The Rumour Thread

http://disq.us/p/1majz6r

Looks like Greywater Fastness is likely to get warmachines that shoot in the hero phase.

Fyi you can check my post history and my army's been from there since the Season of War campaign. The rest of you are the people that piggybacked Iron Warriors when they got to take a Basilisk and nine Obliterators. ;) 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, hellalugosi said:

things that get bonuses on charge like lord celestant on dracoth with glaive, are gonna love this. forced disengage, able to move and charge again, super versatile!!!

Keep in mind that what you just described will take 2-3 turns and will only happen on a 5+.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hellalugosi said:

things that get bonuses on charge like lord celestant on dracoth with glaive, are gonna love this. forced disengage, able to move and charge again, super versatile!!!

I have concerns in general about the number of things that do things in phases that are not normally for that thing.   The more that happens,  the less it feels like a structured game and more like a gotchya!-fest. 

I'll try it with an open mind though !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Burf said:

Keep in mind that what you just described will take 2-3 turns and will only happen on a 5+.

this is considering that this city allegiance is free! so theres no reason not to take it when i'm running things like aforementioned celestant, flagellants, a handful of GA:O cavalry, etc. The chance of it happening on a 5+ is much better than it never happening at all. this can also help slower units that have been chaffed up, so escape, get a movement, and possibly charge onto a desired enemy unit to attack or enemy unit sitting on an objective. 

8 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I have concerns in general about the number of things that do things in phases that are not normally for that thing.   The more that happens,  the less it feels like a structured game and more like a gotchya!-fest. 

I'm excited, obviously, i've been a big fan of these less guaranteed style abilities that GHB2017 has introduced, but then again, i've always played models with wacky RNG, so i'm used to it. 

13 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Naval Realmgates are implied in the Scourge Privateer background text in the GA: Order Book. Some of them should even be big enough to fit a Black Ark.
Also, we know that at least Azyr, Aqshy, Ghur, Chamon and Ghyran have oceans. I think the Mortal Realms have enough room to house multiple naval factions.

Shyish too :)

9 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Think I'm coming from the same angle.  I'm really looking forward to the map campaign element, but less fussed about additional layers of rules.

44 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Think I'm coming from the same angle.  I'm really looking forward to the map campaign element, but less fussed about additional layers of rules.

Same here. I think extended map campaigns are just the best thing ever but all those additional rules should be optional in my opinion. What I love about AoS is that I can introduce a friend. Play two battlerounds, reset and play a full game with them understanding it. So i'm curious to see how they will introduce them in the rules. 

But Firestorm in general yeah!

Also does anybody else feel the current changes (allies, the city boxes) are all trying to push players to collect throughout the whole GA instead of just a faction?

I think the Anvilguard ability is very interesting, and potentially quite powerful.

Ignoring the fact that you can kill off enemies which can't escape, let's think about some other tactical applications.

A) You can push people off objectives. Yep, if you're fighting in the middle of the board, the enemy might have to move back 6" or have models destroyed. Super useful ability, as you're essentially pushing them back 6" away from the objective, allowing you to potentially crowd more models onto it.

B) Some shooters get abilities that trigger when you're not within 3" of an enemy (Double shotting crossbows, Handgunners, Darkshards, probably more). Combat is the last place you want to be, but if you are there, this can help your shooters out by allowing them to get their bonuses back, or just giving them more room to move back and shoot.

Definitely keen to see what else is coming :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hellalugosi said:

this is considering that this city allegiance is free! so theres no reason not to take it when i'm running things like aforementioned celestant, flagellants, a handful of GA:O cavalry, etc. The chance of it happening on a 5+ is much better than it never happening at all. this can also help slower units that have been chaffed up, so escape, get a movement, and possibly charge onto a desired enemy unit to attack or enemy unit sitting on an objective. 

I'm excited, obviously, i've been a big fan of these less guaranteed style abilities that GHB2017 has introduced, but then again, i've always played models with wacky RNG, so i'm used to it. 

The point is that it's likely not worth more than the other options that are available due to the unpredictability and long setup time. As a Stormcast player I'd take the battleshock bonus in any list where battleshock immunity isn't baked in over this one. 

21 hours ago, Aginor said:

I kinda hope it is not pirate vampires... I don't know why but the whole vampire stuff is meh to me, and... pirates? In a world that is connected by realm gates and stuff pirates would be very limited wouldn't they?

Since TK went away we are missing so many Skeletons and stuff (Chariots, Archers, Giants just to name a few) I'd prefer having those.

Well I think Age of Sigmar is showing us that travel by realmgate isn't the only way. If we look at Kharadron Overlords the idea of 'space ships' in Age of Sigmar is not shunned at all. Then when we do thake a closer look at how spirits seem to be able to make things float aswell I think an airbourne Vampire Pirate ship would actually not be limited in travel and actually would make sence in the Age of Sigmar universe, enough at least within the current line and setting.

Im sure more miss TK but the choice for Nagash being the boss is quite logical. In addition AoS is not close to being the same fantasy setting as WFB. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Killax said:

Well I think Age of Sigmar is showing us that travel by realmgate isn't the only way. If we look at Kharadron Overlords the idea of 'space ships' in Age of Sigmar is not shunned at all. Then when we do thake a closer look at how spirits seem to be able to make things float aswell I think an airbourne Vampire Pirate ship would actually not be limited in travel and actually would make sence in the Age of Sigmar universe, enough at least within the current line and setting.

Im sure more miss TK but the choice for Nagash being the boss is quite logical. In addition AoS is not close to being the same fantasy setting as WFB. 

No problems at all with TK being gone. I don't want them back. I want units that do the same but belong to Deathrattle in fluff, style, and capabilities. :) 

Edited by Aginor
  • Like 3

Tempest's Eye's turn today. Might have to plump for these guys for a while if Greywater Fastness really don't get Dispossessed. :( 

Edited by Double Misfire

These abilities do look strong. The issue for Matched Play then becomes whether the Death or Destruction one is materially weaker (in which case they have a big problem as they have no choice). While the last two abilities have been very strong, they are about as strong as each other. One of them also deters alpha strikes, which is not the end of the world.

The bit I like is this...

The city of Tempest’s Eye rests high in the mountains of the Realm of Fire, serving as a citadel for the Tempest Lords and home to a bustling sky-port, where both the Swifthawk Agents and Kharadron Overlords ply a healthy trade. 

Swifthawk agents getting some more fluff?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nico said:

These abilities do look strong. The issue for Matched Play then becomes whether the Death or Destruction one is materially weaker (in which case they have a big problem as they have no choice). While the last two abilities have been very strong, they are about as strong as each other. One of them also deters alpha strikes, which is not the end of the world.

I fear that we'll end up with auto-include city abilities with no real drawback. And I doubt these rules have been thoroughly playtested...

• Like 3

I feel like this is a pretty solid snub as a Seraphon player since they are saying basically all of the different factions will get cool new powerful abilities!.... Except Seraphon.

I understand Lorewise that they are on a different plane, but this is the chance to make an exception to that restrictive Stormcast-Only allegiance that Seraphon are stuck with. :(

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

I feel like this is a pretty solid snub as a Seraphon player since they are saying basically all of the different factions will get cool new powerful abilities!.... Except Seraphon.

I understand Lorewise that they are on a different plane, but this is the chance to make an exception to that restrictive Stormcast-Only allegiance that Seraphon are stuck with. :(

Seraphon just got one of the best set of new abilities and two battalions. 

How can you make an argument for being neglected again?

• Like 4