore (being that they need hobgoblins to boaster their millitary number since the Dawi-Zharr where few in number and the Hobgoblins needed the chaos dwarfs protection from other greenskinz since they are hated by every species of them). In AoS, there doesn't seem to be the same extreme hostility between them and the other Greenskinz races and they are part of the Kruleboyz klaw being in the" Light Finga" group.

hypothetically, i would assume that any new Hobgrot unit that are release in a new chaos dwarf army, would also be fieldable in a Kruleboyz army. but with GW it hard to say what they want to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

There is also that one KB mini from an army shot that has yet to even be acknowledged by GW, so, who knows

This may just have been a test mini that made it into publicity shots, who knows? I expect lots more hobgrots with chorfs. 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I don’t want to be, but I know myself well enough to know I’ll be tempted by a Hedonites or Ossiarch box. 

Ossiarchs missing out on 2020 surprised me considering they were a late 2019 release. I'd be shocked if they didn't get one this year.

I could see Hedonites getting one. If we go by the amount of times they show up in sales, their new models don't sell too well and they're probably old enough now (start of 2021) to justify including them.

I think we'll see an Ironjawz set, but that's based on nothing but "convince Kruelboyz starters to expand their Warclans." 

Wave 1 Lumineth's probably old enough now to see a box too.

• Like 1

Ngl I not smart enough in the business department to deal with stocks and such but I would assume theres more to stocks. Like, theres a new wave of covid reaching europe and iirc its hitting the uk somewhat hard, theres also that lack of papper still going on. Heck, maybe even COP26 could have affected it because plastic toys arent exaclty the greenest of business and since they said they want to reduce the use of fossil fuel it could have affected all petroleum related markets.

I just think its not the best to just post a pic of a stock graph and think that definitelly says something without considering other factors. Couls this mean warhammer is selling poorly? Yes. Could it mean that we just arent "hype" anymore and warhammer is going back to normal levels as we leave lockdowns? Could also be true. Could this be something completely different affecting stock values? Also possible.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Fyreslayers never have got any battleforce,dual army,reinforcement,skirmish,warcry etc etc ANY bundle ever never in his history( i think EVERY army in aos have got one at any moment) so maybe they deserve this battleforce and luckily this bring many new players and makes the faction more popular and so gw gonna release more units for them in the future.

Also vampires seems a great option for death as all the others death have got any bundle box allready

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

Fyreslayers never have got any battleforce,dual army,reinforcement,skirmish,warcry etc etc ANY bundle ever never in his history( i think EVERY army in aos have got one at any moment) so maybe they deserve this battleforce and luckily this bring many new players and makes the faction more popular and so gw gonna release more units for them in the future.

Also vampires seems a great option for death as all the others death have got any bundle box allready

There is a rumour going around from a while back of a dual army box with fyreslayers and deepkin. 

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Doko said:

I'm pretty sure the reason they haven't gotten anything like that is that they have the worst liked aesthetic out of every army according to all polls I've seen on the subject by a wide margin. Even then they still got spells and terrain at least 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

GW shares price is at the same level at it was a year ago. These battleforces better be good 😅

Screenshot_20211115_130637.jpg

Good and deserved. This is what you get for completely paywalling your advertisement videos and destroying your online presence with your streaming service. 

Miss it so much to see animations going viral and seeing it in other circles and online creators with 50+k viewers watching them. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

I'm pretty sure the reason they haven't gotten anything like that is that they have the worst liked aesthetic out of every army according to all polls I've seen on the subject by a wide margin. Even then they still got spells and terrain at least 

If anything you'd think they'd want to push Battleforce sets of Fyreslayers out because it helps less popular models get stock shifted via the discounts.  More likely it's because they have an extremely limited model pool.

