The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I don't get the hate for the Slaughterborn....while i agree warcry is nice for his differences of the chaos ways a good old "Conan" styled barbarian warband is nice.
Everyone was hyped for Darkoath also..i don't get the disappointment.

I actually like him, but I imagine the disappointment for some may come from the fact he may not be a replacement marauder, but rather another warband (which look like marauders but better) with a tonne of different base sizes (so can't be proxied as marauders easily) which will have rubbish AoS rules and so (like 90% of the other Warcry warbands) won't ever see play in Slaves to Darkness.

Playing Slaves to Darkness recently and trying to make the non-Iron Golems work in even Path to Glory has been close to impossible; they all look much better than marauders, but only marauders are worth playing (again, discounting IG). 

I'm going to be a bit upset if these guys come in a box of 9 with 3+ different base sizes and rules-wise they have one attack each at 4/4/-/1 and a 6+ save costing 70 points. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I actually like him, but I imagine the disappointment for some may come from the fact he may not be a replacement marauder, but rather another warband (which look like marauders but better) with a tonne of different base sizes (so can't be proxied as marauders easily) which will have rubbish AoS rules and so (like 90% of the other Warcry warbands) won't ever see play in Slaves to Darkness.

Playing Slaves to Darkness recently and trying to make the non-Iron Golems work in even Path to Glory has been close to impossible; they all look much better than marauders, but only marauders are worth playing (again, discounting IG). 

I'm going to be a bit upset if these guys come in a box of 9 with 3+ different base sizes and rules-wise they have one attack each at 4/4/-/1 and a 6+ save costing 70 points. 

I still feel like Marauders will not last much longer and that Warcry Warbands will be the default choice for Slaves to Darkness horde units. My biggest concern is that they change the unit sizes to reflect the boxes that have two units in them as it would make my Untamed Beasts and Iron Golems undersized and no longer of any real use. 😕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Where to begin!! First off the Slaughterborn is an amazing sculpt.

That Kroxigor, ****** that is an amazing mini, I may just have to pick one up just to paint it!!

The silhouete though... OGOR IN THE MIDDLE!! OGORS PEOPLE!! Definitely looks like it will be the Pirate Ogor.

One of the best movements that GW has made is recruiting Winzor Chog as a BB resin sculptor. That guy was one of the best Fantasy Football sculptors with the best Morg N Thorg ever made as a signature of his work.

• Like 1

I like the Barbarian dude, but I can sorta see why people are disappointed. Spire Tyrants (and sorta Untamed Beasts) already fit the niche of standard looking marauder. Maybe he isn't representative of the rest of the warband and they have some more interesting equipment elsewhere.

My big fear is his warband is going to have awful AoS rules like the rest of them...

• Like 1

The model is good, but we don't need another generic barbarian warband. They do desperately need to redo the marauders kit. Understandable people are disappointed that it seems we're getting something not many people really wanted instead of something everybody wanted. 

Edited by yukishiro1

Well this new warband could be that new Marauder kit. There is usually 5 to 6 different types of units in a warband and looking at the current you could probably stretch that. Unit champion, banner, drummer, then you have the axe and shield guys or the flail guys. Maybe they will update it to add some new "1 in every 5 guys can take this" kind of weapon. If they need to flesh out the warcry band some more they could get a little more creative with some of the minor weapon variations. Current Marauders have both axes and pick weapons that are the same thing is aos but in warcry you could make slight adjustments to their weapon profile, the axes could be a fairly reliable 2/3 damage where the picks could have a higher crit ceiling and be 1/5 damage. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

The model is good, but we don't need another generic barbarian warband. They do desperately need to redo the marauders kit. Understandable people are disappointed that it seems we're getting something not many people really wanted instead of something everybody wanted. 

Who knows, maybe that's the new marauder kit for AoS.

4 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Nice! I wonder if this means Ogors and a few Gnoblars, or all Maneaters. Can't wait to see them!

Current Rumour is a Pirate Ogor Maneater with a Parrot and Monkey. We've already seen the Parrot. Judging by your username mate I'm sure you're incredibly excited now!!

G5Y2TsbMkfE1ZUX7.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, dnusha said:

It seems like Custodes vs Genocult rumors are real.

custRumor.jpg.530639ba5ef768a402819212596fa2d2.jpgcust.jpg.7b7d4bec90f43bc238d282ae0853ef46.jpg

Dangerous times for my bank account, if only I didn't see Dune las night and want to make a Sardaukar themed Custodes army... and a Fremen themed Admech army. With that, Warcry and Battleforces... I am going to maybe have to ignore the news from Warhammer Day in hopes of one day paying off my student loans.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2