• x4 Foot Hero blisters (Runemaster, Battlesmith, Berzerker, Doomseeker)
  • x1 Monster kit (Runefather, Runeson, Runesmith)
  • x1 Battleline kit (Vulkites)
  • x1 Hearthguard kit (Aurics/Berzerkers)

The Magmadroth and Vulkites already come packed together. That leaves... one kit and a selection of heroes. Maybe they could buck the norm and include the Pizza Oven faction terrain and Endless Spells in, but then you're making it a starter set than excludes 99% of existing Fyreslayer players. 

If they do get a Battleforce I imagine it'll look something like this:

• x1 Magmadroth
  • x1 Vulkite
  • x1 Battlesmith
  • x1 Runemaster or Berzerker or Doomseeker
  • x2 Hearthguard

In total that's £155 of stuff at RRP. Assuming Battleforces are still £125 that's a £30 saving and roughly what you'd expect for these sets. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Doko said:

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If anything you'd think they'd want to push Battleforce sets of Fyreslayers out because it helps less popular models get stock shifted via the discounts.  More likely it's because they have an extremely limited model pool.

• x4 Foot Hero blisters (Runemaster, Battlesmith, Berzerker, Doomseeker)
  • x1 Monster kit (Runefather, Runeson, Runesmith)
  • x1 Battleline kit (Vulkites)
  • x1 Hearthguard kit (Aurics/Berzerkers)

The Magmadroth and Vulkites already come packed together. That leaves... one kit and a selection of heroes. Maybe they could buck the norm and include the Pizza Oven faction terrain and Endless Spells in, but then you're making it a starter set than excludes 99% of existing Fyreslayer players. 

If they do get a Battleforce I imagine it'll look something like this:

• x1 Magmadroth
  • x1 Vulkite
  • x1 Battlesmith
  • x1 Runemaster or Berzerker or Doomseeker
  • x2 Hearthguard

In total that's £155 of stuff at RRP. Assuming Battleforces are still £125 that's a £30 saving and roughly what you'd expect for these sets. 

I really hope we get Fyreslayer updates this Edition, at the moment they are quite one dimensional, model wise but the incredible thing about AOS is its limitless potential. 

Start adding more Armoured Duardin, switch it up with Unarmed Brawler Rage fueled Duardin, more monsters, Magmadroth Cavlary and other beast pulled chariots, a Magma Tortoise with a Howdah full of Bezerkers. 

Hell just add female Duardin!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I still think the narrative is leaning towards Duardin soup. I am still hoping that we get an update on the classical dwarf theme with a female/valkyrie army that worships Valaya. I think they'd include a unit of infantry (winged spears and round sheilds), Flying cavalry (Ranged and Melee), Artillery Piece and a Few Heroes. Overall I could see it being a small subfaction and then they could hopefully increase the number of the other Duardin factions by a unit or two.

As for the cavalry I want them to be adorable winged ponies because for all the creativity of AOS I want some more fun things.

As for my top pick for the other Duardin Subfactions:
Fyerslayer: Magmadroth Chariot
Dispossesed: Mechanical Golem
Kharadron: Piloted Mech Behemoth for Close Combat (Thinking of Escaflowne here)

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope we get Fyreslayer updates this Edition, at the moment they are quite one dimensional, model wise but the incredible thing about AOS is its limitless potential. 

Start adding more Armoured Duardin, switch it up with Unarmed Brawler Rage fueled Duardin, more monsters, Magmadroth Cavlary and other beast pulled chariots, a Magma Tortoise with a Howdah full of Bezerkers. 

Hell just add female Duardin!!

What about a magmadroth herder/trainer? You could have it be like a duardin model and 9 small magmadroths. Heck, if we end up going this rabbit hole Im not sure we are going to be able to stop XD

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

GW shares price is at the same level at it was a year ago. These battleforces better be good 😅

Screenshot_20211115_130637.jpg

Well FYI a lot company stock drop this last quarter because of supply chain and inflation, if Amazon and Apple fell a bit in the last theee month then you can’t expect GW to survive it either.

stock tend to follow speculation and global environment rather then how a company is doing at the current time, which the general public won’t know until they release their financial report

Edited by novakai
  • Like 5